Recent Threadjacks

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Re: Recent Threadjacks

Post by Dr. Shades »

IHAQ wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:42 am
Are you saying the moderators will only respond to off topic notifications providing the notifier hasn't responded to the off topic posts being reported?
No, I’m saying that the more difficult the reporter makes it to split the thread, the less motivation I’ll have to actually do it.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
IHAQ
God

Post by IHAQ »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:42 am
IHAQ wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:42 am
Are you saying the moderators will only respond to off topic notifications providing the notifier hasn't responded to the off topic posts being reported?
No, I’m saying that the more difficult the reporter makes it to split the thread, the less motivation I’ll have to actually do it.
Can you suggest a way forwards to make things better? Because at the moment it's far too easy for someone (I'm looking at Sledge) to take a good thread off topic.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Sledge wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:14 pm
What is going on in that clip?
:: looks back at thread title ::

: )
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

canpakes wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:27 pm
Sledge wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:14 pm
What is going on in that clip?
:: looks back at thread title ::

: )
You're right - some side discussions are not only appropriate, but almost mandatory.

In other news, it may be observed, in a general way, that I'm not too bright - I'd claim 'sometimes' as a qualifier, but YMMV :D
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

IHAQ wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:05 am
Can you suggest a way forwards to make things better? Because at the moment it's far too easy for someone (I'm looking at Sledge) to take a good thread off topic.
Yes. When someone makes a hostile derailment, nobody respond to it.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
IHAQ
God

Post by IHAQ »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:23 am
IHAQ wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:05 am
Yes. When someone makes a hostile derailment, nobody respond to it.
I think that's a cop out. You know as well as I do that some people will always respond regardless of the OP's or the boards wishes. How about saying when someone makes a derailment (not sure why the word hostile needs to be inserted), if the OP doesn't respond to it you will action the removal of the reported derail? Or just be honest and take away the facilitate to report derails because you're simply going to ignore them.