Challenge to Ajax and Subgenius

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
dantana
2nd Counselor
Location: Joined 7/18/11, so, apparently, position of senior ranking member.

Re: Challenge to Ajax and Subgenius

Post by dantana »

I can't for the life of me figure out why so many have been blinded by this unextraordinary mutt.

Maybe it has something to do with the trope of - the narcissistic, sociopathic mastermind. The super smart, super evil James Bond type anti-hero, or the Ted Bundy type serial killer. Only in this case, the sociopath is also an idiot. And so that confuses the gullible. Or rather, the ones not able to think beyond tropes.
Nobody gets to be a cowboy forever. - Lee Marvin/Monte Walsh
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

There are a looooooot of dummies in this world, dantana. I wish there were a fix, but alas...

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
subgenius
Stake President

Post by subgenius »

dantana wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:03 pm
I can't for the life of me figure out why so many have been blinded by this unextraordinary mutt.

Maybe it has something to do with the trope of - the narcissistic, sociopathic mastermind. The super smart, super evil James Bond type anti-hero, or the Ted Bundy type serial killer. Only in this case, the sociopath is also an idiot. And so that confuses the gullible. Or rather, the ones not able to think beyond tropes.
I think it is because someone like Trump speaks to a certain truth experienced by many Americans. In the broadest sense, a truth about how big government is abusive and mostly unnecessarily corrupt and wasteful. Speaking about giving the power back to the people is appealing, especially when "the other side" is exclaiming how they want to take power from the people. Another point is how there is a truth in the fact that "the other side" denigrates and insults their sense of self on almost all fronts and usually in a blatantly hypocritical manner seasoned with just enough arrogance to make it repulsive to almost every common sense.
Take your post here for example. You literally insult +75 million voters and you honestly can't figure out why they do not like you.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
subgenius
Stake President

Post by subgenius »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:19 pm
There are a looooooot of dummies in this world, dantana. I wish there were a fix, but alas...

- Doc
how you have managed to survive is amazing.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
dantana
2nd Counselor
Location: Joined 7/18/11, so, apparently, position of senior ranking member.

Post by dantana »

subgenius wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:30 pm
dantana wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:03 pm

I think it is because someone like Trump speaks to a certain truth experienced by many Americans. In the broadest sense, a truth about how big government is abusive and mostly unnecessarily corrupt and wasteful. Speaking about giving the power back to the people is appealing, especially when "the other side" is exclaiming how they want to take power from the people. Another point is how there is a truth in the fact that "the other side" denigrates and insults their sense of self on almost all fronts and usually in a blatantly hypocritical manner seasoned with just enough arrogance to make it repulsive to almost every common sense.
Take your post here for example. You literally insult +75 million voters and you honestly can't figure out why they do not like you.
Yeah well, I have in the past defended some of the rightsiders over here. I guess maybe recent events have radicalized me. I'm much nicer on Facebook. Some dogs need hit harder than others. ;)
Nobody gets to be a cowboy forever. - Lee Marvin/Monte Walsh
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

subgenius wrote:
Another point is how there is a truth in the fact that "the other side" denigrates and insults their sense of self on almost all fronts and usually in a blatantly hypocritical manner seasoned with just enough arrogance to make it repulsive to almost every common sense.
So these guys are really hurting now, and we should be kind and understanding to them?

Otherwise they will just melt away into puddles of tears just like, you know, one of those small flocculent masses of crystallised water that fall from the sky when it is cold ... what the heck is it those things are called?

Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
subgenius
Stake President

Post by subgenius »

Chap wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:55 pm
subgenius wrote:
Another point is how there is a truth in the fact that "the other side" denigrates and insults their sense of self on almost all fronts and usually in a blatantly hypocritical manner seasoned with just enough arrogance to make it repulsive to almost every common sense.
So these guys are really hurting now, and we should be kind and understanding to them?

Otherwise they will just melt away into puddles of tears just like, you know, one of those small flocculent masses of crystallised water that fall from the sky when it is cold ... what the heck is it those things are called?

The question was asked, I answered and you affirm it with yet another post of mockery.
Keep scratching yer head then.
subgenius
Stake President

Post by subgenius »

dantana wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:05 pm
... Some dogs ...
There ye have it, confusion dissolved.
Themis
Elder

Post by Themis »

subgenius wrote:
I think it is because someone like Trump speaks to a certain truth experienced by many Americans. In the broadest sense, a truth about how big government is abusive and mostly unnecessarily corrupt and wasteful.
How is it that these people didn't already know Trump was a sleazy businessman? You don't get rid of corruption by electing someone even more corrupt.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

ajax18 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:31 pm
But it's not a lie to say that partisan poll watchers were kicked out or pushed so far away they couldn't possibly observe what was really happening.
You couldn't be more wrong about that. Even the lawyers representing Trump wound up admitting that wasn't the case when pressed by the judges to provide actual proof of it. They tried to maintain that claim in the public media, but knew it was false and would incur a serious risk of being charged with perjury if they continued to press that claim in court.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.