WITNESSES CRASHES AND BURNS!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
IHAQ
God

Re: WITNESSES CRASHES AND BURNS!

Post by IHAQ »

Tom wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:52 am
Thursday:

Daily gross: $20,669 (7th place)
Theaters: 84
Average: $246
Gross to date: $251,159
If “Witnesses” box office takings for the first 12 months map similarly to that of “Meet The Mormons”, Interpreter will be lucky to gross 50% of the claimed $1 million it cost to make. I’m wondering if the shift of Witnesses funds from not-for-profit Interpreter to a for-profit LLC was, in part, to facilitate a delay in a public financial accounting for the project…
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Sledge wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:12 pm
Tom wrote: Of course, DTP wasn't suggesting that the film
DCP’s evil(er) twin?
Defund the Police.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Moksha wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:18 am
Sledge wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:12 pm
DCP’s evil(er) twin?
Defund the Police.
Hey, it works for DCP, too.

‘Daniel the Producer’. : )
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Well. It’s Saturday night, and I’m getting ready to attend a rave at 437 W 200 S, Salt Lake City, but before I do and after having ingested enough cocaine, fentanyl, lsd, and shrooms to send me to Zeta Reticuli I thought I’d check RT to see if any critics have bothered to review Witnesses.

Ok. Well, at least we have this from Phillip C, who never bothered to review one_single_film on RT prior to dropping this mukky:
An honest, factual portrayal of the event. I gave it a 4 because it would have been nice to include briefly the testimony of the eight witnesses along with that of Mary Whitmer, Emma Smith and others, though I realize that budgetary and time constraints probably played a role in the finished product.
And this 5-star review by someone so moved by the movie they couldn’t be bothered to even create a username or profile to go along with it (perhaps they deleted it?)
Well done. An honest depiction of real people and events in a remarkable and difficult period of time. It also depicts, in this movie format, how messy life really is and therefore, so is history. Bravo.
While I’m tempted to remind the executive producer there’s a particular question the Bishop will ask him next time he’s up for a worthiness interview that might make things awkward, I’m FAIRly certain his relationship with the truth has long since been damaged to the point of no return. He has, after all, never atoned for nor made amends for stealing all of that intellectual property over the years.

Anyway. Kudos. More midwits churning out 5-star reviews will most certainly get the MI Studios budget back in the black!

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

A four star review from John F, who has not seen the movie yet, who thinks all the half star reviews are from.... those who have not seen the movie yet. :roll:
Waiting for the movie to open up in a theater in Western Washington or set up a private screening. Have read and researched all the reviews and will be seeing the movie ASAP. Don't listen to the 1/2 star reviews just anger anti-Mormon trolls who have not seen the movie.
IHAQ
God

Post by IHAQ »

On Thursday Witnesses took $20,669 across 84 cinemas:
https://www.boxofficemojo.com/release/r ... l_table_11

That’s $246 per cinema (not per showing). How many people does that likely equate to?
kairos
CTR B

Post by kairos »

At $8 per ticket average would be 30 people assuming no one got a free ticket or pass.
IHAQ
God

Post by IHAQ »

kairos wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:14 pm
At $8 per ticket average would be 30 people assuming no one got a free ticket or pass.
And that’s 30 people spread across 2 or 3 showings that day.
Gabriel
Deacon

Post by Gabriel »

IHAQ wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:01 pm
kairos wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:14 pm
And that’s 30 people spread across 2 or 3 showings that day.
On the plus side, if you factor in the popcorn, soda, and a box of red vines, or Raisonettes, that's an easy $800 for the megaplex. Cha-Ching!
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

I wonder what the actual figure DCP’s film needs in order to recoup all the costs and to cover the advertising/distributor/theater fees?

I’m guessing the film needs to make around 2 million dollars before DCP’s film has recouped all the costs?
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014