David Archuleta Comes Out As Gay.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

David Archuleta Comes Out As Gay.

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

I’m not sure this is really news except it will be interesting to see what the Church does with his Tabernacle Choir Christmas shows. KBYU plays the Archuleta/Tabernacle Choir collaborations on heavy rotation around Christmas.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/12/entertai ... index.html
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: David Archuleta Comes Out As Gay.

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Here’s his statement: (I added paragraph breaks for readability)
I like to keep to myself but also thought this was important to share because I know so many other people from religious upbringings feel the same way.

I’ve been open to myself and my close family for some years now that I am not sure about my own sexuality. I came out in 2014 as gay to my family. But then I had similar feelings for both genders so maybe a spectrum of bisexual. Then I also have learned I don’t have too much sexual desires and urges as most people 💀which works I guess because I have a commitment to save myself until marriage 🤣. Which people call asexual when they don’t experience sexual urges. There are people experiencing the same feelings of being LGBTQIA+, (i know that’s a lot of letters that a lot of people don’t understand, but there are a lot of unique experiences people feel and live that make them feel isolated and alone that are represented) who are wrestling to follow their beliefs that are so important to them, just as I have.

Idk what to make of it and I don’t have all the answers. I just invite you to please consider making room to be more understanding and compassionate to those who are LGBTQIA+, and those who are a part of that community and trying to find that balance with their faith which also is a huge part of their identity like myself. I think we can do better as people of faith and Christians, including Latter-day Saints, to listen more to the wrestle between being LGBTQIA+ and a person of faith. There are more than you may realize going through that wrestle after all the misunderstandings that come with it. I don’t think it should come down to feeling you have to accept one or the other. For me to find peace the reality has been to accept both are real things I experience and make who I am. I’ve yet to figure out what that means but I appreciate you listening to this personal matter.

Again I don’t feel comfortable sharing it, but felt I needed to to bring more awareness to people in my same situation and let you know you’re not alone. You can be part of the LGBTQIA+ community and still believe in God and His gospel plan... (continued in comments)
It’ll be interesting to see how the Church adapts to the issues of sexuality and gender identity over the next 10-20 years.

- Doc
Last edited by Doctor CamNC4Me on Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Never forget how hard the church fought for prop 8 in 2008.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Is this for real?

Don't BS me.

Really?

:o
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

drumdude wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:10 am
Never forget how hard the church fought for prop 8 in 2008.

The Church has a long history of persecuting gays. It's terrible. Here is a thread up in the CELESTIAL FORUM that will provide details and official Church statements about homosexual behavior.

Official Homosexuality Thread for the Celestial Forum
pistolero
Deacon

Post by pistolero »

What I really like about his statement is that he actually gives you a bit of his journey. He comes out as gay to his family 7 years ago. Then he's identifying bisexual feelings and then recognises that he might be asexual. So maybe the title of this post is a little imprecise.

I've met David a few times, and what I really felt was how genuine and likeable he was. The word meek comes to mind. I wonder if this type of persona will have much better reach and connect when it comes to the LDS community understanding LGBTQIA+.

Mega respect to David, Glorious.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Over at the ldsfreedomforum, the responses are just about what we would expect. It’s a good reminder how much Mormons hate the LGTBQ community. https://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtop ... =1&t=61191
Homosexuality is down to demonic possession.
This clown is just another example of a flawed program isolating itself. He is a narcissistic drama queen of nebulous worth looking for attention and validation. So he can sing, who cares, perhaps he should become a castrato. He says he is sexually attracted to men, but oh wait, sometimes women. Not sure, maybe next week it will be a pizza.
Personally I never liked him much.
His concerts are very dark as he talks about his struggles with depression and self loathing…. And then this… The kid is lost…. Just like the rest of the world and the vast majority of the church.
Homosexual is the term to use.
Why support perverts stealing/ abducting a beautiful word, the meaning of which is light hearted and happy.
Iwas given the experience for one week of SSA, to know it is caused by demons, which could include generational curses etc, and also to see how it truly seems like who you are, your feelings, but you have to stay close to the Spirit and be obedient. These are NOT your feelings, it is pure deception.
This all seems like a big ploy to have people feel sorry for him and buy his records. Is his popularity dwindling? 🤷🏻‍♀️
Never met an artsy-farsty, sing-song type that wasn't a closet homosexual. Almost all of these singers are closet homosexuals. Not surprised at all. These kind of activities are part and parcel of these low-testosterone "men." Show me a real man who spends his time singing and dancing.
I knew he was a little off but for some reason it still surprised me.
Why is talking about your “sexual urges” (his words) online normal??????? Send a comet!
If we all just picked a day where we all agree that we are going to stop complying with their BS, listening to their media and conforming with their lunacy, what would they do? Not just the LBGTQ stuff, all of their lunacy.

I don't believe that we are a minority. They only have power because we give it to them.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

Those comments are horrible. Bravo to David for sharing any of this information with the public. I take it as a signal he believes his platform can help accomplish more net good in the world vs keeping quiet.
Mixman76
Nursery

Post by Mixman76 »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:34 pm
Over at the ldsfreedomforum, the responses are just about what we would expect. It’s a good reminder how much Mormons hate the LGTBQ community. https://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtop ... =1&t=61191
Homosexuality is down to demonic possession.
This clown is just another example of a flawed program isolating itself. He is a narcissistic drama queen of nebulous worth looking for attention and validation. So he can sing, who cares, perhaps he should become a castrato. He says he is sexually attracted to men, but oh wait, sometimes women. Not sure, maybe next week it will be a pizza.
Personally I never liked him much.
His concerts are very dark as he talks about his struggles with depression and self loathing…. And then this… The kid is lost…. Just like the rest of the world and the vast majority of the church.
Homosexual is the term to use.
Why support perverts stealing/ abducting a beautiful word, the meaning of which is light hearted and happy.
Iwas given the experience for one week of SSA, to know it is caused by demons, which could include generational curses etc, and also to see how it truly seems like who you are, your feelings, but you have to stay close to the Spirit and be obedient. These are NOT your feelings, it is pure deception.
This all seems like a big ploy to have people feel sorry for him and buy his records. Is his popularity dwindling? 🤷🏻‍♀️
Never met an artsy-farsty, sing-song type that wasn't a closet homosexual. Almost all of these singers are closet homosexuals. Not surprised at all. These kind of activities are part and parcel of these low-testosterone "men." Show me a real man who spends his time singing and dancing.
I knew he was a little off but for some reason it still surprised me.
Why is talking about your “sexual urges” (his words) online normal??????? Send a comet!
If we all just picked a day where we all agree that we are going to stop complying with their BS, listening to their media and conforming with their lunacy, what would they do? Not just the LBGTQ stuff, all of their lunacy.

I don't believe that we are a minority. They only have power because we give it to them.
These comments are truly sickening. Yet, not surprising to me at all.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Mixman76 wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:36 am
These comments are truly sickening. Yet, not surprising to me at all.
They do sound bad, yet there are nice people to be found among Chapel Mormons.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace