Midgley continues to re-write (and degrade) gemli’s in real life personal history

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Lem
God

Midgley continues to re-write (and degrade) gemli’s in real life personal history

Post by Lem »

Every time Midgley posts about gemli, he makes stuff up, and tries to make gemli’s history look worse, at least in his eyes:
Louis Midgley TimErnst • 7 hours ago • edited

The problem with gemli is that he has exactly no real roots in any form of Christian faith. His parents were merely nominal Roman Catholics. I doubt that they owned a Bible and that gemli witnessed them praying. gemli seems to have exactly no foundation in the Bible. His only encounter with Roman Catholic faith was a very brief experience with some teaching Nuns when the one now hiding his identity as gemli was very young, which he soon shed. And gemli has subsequently made exactly no effort to understand Christian, Jewish or Muslim faith. Each of these is profoundly grounded in and involves human experiences with the divine. This means that one must pay close attention to history to begin to understand why people find meaning in those faith traditions. gemli has demonstrated a near total ignorance of and hostility towards history, which is a key element of his bizarre dogmatic atheist religion.

http://disq.us/p/2hhs3i8
:lol: After watching his gemli re-writes unfold, it’s clear Midgley has ZERO credibility in any story he tells. These re-writes of gemli’s history are pretty amusing, though. Maybe that’s his goal, truth be damned.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Re: Midgley continues to re-write (and degrade) gemli’s in real life personal history

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Wow! Midgley knows all about Gemli’s parents too?

Louis Midgley. Priesthood holder. BYU Professor. Nostradumbass.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Sledge
Area Authority

Re: Midgley continues to re-write (and degrade) gemli’s in real life personal history

Post by Sledge »

gemli posted one time that he had a Catholic upbringing. But Professor Midgley is extrapolating a lot here.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:35 pm
Nostradumbass.

If you look at Nostradumbass’ Disqus account, 9 out of his 10 most recent posts are gemli-attacks. He’ll often go on gemli-sprees posting five, six, or even seven gemli-obssessed posts waxing fanciful about every aspect of gemli’s life. You know you’re doing the right thing when Louis C. Midgley, a.k.a. ‘thatlittle crap’, complains about you.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

I would be willing to wager that head to head, gemli has a better command of the teachings of Christianity than Midgley does.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Dr Moore wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:53 am
I would be willing to wager that head to head, gemli has a better command of the teachings of Christianity than Midgley does.
Midgley's immature desperation to continually attempt to discredit Gimli without ever getting into substance of Gemli information gives Midgley's deep black sticky fear that Gemli is right completely away. Thomas Riskas discusses this in detail, and man does Midgley fit the bill absolutely perfectly as Riskas describes it in such fascinating detail. The name calling, the deflection, the attempts at intimidation, the actual fear which comes out of Midgley who is attempting (cheaply and ineffectively) to hide that fear through mockery and sarcasm... Riskas is far more credible now to me than he ever was. Midgley would be my perfect prime example of why Riskas view is accurate.

Midgley is seriously terrified and mentally disturbed at how science dismantles Joseph Smith and Mormonism.
Sledge
Area Authority

Post by Sledge »

LOL, Thomas Riskas? I don’t know them, but “Deconstructing Mormonism” is a crap show.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Sledge wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:43 am
LOL, Thomas Riskas? I don’t know them, but “Deconstructing Mormonism” is a crap show.
Lol.... oh I am just sure you have read it and grasp it. Please do tell me all about it.
Sledge
Area Authority

Post by Sledge »

Philo Sofee wrote: Lol.... oh I am just sure you have read it and grasp it. Please do tell me all about it.
Looks like your own comrade took him to task and they came out looking like a deer in headlights.

https://www.exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?5,897642

And Bro. Christensen deals the final blow, Mortal Kombat style

https://journal.interpreterfoundation.o ... Mormonism/
Last edited by Sledge on Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bought Yahoo
High Councilman

Post by Bought Yahoo »

To heck with invoking Margaret Barker once again.