David Archuleta Comes Out As Gay.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Lem
God

Re: David Archuleta Comes Out As Gay.

Post by Lem »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:34 pm
Over at the ldsfreedomforum, the responses are just about what we would expect. It’s a good reminder how much Mormons hate the LGTBQ community. https://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtop ... =1&t=61191
Homosexuality is down to demonic possession.
This clown is just another example of a flawed program isolating itself. He is a narcissistic drama queen of nebulous worth looking for attention and validation. So he can sing, who cares, perhaps he should become a castrato. He says he is sexually attracted to men, but oh wait, sometimes women. Not sure, maybe next week it will be a pizza.
Personally I never liked him much.
His concerts are very dark as he talks about his struggles with depression and self loathing…. And then this… The kid is lost…. Just like the rest of the world and the vast majority of the church.
Homosexual is the term to use.
Why support perverts stealing/ abducting a beautiful word, the meaning of which is light hearted and happy.
Iwas given the experience for one week of SSA, to know it is caused by demons, which could include generational curses etc, and also to see how it truly seems like who you are, your feelings, but you have to stay close to the Spirit and be obedient. These are NOT your feelings, it is pure deception.
This all seems like a big ploy to have people feel sorry for him and buy his records. Is his popularity dwindling? 🤷🏻‍♀️
Never met an artsy-farsty, sing-song type that wasn't a closet homosexual. Almost all of these singers are closet homosexuals. Not surprised at all. These kind of activities are part and parcel of these low-testosterone "men." Show me a real man who spends his time singing and dancing.
I knew he was a little off but for some reason it still surprised me.
Why is talking about your “sexual urges” (his words) online normal??????? Send a comet!
If we all just picked a day where we all agree that we are going to stop complying with their BS, listening to their media and conforming with their lunacy, what would they do? Not just the LBGTQ stuff, all of their lunacy.

I don't believe that we are a minority. They only have power because we give it to them.
Wow. Those are terrible.
Physics Guy
God

Post by Physics Guy »

https://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtop ... =1&t=61191
I was given the experience for one week of SSA, to know it is caused by demons, which could include generational curses etc, and also to see how it truly seems like who you are, your feelings, but you have to stay close to the Spirit and be obedient. These are NOT your feelings, it is pure deception.
Aw, man. :cry:
I was a teenager before it was cool.
The Stig
Valiant B

Post by The Stig »

The LDS Freedom Forum is there to remind us that humanity's progress toward collective enlightenment and the abandonment of bigotry is a slow process. A VERY slow process. The place is a cesspool of racism, homophobia, and conspiracy theories run amok.
Equality
CTR B

Post by Equality »

Over at the ldsfreedomforum, the responses are just about what we would expect. It’s a good reminder how much Mormons hate the LGTBQ community. https://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtop ... =1&t=61191
Homosexuality is down to demonic possession.
This clown is just another example of a flawed program isolating itself. He is a narcissistic drama queen of nebulous worth looking for attention and validation. So he can sing, who cares, perhaps he should become a castrato. He says he is sexually attracted to men, but oh wait, sometimes women. Not sure, maybe next week it will be a pizza.
Personally I never liked him much.
His concerts are very dark as he talks about his struggles with depression and self loathing…. And then this… The kid is lost…. Just like the rest of the world and the vast majority of the church.
Homosexual is the term to use.
Why support perverts stealing/ abducting a beautiful word, the meaning of which is light hearted and happy.
Iwas given the experience for one week of SSA, to know it is caused by demons, which could include generational curses etc, and also to see how it truly seems like who you are, your feelings, but you have to stay close to the Spirit and be obedient. These are NOT your feelings, it is pure deception.
This all seems like a big ploy to have people feel sorry for him and buy his records. Is his popularity dwindling? 🤷🏻‍♀️
Never met an artsy-farsty, sing-song type that wasn't a closet homosexual. Almost all of these singers are closet homosexuals. Not surprised at all. These kind of activities are part and parcel of these low-testosterone "men." Show me a real man who spends his time singing and dancing.
I knew he was a little off but for some reason it still surprised me.
Why is talking about your “sexual urges” (his words) online normal??????? Send a comet!
If we all just picked a day where we all agree that we are going to stop complying with their BS, listening to their media and conforming with their lunacy, what would they do? Not just the LBGTQ stuff, all of their lunacy.

I don't believe that we are a minority. They only have power because we give it to them.
That none of the above comments would prevent the person making them from carrying a temple recommend or serving in a position of trust and leadership in the LDS church is even more sickening than the comments themselves. Yes, there are many fine Mormons who don't share these beliefs, but the folks expressing these beliefs have never been chastised by their church for them, at least not in any meaningful way.

If they were to make similar comments concerning any of the Brethren, however, they'd have a Court o' Love called on their ass faster than you could say "I know this crush ain't going away."
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Dr Moore wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:40 pm
Those comments are horrible. Bravo to David for sharing any of this information with the public. I take it as a signal he believes his platform can help accomplish more net good in the world vs keeping quiet.
As long as that world doesn't include the hate filled fringe cult Mormonism, it'll be just fine...
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Equality wrote:That none of the above comments would prevent the person making them from carrying a temple recommend or serving in a position of trust and leadership in the LDS church is even more sickening than the comments themselves.
It's a good point. I think these views are not only allowable, but endorsed. Probably not endorsed to put certain ways publicly, but the leaders will still take that over the alternative.

I think a supporting role to these views comes from places like Sic et Non. Check out the latest:

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... qus_thread

"no comparison between Latter-Day Saint race and sex teachings".

Both Lou Midgley and Kiwi57 are triumphant over their leaders endorsement. Dan is quoting from a fellow LDS pseudoscience blog:

https://publicsquaremag.org/faith/two-u ... -doctrine/

It says "the views of the author are his own" but I can't see the name of the author on the page.