Which is the Better Film: "September Dawn" or "Witnesses"?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Dr Exiled
God

Re: Which is the Better Film: "September Dawn" or "Witnesses"?

Post by Dr Exiled »

I liked Apolcolypto and have seen it a few times. I don't see necessarily the Mormon themes other than Mormons believe what they believe about the native americans and it was about native americans prior to the "civilized" spanish landing and correcting "error." Looks more along the lines of the racists mound builder myth where the savages need some white influence to properly teach these people how to give their souls to Jesus. Maybe I need to put on my Brant Gardner hat to see the Book of Mormon in the history? Anyway, I recommend the movie.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:05 am
Clearly, there is a "Mormon Cinema."
Sometimes Mormons have bypassed the normal LDS genre and excelled in a very unexpected manner. Who would have guessed the brilliance of Dr. Louis Midgley playing the role of King Ghidorah in the movie Godzilla: King of the Monsters? Yet this should not be unexpected, because Louis Midgley already possessed all the qualities of King Ghidorah.

Hope that helps.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... imony.html
Dan Peterson wrote: (Please note that I'm not posting about politics. I don't do politics here any more. I've heard that the country recently changed presidents, but I can't confirm it. I have no political opinions.)
Hmm. This is surely meant to appease some extreme right-wing supporter; certainly not moderate or liberal allies.

Please note that I'm not posting about politics. I don't do politics here any more.
Sure he does. Disclaimers like this serve no purpose than political angling.

I've heard that the country recently changed presidents, but I can't confirm it.
A disgusting appeal to fake news Trump supporters, the likes of which have raped our democratic process and turned America into a global laughing stock. Why give such notions even so much as a graceful nod? Dan, have some backbone. Say nothing about the presidential election, fine. But don't give such an idiotic belief a platform, even in sarcasm. Because Dan, you know that to whomever your ultra right wing supporter(s) are, they don't take this in sarcasm. You're just adding to the problem. Again, have some backbone -- like speak about the presidential transfer of power in the affirmative -- or actually do make good on the commitment to just say nothing.

Also, "I can't confirm it" is a baldface lie if aimed at appeasing the Trumpers, and just lame sarcasm to everyone else. The truth is you, Dan, can absolutely confirm the transfer of power. Incredibly poor taste. Shame.

I have no political opinions.
Another lie.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Dr Moore wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:58 pm
https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... imony.html
Dan Peterson wrote: (Please note that I'm not posting about politics. I don't do politics here any more. I've heard that the country recently changed presidents, but I can't confirm it. I have no political opinions.)
Hmm. This is surely meant to appease some extreme right-wing supporter; certainly not moderate or liberal allies.

Please note that I'm not posting about politics. I don't do politics here any more.
Sure he does. Disclaimers like this serve no purpose than political angling.

I've heard that the country recently changed presidents, but I can't confirm it.
A disgusting appeal to fake news Trump supporters, the likes of which have raped our democratic process and turned America into a global laughing stock. Why give such notions even so much as a graceful nod? Dan, have some backbone. Say nothing about the presidential election, fine. But don't give such an idiotic belief a platform, even in sarcasm. Because Dan, you know that to whomever your ultra right wing supporter(s) are, they don't take this in sarcasm. You're just adding to the problem. Again, have some backbone -- like speak about the presidential transfer of power in the affirmative -- or actually do make good on the commitment to just say nothing.

Also, "I can't confirm it" is a baldface lie if aimed at appeasing the Trumpers, and just lame sarcasm to everyone else. The truth is you, Dan, can absolutely confirm the transfer of power. Incredibly poor taste. Shame.

I have no political opinions.
Another lie.
Peterson demonstrates how he is owned by political contributors to his blog, whom he MUST appease or they pull funds, showing that is what Peterson is all about. It is the same with all his religious writings. He is owned by someone else there too, and so he cannot but write what they want him to, and use what evidence they want him to, and arrive at conclusions only they will approve. Peterson is a slave to the money owners both politically and religiously. So is Midgley. It's why they have no influence or power in either the political or religious sense. Deep down, it must really grate them that they can never be genuinely who they actually are, but must be phony for the masses, and untrue to their own selves. It's all good though, once they are "added upon" after they die, things should go more smoothly for them in the eternities.