COVID is getting worse

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: COVID is getting worse

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:08 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:00 pm

WHAT. :o
Yeah. Strongly worded e-mail sent to Congresscritter.

I want to yell at her. From a distance. While wearing a mask.
You're a better man than me, RI. I just wanna bitch slap her into eternity.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl, Here’s the update from my local health department:
SNOHOMISH COUNTY, Wash. – As COVID rates continue to rise, Snohomish County is seeing increased hospitalizations and stress on the health care system. During press briefings on Tuesday, the Snohomish Health District reported 44 residents being hospitalized due to COVID-19 complications, six of whom required ventilators. As of Friday morning, that number has increased to 53 residents currently hospitalized, nine needing ventilators.

The recent spike in cases suggests the beginning of a surge in demand for hospital care that may become overwhelming—and will become overwhelming unless Snohomish County residents change course immediately. Dr. Chris Spitters shared these urgent requests this week:

Holding gatherings is a threat to all. Stop it. Plain and simple, just stop.
Make a bubble of the same five-or-fewer social contacts outside of your household and stick to that. When is more ok? Not at all in the immediate future.
Reduce socializing and other non-essential activity. If it’s not for work, school or medical purposes, the safest bet is to skip it. Don’t attend gatherings. Period.
Avoid contact with people and businesses who don’t follow the guidance.
This means that—like much of 2020—holiday plans and get togethers will need to look very different from years past. The Health District has released guidance today on how to Give Thanks, Not COVID.

Indoors, masks off, and lots of talking—that’s the perfect environment for generating the clouds of airborne droplets that lead to transmission. Social gatherings with people outside the household is not only too risky for attendees but could cause unnecessary strains on the healthcare system.
Millions of Americans are being asked to give up spending the holidays with family and friends, and she throws a damned dinner party??
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:20 pm
Jersey Girl, Here’s the update from my local health department:
SNOHOMISH COUNTY, Wash. – As COVID rates continue to rise, Snohomish County is seeing increased hospitalizations and stress on the health care system. During press briefings on Tuesday, the Snohomish Health District reported 44 residents being hospitalized due to COVID-19 complications, six of whom required ventilators. As of Friday morning, that number has increased to 53 residents currently hospitalized, nine needing ventilators.

The recent spike in cases suggests the beginning of a surge in demand for hospital care that may become overwhelming—and will become overwhelming unless Snohomish County residents change course immediately. Dr. Chris Spitters shared these urgent requests this week:

Holding gatherings is a threat to all. Stop it. Plain and simple, just stop.
Make a bubble of the same five-or-fewer social contacts outside of your household and stick to that. When is more ok? Not at all in the immediate future.
Reduce socializing and other non-essential activity. If it’s not for work, school or medical purposes, the safest bet is to skip it. Don’t attend gatherings. Period.
Avoid contact with people and businesses who don’t follow the guidance.
This means that—like much of 2020—holiday plans and get togethers will need to look very different from years past. The Health District has released guidance today on how to Give Thanks, Not COVID.

Indoors, masks off, and lots of talking—that’s the perfect environment for generating the clouds of airborne droplets that lead to transmission. Social gatherings with people outside the household is not only too risky for attendees but could cause unnecessary strains on the healthcare system.
Millions of Americans are being asked to give up spending the holidays with family and friends, and she throws a damned dinner party??
My turn.
Oregon and New Mexico have issued sweeping two-week lockdowns. Colorado local public health directors have urged something similar for local counties. But in his Friday briefing, Gov. Jared Polis says Colorado can weather this latest COVID-19 surge in cases by relying on people doing what's right.

Like quarantining before Thanksgiving dinner to protect older family members.

"The more family members that make that decision to self-quarantine, the more likely it is that you're not really bringing a loaded pistol for grandma's head," he said.
And...
At the start of the week, the governor pleaded with Coloradans to cancel their plans to help curb the spread and extended the statewide mask mandate — but stopped short of any shutdown orders. Local public health officials sent a letter to Polis asking for tougher measures on the pandemic, including requiring county-by-county lockdowns where warranted.

There is no possible way that with 2 family members working that they can self quarantine for 14 days in advance of one dinner. So. I already decided last night that I am bowing out of in-person Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Does that bitch have a damned email address?
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

See how non-partisan I really am? :evil:

I need to go clean something...

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:28 pm

I’m not non-partisan, but I expect more from Democratic Congressional leadership. Republicans are doing the same thing, but I’ve come to expect that.
he/him

Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

he/him

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:43 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:28 pm

I’m not non-partisan, but I expect more from Democratic Congressional leadership. Republicans are doing the same thing, but I’ve come to expect that.
Good news: The bathroom is pristine.

Bad news: There are front line medical personnel working in Covid floors who have to isolate themselves from their own families. Some of them are living in campers in their own yards because they can't go inside the house. There are other asymptomatic front line medical personnel who are working on Covid floors who have tested positive for Covid themselves and have got permission to work.

What's 80 year old Nancy doing? She's getting her hair done, putting on her party dress and hosting a damned dinner party.

I hate to be mean. I don't wish harm to anyone. But I tell you this as sure as I'm sitting here if she or anyone in attendance contracts Covid they deserve whatever vent they get put on.

Talk about tone deaf, dumb, and blind. Do as I say not as I do. Let them eat cake. I despise hypocrisy in all forms.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:52 am
I think I hate everyone today. :x https://www.thedailybeast.com/rolla-mis ... ader-event
Me, too. That's why I clean when disgusted.

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:32 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:52 am
I think I hate everyone today. :x https://www.thedailybeast.com/rolla-mis ... ader-event
Me, too. That's why I clean when disgusted.
I should try that.
he/him

MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

There is now a COVID-19 Event Risk Assessment Planning Tool. An interactive map shows breaks down by county and size of gathering, and shows what the chances are of someone infected with Covid-19 being present at the event. There is a slider bar at the bottom where you select the number of people at the gathering.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land