Midgley continues to re-write (and degrade) gemli’s in real life personal history

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Sledge
Area Authority

Re: Midgley continues to re-write (and degrade) gemli’s in real life personal history

Post by Sledge »

Philo Sofee wrote:
MG
I don't see why anyone would waste their time with that logorrheic discharge.
Thank you for confirming my suspicion. Anything you say is harmless on this.
I'm not attempting to be harmful, just truthful. Riskas' book has been decimated by smarter people than me and definitely smarter people than him
Moksha
God

Re: Midgley continues to re-write (and degrade) gemli’s in real life personal history

Post by Moksha »

Did Midgley have a chance to insult Riskas?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Rivendale
God

Post by Rivendale »

Sledge wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:05 pm
Philo Sofee wrote: Christiansen is an epic fail. He didn't touch Riskas, he was upset Riskas didn't write the book Christensen wished he had, and then critiqued a red herring/strawman all the way. That was no review of Riskas, that was avoiding Riskas almost entirely.
Even you have to admit what you've said above isn't true!
I take it I am correct then that you have utterly failed to actually read Riskas.
I don't see why anyone would waste their time with that logorrheic discharge.
And su MrStakhanovite took Riskas to task on Nielsen, but he sure didn't refute Riskas on how badly Riskas dismantled Mormonism now did he? Not a bit of it.
And Riskas got all bent out of shape when someone dared to question him (and he couldn't answer the questions). What does that tell you about the rest of the book? Do you think it's serious scholarship?
Riskas decimated Mormon apologetics. That's the bottom line.
And yet, here it stands, as healthy as ever. Moral of the story: no, he didn't.
You are a carbon copy of Dan Peterson. You criticize for not reading the source and then move along in a victory dance. I have read that book. It gives insight into one person's journey.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Moksha wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:31 am
I’m sure it’d go some thing like:

Louis Midgley > Riskas

Riskas: "...makes credible sense" to whom? To ignorant, opinionated Riskas. We must keep in mind that this is the same dogmatic Riskas who, when I asked him if actually read something by Nibley or Gee, since hence boasted that he had once been a Latter-day Saint, and knew exactly how wonderful our faith is. Riskas admitted that he had never read of either author. All Riskas knows about the faith of the Saints, which is essentially nothing, is what Riskas does not now remember from those teaching seminary students back in high school yet.

Riskas is a certifiable fake and fraud. Riskas demonstrates that this is the case every time he opines.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Moksha wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:31 am
Brilliant idea. Gemli should agree to read a book of Midgley's choice if Midgley agrees to read Riskas's book cover to cover.
Sledge
Area Authority

Post by Sledge »

Gadianton wrote:
Brilliant idea. Gemli should agree to read a book of Midgley's choice if Midgley agrees to read Riskas's book cover to cover.
It’s unreadable. It’s terribly written.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Recall Gemli's observation about the book of Ether. It sounds like they're even.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Sledge wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:17 am
Gadianton wrote:
It’s unreadable. It’s terribly written.
Like you damned read, MG.

You wanna know what the problems with Mormonism are, MG? The real problems?

1) Mormonism is intentionally a low intelligence religion.

2) It’s unintentionally gauche.

3) It’s a facsimile of the religious history it plagiarizes poorly, and then desecrates (Anubis is a slave? Fuuuuuuuuuuck you.).

Mormonism is the Uncanny Valley of religions. It’s intentional, because its ‘aesthetic’ is that of a corporation at its core. Mormon leadership, since its inception, worships the dollar, and have defiled Christianity with a grotesque defilement of Jesus’ ministry and example, and replaced it with cheap chapels, carpeted wainscoting, and try-hard temples that look as if they were designed by a sister from Panguitch, UT - all of it to maximize these revenue centers to be as dull as damned possible while extracting as much money and labor from the flock as possible. Their corporate-speak any given Sunday is as dull and dim as their members are. Who else could dedicate a life to endless pablum taught to children and adults alike? Members revel in their emotional and intellectual mediocrity as if they’re brilliant spiritualists and philosophers - what a foolish people they are.

And here you are. Talking crap about Riskas.

This is like a man cursed with a micropenis complaining about Ron Jeremy’s manhood as if the latter is as poorly endowed as the former. It makes no sense, and is so risible that the only thing left isn’t to dissuade the deluded soul, but to simply enjoy the spectacle.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Sledge
Area Authority

Post by Sledge »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Like you stupid read, MG.
What?
You wanna know what the problems with Mormonism are, MG? The real problems?
What is an "MG" is that some kind of insult?

But please continue, this is the first I've ever heard of the "real problems" of Mormonism. You must be the only one who knows these "real problems."
1) Mormonism is intentionally a low intelligence religion.
The above has absolutely no coherent meaning. Mormonism's promotion of and funding for education is unprecedented, likewise some of the most intelligent people in the world have been and are Mormons. But of course, like Christ, we welcome people of all levels of intelligence. Intelligence, after all, holds a very significant spiritual place in Mormon cosmology. You might say it is the highest intelligence religion that ever existed.
2) It’s unintentionally gauche.
Not unintentionally. We are a peculiar people.
3) It’s a facsimile of the religious history it plagiarizes poorly, and then desecrates (Anubis is a slave? Fuuuuuuuuuuck you.).
Wait, what? What does this even mean? Are you suggesting that Mormonism is a Book of Abraham facsimile?
Mormonism is the Uncanny Valley of religions.
I don't think that means what you think it means. Do you know what it means?
It’s intentional, because its ‘aesthetic’ is that of a corporation at its core. Mormon leadership, since its inception, worships the dollar, and have defiled Christianity with a grotesque defilement of Jesus’ ministry and example, and replaced it with cheap chapels, carpeted wainscoting, and try-hard temples that look as if they were designed by a sister from Panguitch, UT - all of it to maximize these revenue centers to be as dull as stupid possible while extracting as much money and labor from the flock as possible. Their corporate-speak any given Sunday is as dull and dim as their members are. Who else could dedicate a life to endless pablum taught to children and adults alike? Members revel in their emotional and intellectual mediocrity as if they’re brilliant spiritualists and philosophers - what a foolish people they are.
Of course you have no basis for any of this. Have you ever been Mormon? Let's take these insane points one at a time:
Mormon leadership, since its inception, worships the dollar, and have defiled Christianity with a grotesque defilement of Jesus’ ministry and example, and replaced it with cheap chapels, carpeted wainscoting, and try-hard temples that look as if they were designed by a sister from Panguitch, UT - all of it to maximize these revenue centers to be as dull as stupid possible while extracting as much money and labor from the flock as possible.
I spent some time trying to parse this sentence--yes one single run-on sentence--that is a mishmash of varying ideas. I'll have to break it up by idea:
Mormon leadership, since its inception, worships the dollar
It seems like you've never been Mormon, so let me explain it to you: we have a lay leadership who don't get paid, with the exception of the general authorities and other officers. They don't "worship the dollar." Do you have any real reason to believe they do aside from your opinion (which is based, clearly, on having never been Mormon)?
have defiled Christianity with a grotesque defilement of Jesus’ ministry and example, and replaced it with cheap chapels, carpeted wainscoting, and try-hard temples that look as if they were designed by a sister from Panguitch, UT
The meetinghouses are very simple buildings and there are only a few different designs. They server their purpose well and are inexpensive. This saves money, which goes against your "worshipping the dollar" charge. Also, it's not wainscoting; that's made of wood.
And here you are. Talking crap about Riskas.
Yeah, his book is terrible.
This is like a man cursed with a micropenis complaining about Ron Jeremy’s manhood as if the latter is as poorly endowed as the former. It makes no sense, and is so risible that the only thing left isn’t to dissuade the deluded soul, but to simply enjoy the spectacle.

- Doc
In this whole outburst you have shown that you clearly have no idea what it means to be Mormon.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Sledge wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:18 am
....you clearly have no idea what it means to be Mormon.
you said that to doc Cam? :lol: that's the funniest thing I've read all day.