CKSALMON IS GOING TO HELL: Observation thread

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
DrStakhanovite
Elder

CKSALMON IS GOING TO HELL: Observation thread

Post by DrStakhanovite »

Over at MD&D, old-school poster and former chatroom socialite of our previous board, cksalmon has announced his departure from historical Christianity to join the teeming mass of atheists.

THREAD:
cksalmon wrote: Long-time board participants may remember me as a (mostly) level-headed Evangelical Christian of the Calvinist variety who started studying Mormonism (as a cult) while at a (Southern Baptist) seminary. This farewell post is mostly for them. Others are free to move on to something more interesting.

Farewell, you say?

Yes, I think so. I mean, I haven't posted in many, many moons. And since that time, I've left my faith-based worldview behind. I no longer consider myself a Christian in any sense of that word (or even a theist, for that matter), so there's really just no reason for me to "correct" or convert you fine Mormon folks and/or stand up against Mormon attacks on my cherished theological beliefs with the most righteous indignation allowable by law.

I think that's a win-win scenario for all concerned. 😁

You know what's interesting, though? When I now consider Mormonism vs EV Christianity vs RCC, etc., purely in terms of manmade mythologies, I actually think Mormonism is the better story (in general, that is; there are parts I don't like at all, too). It very nearly pained me to write that given the emotional muscle memory associated with this discussion board. Ha.

AMA if there's any interest. Otherwise, to my Internet friends here (if any are still hanging about), happy trails!
Robert F. Smith's hot takes are as entertaining as always.

Welcome to the club Celestial Kingdom, time to don your uniform! Image
Lem
God

Re: CKSALMON IS GOING TO HELL: Observation thread

Post by Lem »

Our friend Runtu had an exquisite response to one poster:
Jkwilliams
Calumniater-in-Chief and Would-Be Destroyer of Faith
Ishmael wrote: When you disagreed with the teachings of our Lord through his prophets you were wrong in your views because you should not have disagreed with our Lord then just as you should not disagree with him now. So not much of an overall change, I think.

When you are ready to believe in our Lord and his teachings then he will be ready for you to follow him and his teachings. Until then you will be going on in whatever way you believe is right even if it is not the way our Lord would like you to go.

I hope you will find the right way to go, and the sooner the better.
Oh, do shut up.
:lol:
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Has he said anything about KA, Stak?
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

I enjoy reading any thread that has Runtu on it. CKSalmon has been around for quite some time.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

CKSalmon, if by chance you look this way. Hi , I remember about as you self described. I cannot help but wish you make some public reflection. I cannot help but have a variety of curiosities. If you do not wish such communication,ok . I wish you well.