Solomon's 1,005 Songs = Alma's 1,005 martyred Lamanites and 230,000 Lucky Charms

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Physics Guy
God

Re: Solomon's 1,005 Songs & Alma's 1,005 martyred Lamanites

Post by Physics Guy »

Sir, yes, sir!

Seriously I do agree with the others here that you have a real point. Please carry on.
I was a teenager before it was cool.
Shulem
God

Re: Solomon's 1,005 Songs & Alma's 1,005 martyred Lamanites

Post by Shulem »

Physics Guy wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:50 pm
Sir, yes, sir!

Seriously I do agree with the others here that you have a real point. Please carry on.

Amen! Hallelujah!

He heard me.

;)
Shulem
God

The odds

Post by Shulem »

In the absence of Philo, I'm afraid we will have to rely on my feeble mathematical skills and humble ability to express numbers in a "grand" sense (pun intended) as I point out the following:

Values expressed in the Book of Mormon in complete fractional form above 1,000 are limited to the following:

Thus we have *THREE* samples! Three numbers within the "grand" scheme of things (pun intended) whereby they are not rounded numbers but *ALL* digits are included within the number.

So what are the odds that Solomon's number would be included within the Book of Mormon?

12,532 - 1,000 = 11,532 chances

Thus, 1 in 11,532

Those are the odds. Smith had 3 balls to go to bat in order to hit the 1,005.

Smith hit an amazing grand slam and nailed his 1,005!
Shulem
God

Solomon & Sex in 1,005 songs

Post by Shulem »

I'll state for the record that Smith was intrigued by Solomon's lifestyle of wealth, fame, and lots of women -- and with lots of women comes lots of sex. And, that is what Joseph Smith wanted most -- "abominable" but "sanctioned" SEX by "special revelation"! Smith wanted women, even other men's wives and 14 year old girls so that his sexual desires may flower and pop....

You don't believe me? Okay, here is special evidence from Smith's own dirty mouth that implicate what it was he wanted most:

Joseph Smith History wrote:If we seek first the kingdom of God, all good things will be added So with Solomon; first he asked wisdom, and God gave it him, and with it every desire of his heart; even things which might be considered abominable to all who understand the order of heaven only in part, but which, in reality, were right, because God gave and sanctioned by special revelation.

Joseph Smith, History

Yes, that includes 14 year old girls and other men's wives -- tits, ass, and all.
Shulem
God

It Takes a Thief

Post by Shulem »

I assure you that Joseph Smith was well aware of Solomon's number in which he stole the 1,005 and inserted it into his own book in order to add a mysterious nuance known only to him. Smith thought he could pull the wool over the eyes of everyone, which he did, until now!!

Smith spiced his own works by inserting phrases and numbers from the Bible into his own revelations. Believe me when I say Smith was quite familiar with Solomon's fame and the Song of Solomon recorded in the Bible. We only need this to prove the point:

Song of Solomon 6:10 wrote:Who is she that looketh forth as the morning, fair as the moon, clear as the sun, and terrible as an army with banners?

And now, before the Book of Mormon was published and whereby Smith stole the "1,005", it is positively affirmed that Smith was borrowing from Solomon and quoting his work as if it was his own:

Revelation given through Joseph Smith the Prophet, at Harmony, Pennsylvania, March 1829, at the request of Martin Harris. D&C 5:14 wrote:And to none else will I grant this power, to receive this same testimony among this generation, in this the beginning of the rising up and the coming forth of my church out of the wilderness—clear as the moon, and fair as the sun, and terrible as an army with banners.

This is undisputable proof that Smith was well aware of Solomon's Song in the Bible and also the verse in Kings that references 1,005 songs. Not only did Smith steal the number 1,005 for his dead Lamanites but he stole the above verse without crediting Solomon.
IHAQ
God

Re: It Takes a Thief

Post by IHAQ »

Shulem wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:20 am
I assure you that Joseph Smith was well aware of Solomon's number in which he stole the 1,005 and inserted it into his own book in order to add a mysterious nuance known only to him. Smith thought he could pull the wool over the eyes of everyone, which he did, until now!!

Smith spiced his own works by inserting phrases and numbers from the Bible into his own revelations. Believe me when I say Smith was quite familiar with Solomon's fame and the Song of Solomon recorded in the Bible. We only need this to prove the point:

Song of Solomon 6:10 wrote:Who is she that looketh forth as the morning, fair as the moon, clear as the sun, and terrible as an army with banners?

And now, before the Book of Mormon was published and whereby Smith stole the "1,005", it is positively affirmed that Smith was borrowing from Solomon and quoting his work as if it was his own:

Revelation given through Joseph Smith the Prophet, at Harmony, Pennsylvania, March 1829, at the request of Martin Harris. D&C 5:14 wrote:And to none else will I grant this power, to receive this same testimony among this generation, in this the beginning of the rising up and the coming forth of my church out of the wilderness—clear as the moon, and fair as the sun, and terrible as an army with banners.

This is undisputable proof that Smith was well aware of Solomon's Song in the Bible and also the verse in Kings that references 1,005 songs. Not only did Smith steal the number 1,005 for his dead Lamanites but he stole the above verse without crediting Solomon.
Smith plagiarises it again in D&C 105:31
31 But first let my army become very great, and let it be sanctified before me, that it may become fair as the sun, and clear as the moon, and that her banners may be terrible unto all nations;
and again in D&C 109:73
73 That thy church may come forth out of the wilderness of darkness, and shine forth fair as the moon, clear as the sun, and terrible as an army with banners;
Last edited by IHAQ on Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
IHAQ
God

Post by IHAQ »

Dup
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

IHAQ wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:36 am
Smith plagiarises it again in D&C 105:31 and again in D&C 109:73

Indeed, Smith used that phrase from Solomon's Song on both occasions you quoted above. The phrase was used in a very important context. One was a direct prayer to Heavenly Father who was addressed as "Jehovah" multiple times because at that time the Father was called Jehovah in Mormonism. Solomon's phrase was important enough to use in the Kirtland temple dedication. The other occasion is when Zion's Camp was underway and Smith likened the Church to an army that would someday take over the world as witnessed in the verse that follows: "That the kingdoms of this world may be constrained to acknowledge that the kingdom of Zion is in very deed the kingdom of our God and his Christ; therefore, let us become subject unto her laws." (verse 32)

The reason the phrase being used in D&C 5 is so important is because this was given in a revelation that actually preceded the translation of the Book of Mormon! Section 5 was given in March of 1829 *BEFORE* the translation was given in April, May, and June. Thus, the story of Alma's Lamanites had not yet been revealed! And here we have Smith already using Solomon as a reference to his revelations! He knew all about Solomon's Song and he knew there were 1,005 songs attributed to him. Not only did Smith use Solomon's phrase but he stole his number and affixed it to his fictitious story about martyred Lamanites in his book of Alma that he had not yet dictated to Oliver Cowdery.

Is this now beginning to become clear to readers here on Discuss Mormonism?

This is a very important finding in which I have managed to uncover, LIVE, here on this little "obscure" (DCP) message board. Don't you people want to celebrate this new discovery that proves Smith was pulling the wool over everyone's eyes? What the hell is wrong with people on this board?

The 1,005 dead Lamanites are nothing more than a story out of Smith's own head. It never happened! It's not historical. Those people *AND* the very number that represent them are fiction.

Wake up everyone! No sleeping at the wheel! Jesus Christ!!
IHAQ
God

Post by IHAQ »

Shulem wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:10 pm
IHAQ wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:36 am
Smith plagiarises it again in D&C 105:31 and again in D&C 109:73

Indeed, Smith used that phrase from Solomon's Song on both occasions you quoted above. The phrase was used in a very important context. One was a direct prayer to Heavenly Father who was addressed as "Jehovah" multiple times because at that time the Father was called Jehovah in Mormonism. Solomon's phrase was important enough to use in the Kirtland temple dedication. The other occasion is when Zion's Camp was underway and Smith likened the Church to an army that would someday take over the world as witnessed in the verse that follows: "That the kingdoms of this world may be constrained to acknowledge that the kingdom of Zion is in very deed the kingdom of our God and his Christ; therefore, let us become subject unto her laws." (verse 32)

The reason the phrase being used in D&C 5 is so important is because this was given in a revelation that actually preceded the translation of the Book of Mormon! Section 5 was given in March of 1829 *BEFORE* the translation was given in April, May, and June. Thus, the story of Alma's Lamanites had not yet been revealed! And here we have Smith already using Solomon as a reference to his revelations! He knew all about Solomon's Song and he knew there were 1,005 songs attributed to him. Not only did Smith use Solomon's phrase but he stole his number and affixed it to his fictitious story about martyred Lamanites in his book of Alma that he had not yet dictated to Oliver Cowdery.

Is this now beginning to become clear to readers here on Discuss Mormonism?
I admit, I hadn't even considered the chronology. That he had used the 1,005 number prior to it being used in the claimed Book of Mormon translation of Alma does appear to increase the significance of the find. Maybe not a smoking gun, but definitely an empty shell casing.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

IHAQ wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:05 pm
I admit, I hadn't even considered the chronology. That he had used the 1,005 number prior to it being used in the claimed Book of Mormon translation of Alma does appear to increase the significance of the find. Maybe not a smoking gun, but definitely an empty shell casing.

Well, he used the phrase "clear as the moon, and fair as the sun, and terrible as an army with banners" in 1829 *prior* to the translation but the number "1,005" came during the actual translation when the story of Alma was originally invented. You see, Solomon was on Joseph's mind to include Solomon's temple at Jerusalem and the one that would be built by his fictional character, Nephi. Solomon gets special mention with Nephi but the number "1,005" was cribbed secretly by Alma and to my knowledge (so far) was not used by Smith in his other sayings or writings.

I'm glad you at least see it as a shell casing but for me it's a smoking gun when connecting it with other factors which illuminate Smith's fraud in showing where he got original ideas and information to write his own story. And the odds! Just think of the odds -- a thousand and five, bullseye.