To all the members of the Ka Tet

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Mercury
_Emeritus

To all the members of the Ka Tet

Post by _Mercury »

The first issue of teh Dark Tower comic is out. I havent read it yet but I just ordered it off of Amazon.

I shall return and report once I have read it.
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Re: To all the members of the Ka Tet

Post by _Dr. Shades »

VegasRefugee wrote:The first issue of teh Dark Tower comic is out.

What's its significance? Is it a comic book version of Stephen King's "Gunslinger" series or something?
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Re: To all the members of the Ka Tet

Post by _Mercury »

Dr. Shades wrote:
VegasRefugee wrote:The first issue of teh Dark Tower comic is out.

What's its significance? Is it a comic book version of Stephen King's "Gunslinger" series or something?

Yup. Done by Marvel with Stephen Kings stamp of approval. My padre said its t3h sh17.
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

If you like that sort of thing, I would recommend The Watchmen by Alan Moore. Its for mature readers, but its a masterpiece in that field.

The fellow in the front is named Rorschach (obvious reasons). When he finds out why old heros are being killed off, it leads to one of the greatest and most thought provoking ending ever written.

p.s. While digging for an image to put here, I just found out that they are turning this into a movie. The director of the soon to be released 300 is set to direct.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Gazelam wrote:If you like that sort of thing, I would recommend The Watchmen by Alan Moore. Its for mature readers, but its a masterpiece in that field.

Folks, I can't POSSIBLY agree more. The Watchmen is, far and away, the single best graphic novel I've ever come across, bar none. Even if you're not into graphic novels, you ought to read it just for the story alone.

p.s. While digging for an image to put here, I just found out that they are turning this into a movie. The director of the soon to be released 300 is set to direct.

I hope it's true this time, since there have been rumors of this becoming a movie for well over a decade now. And by the way, the director of 300 is the same one who directed Sin City.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Mephitus
_Emeritus

Post by _Mephitus »

There where multiple dirrectors of sin city. Though you are correct in a sense, the primary dirrector of sin city dirrected 300. i cannot wait for that movie. it will be pwnage unto the masses.

(sin city is one of my fave movies of all time)
One nice thing is, ze game of love is never called on account of darkness - Pepe Le Pew