WITNESSES CRASHES AND BURNS!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Moksha
God

Re: WITNESSES CRASHES AND BURNS!

Post by Moksha »

The Interpreter should be able to pay for several more years of Professor Skousen's project with that $855,765 (or it could be plowed back into a number of smaller documentaries featuring select members of the Interpreter and FAIR).
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
IHAQ
God

Post by IHAQ »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:26 pm
An interesting update provided by one of SeN’s commenters:
Kenneth Gourdin to the inestimable Professor Sham Wow

This will be my final reply to you. I try not to make a habit out of wasting my time attempting to communicate with the deliberately obtuse (or those who are feigning obtuseness). I think it is perfectly clear to anyone who can read and who can reason that you are sneering. I am not. I saw the movie several times. I have purchased several DVDs of the movie. While my resources are limited, I have done my best to "put my money where my mouth is" in an effort to ensure that the movie performs well at the box office and in post-release media sales such as DVD. I doubt, notwithstanding your allegedly-laudatory comments regarding the movie's box office performance, that you can say the same.
This is eye-opening. How many Mormons who saw Witnesses felt the ‘call to arms’, put down their trowels, and threw money at the MI’s endeavor so it’d be successful?

- Doc
There's a conflict in this comment on Sic Et Non. Kenneth is proud to have personally attended multiple screenings and bought multiple DVD's to bolster Witnesses financial performance. But the Co. Exec. Prod. and Sic Et Non proprietor has said, exhaustively, that this was never about the money. Kenneth has wasted his resources. But I understand his confusion, because whilst saying it's not about the money on one side of his face, the Co. Exec. Prod. and Sic Et Non Proprietor has been saying, exhaustively, that people should go to multiple screenings and buy multiple DVD's. I'm still confused as to what the success metrics are for this film.
IHAQ
God

Post by IHAQ »

The Exec. Co. Prod. Has confirmed, albeit after the event, what the primary success criteria for Witnesses is (was all along)…
Out of curiosity, I went to one of the local Deseret Book outlets a couple of days ago (near University Mall, in the southern part of Orem). I was pleased to see that DVDs of the Interpreter Foundation’s dramatic film, Witnesses, are available for sale at that store — and I presume that they’re available in all Deseret Book outlets. Wherefore, go forth and purchase. Our goal has always been to have this film reach the widest possible audience.
https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... ation.html

Now that we have this confirmed, one can ask if the route Interpreter took - a theatrical release (which resulted in serious delays due to the pandemics impact on theatres), was really the best way to achieve this goal.
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

IHAQ wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:57 am
The Exec. Co. Prod. Has confirmed, albeit after the event, what the primary success criteria for Witnesses is (was all along)…
Out of curiosity, I went to one of the local Deseret Book outlets a couple of days ago (near University Mall, in the southern part of Orem). I was pleased to see that DVDs of the Interpreter Foundation’s dramatic film, Witnesses, are available for sale at that store — and I presume that they’re available in all Deseret Book outlets. Wherefore, go forth and purchase. Our goal has always been to have this film reach the widest possible audience.
https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... ation.html

Now that we have this confirmed, one can ask if the route Interpreter took - a theatrical release (which resulted in serious delays due to the pandemics impact on theatres), was really the best way to achieve this goal.
Tell me more about this state of war with EastAsia.
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
IHAQ
God

Post by IHAQ »

Yesterday, a friend visually confirmed that the DVD of Witnesses is available at the Deseret Book outlet that is located directly across the street from Temple Square.

I expected as much, but it’s good to know. I hope that very many will now be able to see the film who, for whatever reason, did not see it in a theater, and I also hope that many who saw it will want to see it yet again, and to own it for themselves. Watching the film and discussing it afterward would make for a very good family activity, for instance
https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... ening.html

If the objective is for as many people as possible to see the film, wouldn’t a better way of distribution be to give free DVD’s out via the missionaries, or via the members? What non Mormon is going to go into Deseret Book and buy a Witnesses DVD? Unless the movie isn’t about drawing people into the Church. Perhaps the movie is a subtle way of trying to draw members into donating to Interpreter. Is this really just a bid for funds?