All 11 Megaplex Theaters To Pull Witnesses On Thursday

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: All 11 Megaplex Theaters To Pull Witnesses On Thursday

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

You skeptics really don’t understand the power of larping eye-witness accounts that totes happened. For example Seatimer off SeN’s comments section waxed damn near poetic what it’d be like if a skeptic for realz saw and hefted ‘golden’ plates:
Seatimer

To a certain degree, gemli is correct in insisting that spiritual evidence is difficult if not impossible to measure. There is a certain amount of truth to what he says and claims. The true difficulty lies within the individual. What one person feels or senses cannot be easily transferrable to another person.

That being said, if gemli were somehow transported back to the day and happened to be a member of the Whitmer family, and if gemli happened to be one of the men to see and then "heft" certain golden or brass plates, would he be the same person thereafter? If in that moment of time, he had seen and hefted the plates, if he were to then deny and disavow the experience, exactly what kind of person would that make him? In today's world, would we perceive him to be a false witness or would we accept and glory and laud his "brave" decision to "stand against the crowd?"

Truly it is impossible to transfer one's own experiences, memories and discoveries over to another individual. According to God, each individual is responsible for his or her own actions. I am grateful that my heart is a "believing" heart. The glorious assurances that I have received therefrom, are worth more than all the doomsday nihilism that the atheist so adamantly adheres to.
I love it when believers have to create some sort of fantastical ‘what if’ role-playing scenario in order to generate the veneer of plausibility. Also, what’s up with the “doomsday nihilism” thing? I’m fairly certain gemli is relatively nonplussed about his inevitable annihilation; rather it’s the fantasists daydreaming about Mormon heaven to stave off the terror of their ultimate demise.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

I love it when believers have to create some sort of fantastical ‘what if’ role-playing scenario
Yeah, what if DCP, Kiwi57, LM, and the others hadn't been born Mormon? What are the chances that they'd make time to watch Witnesses? What are the chances they'd become interested in Mormonism based on the "eye witness evidence"?
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:15 am

I love it when believers have to create some sort of fantastical ‘what if’ role-playing scenario in order to generate the veneer of plausibility. Also, what’s up with the “doomsday nihilism” thing? I’m fairly certain gemli is relatively nonplussed about his inevitable annihilation; rather it’s the fantasists daydreaming about Mormon heaven to stave off the terror of their ultimate demise.

- Doc
I have no thoughts on the thread or OP topic, but had to +1/upvote one of my favorite xkcd strips.