Solomon's 1,005 Songs = Alma's 1,005 martyred Lamanites and 230,000 Lucky Charms

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
drumdude
God

Re: Solomon's 1,005 Songs & Alma's 1,005 martyred Lamanites

Post by drumdude »

The Interpreter will soon have an article showing "a thousand and five" can be decomposed into "a thousand" and "five" which completely negates your argument.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

drumdude wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:33 pm
The Interpreter will soon have an article showing "a thousand and five" can be decomposed into "a thousand" and "five" which completely negates your argument.

Well, those liars will have their work cut out for them. They can also do the Bible too.

Ezra 2:39 & Nehemiah 7:42 wrote:The children of Harim, a thousand and seventeen.

Numbers aren't interpreted. Numbers are counted, one after another. Shall we count to 1,017?

If you have $1,005.00 in your wallet and ten of those bills are $100 notes, then that means your remaining note(s) are either:

(x1) $5 bill

or

(x5) $1 bills

There is no deviating from the math. It's set in stone.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

1017 can be decomposed into "a thousand" and "ten" and "seven" which are all known theologically significant numbers which God has placed there and which most definitely did not come from Joe's mind.

The Interpreter can do this all day, Shulem! This is what they do!
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

drumdude wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:28 pm
1017 can be decomposed into "a thousand" and "ten" and "seven" which are all known theologically significant numbers which God has placed there and which most definitely did not come from Joe's mind.

The Interpreter can do this all day, Shulem! This is what they do!

Well, the Interpreter has met its match. Let me give you an example of how to count and use numbers in which Joseph Smith did use them. John Taylor sent a letter to Governor Ford explaining how the church had become a real force in the state and was an important part of Illinois resources. The letter was endorsed by Mayor Joseph Smith:

John Taylor wrote:. . . . the most flourishing and rapidly increasing Cities in the State embracing a population of 15 thousand and one which is at least adding as much to the strength and resources of the State as any other.

Letter, John Taylor and Others to Thomas Ford, 6 June 1843

At last, the population of Nauvoo had exceeded 15,000 people. The extra one is one more than 15,000 people but is the sum of the entire number = 15,001. Thus, the entire population was given as 15,001, period.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

The Interpreter has published a paper a day for like 10 years now, so they are defacto correct here.

I'll let the midge take it from here and bring on the ad hominems to clean this little mess up.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

drumdude wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:29 pm
The Interpreter has published a paper a day for like 10 years now, so they are defacto correct here.

I'll let the midge take it from here and bring on the ad hominems to clean this little mess up.

They are not correct if they are unable to count to TEN:

1 dead body
2 dead body
3 dead body
4 dead body
5 dead body
6 dead body
7 dead body
8 dead body
9 dead body
10 dead body

And then count to a thousand, and so on, until they find 5 more dead bodies.

Can they do that? Can they count the dead bodies that were slain and lying in the fields in which they lay?

It's easy, you grab the dead body by the feet and drag it over to a pile. Once you have 10 dead bodies you have a stack. Do it 10 more times and you have a hundred. Repeat 10 more times for a thousand. Then just find 5 more dead bodies, grab them by the feet and pull them along so Alma can get his count --1,005.

There. That was easy enough.
Shulem
God

I, Alma can count

Post by Shulem »

"And thus without meeting any resistance, they did slay a thousand and five of them WHICH I ALMA COUNTED MYSELF WITH MY OWN HANDS AS I PULLED THE DEAD BODIES INTO PILES THAT I MIGHT COUNT THEM AND BURY THEM IN THE NAME OF THE LORD; and we know that they are blessed, for they have gone to dwell with their God but cursed be modern Mormons and their Interpreting fools that think they know better than me."
Shulem
God

No, it doesn't count!

Post by Shulem »

Mosiah 9:19 wrote:And I, myself, with mine own hands, did help to bury their dead. And behold, to our great sorrow and lamentation, two hundred and seventy-nine of our brethren were slain.

No, no, and no! The Interpreter is not going to accept this as a correct count. What gives you the right to think you can count to 279, let alone a hundred? You are spreading disinformation and reporting bad statistics. Go back into your Book of Mormon and get the number right. We just can't accept 279 here on the Discuss Mormonism board. Your number is just wrong.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Alright, listen up, Discuss Mormonism and all ye people aboard this happy Mormon apostate ship of doom:

:lol:

Joseph Smith dictated what he dictated to Oliver Cowdery on that fateful day wherein 1,005 so-called Lamanites were butchered or pierced with swords through their vitals and hacked to death in open sight while they bowed down and prostrated themselves in a suicidal crouched position.

:evil:

YOU figure out what Smith was up to if you think you can. Good luck. Look into your crystal balls or astral travel through time and dimension if you will, see what you can see. Then come back and report. Tell us exactly what happened and provide details.

The silence in this place is deafening.

Shulem
Shulem
God

By the numbers

Post by Shulem »

I think everyone can agree that Smith was paying very close attention to the chronology of the Book of Mormon and how many years passed in keeping the dates consistent with the various stories even as they crisscrossed and bounced around within the novel. Smith was very cogent in making his timeline work as I've demonstrated up in the Celestial Forum. Smith was very much into the numbers! Lucky "7" and so forth.

Not only did he steal phrases but he stole numbers in order to prop up his own work and make a grand showing. Listen, a man who steals phrases will steal numbers too -- and other men's wives.