Will Biden lock up more black people?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
ajax18
God

Re: Will Biden lock up more black people?

Post by ajax18 »

I want to understand what these dangerous Americans think
I'm a danger to all Marxists and those that fear the prospect of having to work for a living.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:33 pm
I'm a danger to all Marxists and those that fear the prospect of having to work for a living.
No you're not. You are unwittingly playing into the hands of anti-democratic, would be tyrants like Donald J. Trump. Other tyrannical enemies of our country and/or democracy itself, like Putin, Erdogan, Xi, Kim Jong Un, etc, are probably delighted by your irrational, white national, racist, anti-democratic and xenophobic views. The more Americans who become persuaded to your views, the weaker and more vulnerable we, as a democratic nation, will become.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Analytics
Elder

Post by Analytics »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:33 pm
In what way are you a danger to them? If you find out that somebody believes that workers should own the means of production, what will you do to him? Would you beat him up? Shoot him? What?
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Actual Marixists are a tiny percentage of the U.S. population. They show up any protest events with their flags and their newspapers and their pamphlets. My general impression is that they aren't liked very much by much of the people who consider them selves left of center. And I doubt that any of them feel any threat from ajax.

Ajax has gotten into the sloppy and misleading habit of using scary sounding words that have actual, relatively narrow meanings and used them as a substitute for "people I despise." Or, in other words, over half of his fellow Americans.

In terms danger to America, ajax and they people he is emulating pose a far greater danger than all the Marxists in the U.S.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Analytics
Elder

Post by Analytics »

That's all true, Res Ipsa. But the big irony in Ajax's last comment is that marxists define themselves as being in a class struggle with "those that fear the prospect of having to work for a living."

The open question is which of the following two people is the bigger moocher off of the work of others?
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Analytics wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:22 pm
That's all true, Res Ipsa. But the big irony in Ajax's last comment is that marxists define themselves as being in a class struggle with "those that fear the prospect of having to work for a living."

The open question is which of the following two people is the bigger moocher off of the work of others?
Good question, to which the answer is the exact opposite of what ajax thinks and would rather have us believe.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Gunnar wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:43 pm
Good question, to which the answer is the exact opposite of what ajax thinks and would rather have us believe.
This thread doesn't really represent what ajax thinks. We know this because ajax doesn't think. He avoids thinking at all costs. No, ajax is a simple parrot. A simpleton. He echoes the nonsense he's heard other people say who he imagines represents what he instinctively believes is his opinion.

If we've learned nothing else about ajax, we know for a fact he's dumb as a rock. Racism is a subcategory of stupidity.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Some Schmo wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:57 pm
This thread doesn't really represent what ajax thinks. We know this because ajax doesn't think. He avoids thinking at all costs. No, ajax is a simple parrot. A simpleton. He echoes the nonsense he's heard other people say who he imagines represents what he instinctively believes is his opinion.

If we've learned nothing else about ajax, we know for a fact he's dumb as a rock. Racism is a subcategory of stupidity.
Well, it is at least for sure that ajax never questions his convictions or his prejudices, and never even seriously considers the possibility that he might be mistaken about anything. He is living proof that it is possible to be both educated and and expert enough at something to successfully make a living from it, and still be abysmally stupid (assuming, of course, that he really is the qualified and successful optometrist he claims to be).

Or maybe it is just that he hopes or even manages to somehow profit from promoting his bigoted Ideas, like Trump himself has managed to profit from promoting bigotry and dissention, in which case he is not necessarily un-intelligent--just evil and mercenary. I don't want to believe that of him, though. I would rather hope that he is eventually redeemable and salvageable, both for his own sake and that of his family and close associates.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Analytics wrote:

[images snipped]
Excellent point. Marxists are aligned with the people who work for a living and view the capitalists as moochers. The whole thing is a good recipe for word salad: think of the scariest label you can, then use it to describe everyone you hate.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Analytics
Elder

Post by Analytics »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:43 pm
Analytics wrote:

[images snipped]
Excellent point. Marxists are aligned with the people who work for a living and view the capitalists as moochers. The whole thing is a good recipe for word salad: think of the scariest label you can, then use it to describe everyone you hate.
Your "scariest label" comment reminded me of something I read this weekend. In A Promised Land, Obama talks about wanting to provide all Americans with access to quality healthcare. Looking for a way to accomplish this that was practical and would have the least disruption on the existing system, he decided the best way was to model a national system after what Mitt Romney did in Massachusetts, which in turn was based on a plan that the Heritage Foundation had earlier proposed. A Democrat proposing a Republican solution to healthcare should have gained some bipartisan support, or at least made them want to negotiate in good faith, right?

Ha ha. The Republican response was to hire Frank Luntz to conduct a massive survey which concluded that out of 40 different phrases tested, the phrase "government takeover of healthcare" was the one Americans found scariest. Thus, up and down the Republican ranks they referred to the Affordable Care Act as "a government takeover of healthcare" rather than say anything that was descriptive or true.