To everyone who told me to watch Outlander

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Icarus
_Emeritus

To everyone who told me to watch Outlander

Post by _Icarus »

Screw you.

It was such a great series until...

Watching Tom Brady's long lost brother, the male star of the series, getting brutally ass-raped in a scene that seemed to go on for half the episode, isn't something I was prepared to watch. What in the ever living “F”? Yeah, I got the point after the first 3 minutes of it, but subsequent episodes kept adding more footage with flashbacks, and then a few episodes later the same man rapes a little boy.

The weird twist to all this that the main character in all this was ashamed to tell his wife because he enjoyed it!

Could you imagine the national controversy if this were a woman and she enjoyed being brutally sodomized?
_Imwashingmypirate
_Emeritus

Re: To everyone who told me to watch Outlander

Post by _Imwashingmypirate »

I read some of the books, couldn't get into the series because I had read books first. But I'm not sure that in the book it was enjoyed. At least not how I interpreted it. Maybe I blocked it out.

Wish I could get into the tv series because its pretty brilliant.
_Elphaba
_Emeritus

Re: To everyone who told me to watch Outlander

Post by _Elphaba »

That whole season was difficult for me to watch, and I am a huge "Outlander" fan.