Joseph used a hat to translate because his eyes were tired...

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
huckelberry
God

Re: Joseph used a hat to translate because his eyes were tired...

Post by huckelberry »

Physics Guy wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:15 pm
I thought the CES Letter presented itself quite openly and explicitly as being exactly regurgitated propaganda. Runnells had run into these items of anti-Mormon propaganda, had recognised them as old arguments, and therefore expected to be able to get good, clear answers to them from the CES.
Yes exactly. Demanding some new discoveries and innovative research is simply changing the subject. I understood the letter to be a collection of well worn points of question.

Of course some sorts of replies have been made to these standard well worn questions. Above somewhere was a link to so replies to the ces letter. There was a proposal that marrying Helen at, almost 15 was fine and dandy because there was no proof they had sex. I do not understand how a person could be so sex obsessed to think that if sex was postponed that made the matter fine. ugly treatment.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Moksha wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:59 am
huckelberry wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:22 pm
I do not know how much of the rock was actually a useful storytelling tool and how much was just theater connecting the story to the reported plates from a reported ancient people. I am observing that the hat was effective storytelling, one I can enjoy as a story. At the same time, it is theatrical enough that it can suggest to skeptical minds the possibility that the whole plates and ancient story is theater.
Here is the perfect soundtrack to accompany the use of the Hat and the Stone (see at 2:15)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VErKCq1IGIU
MY my that music and cartoon was an import piece of my early childhood. I wonder if that is part of why I find the rock in a hat an amusing story.
Reflexzero
Nursery

Post by Reflexzero »

I guess those great big picture windows they had in those frontier houses must have really been a sight to see. Advanced oil lamps and candles must have been blinding.