Biden vs. Trump

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Re: Biden vs. Trump

Post by _Some Schmo »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:17 pm
Of course, why do I get the feeling that I am talking to a mopologist? I know, because of the unsupported emotional outbursts.
Yes, if someone is emotional, they must be wrong. That's some solid thinking there.
Dr Exiled wrote:
You ought to take a look at the latest on Russia gate. Turns out it was a Clinton concoction designed to move the narrative away from her emails and from the Comey about face at the end.

The funny thing is that the country would have tired of Trump pretty fast had the nonsense russia gate mainstream media monopoly been allowed an early death. Instead, the next month will show the republican base that their ideas about a supposed coup were more plausible and perhaps some of these "idiot" undecideds will again side with Trump due to the issue the democrats gave him.
Yes, I remember that you're a Russia apologist... speaking of people defending fu-cking nonsense.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Some Schmo wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:06 pm
Maybe the problem with certain people is that they're the type to go to a movie and walk out because they can't follow the plot, or constantly bug the people around them asking stupid questions like, "Who's that guy? Why is he helping her? Don't they hate each other?"

That would explain why certain people don't see Trump as the bad guy. They are unable to keep up with America's current plot line (or they're mindlessly rooting for the mafia in this picture).
Of course, why do I get the feeling that I am talking to a mopologist? I know, because of the unsupported emotional outbursts. You ought to take a look at the latest on Russia gate. Turns out it was a Clinton concoction designed to move the narrative away from her emails and from the Comey about face at the end.

The funny thing is that the country would have tired of Trump pretty fast had the nonsense russia gate mainstream media monopoly been allowed an early death. Instead, the next month will show the republican base that their ideas about a supposed coup were more plausible and perhaps some of these "idiot" undecideds will again side with Trump due to the issue the democrats gave him.
Yes, the "latest" on Russiagate is a RUSSIAN intelligence report that our intelligence services said it could not verify. That's the kind of BS you take at face value. I wonder why something from RUSSIAN intelligence that we can't verify was leaked this close to the election. Hmmmm.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

Here is a letter regarding declassification of certain Clinton campaign information. It seems Clinton wanted to smear Trump with a Russia label back in July of 2016.

https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/in my opinion/me ... -FINAL.pdf

It makes sense that Clinton would want to draw attention away from her emails at the time and Russia bating has worked in the past and is still working in some quarters.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

How about we look at this from Putin's pov? Trump is such a clown and a loudmouth that he could never be trusted to be a loyal puppet to anyone. That is the rub against Trump. No, Putin probably would look to go after some low level CIA analyst that would have enough access to give decent information to him. Trump as a russian asset is too obvious and in fact it backfired if that is what Putin wanted. Russian sanctions increased and Trump tore up the nuclear treaty. How did this benefit Putin?
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:39 pm
Here is a letter regarding declassification of certain Clinton campaign information. It seems Clinton wanted to smear Trump with a Russia label back in July of 2016.

https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/in my opinion/me ... -FINAL.pdf

It makes sense that Clinton would want to draw attention away from her emails at the time and Russia bating has worked in the past and is still working in some quarters.
Yep. That’s what I was talking about. You didn’t bother to read it. You’re blindly repeating RUSSIAN INTELLIGENCE that the US Intelligence Community can’t verify and says right in the letter that it may be a complete fabrication.

You know what makes sense. That Lindsay Graham would leak Russian disinformation as a distraction because after flying all over the world, Bill Barr can’t find the vast conspiracy that he just knows is out there.

Don’t you ever get tired of carrying Putin’s water?
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

_honorentheos
_Emeritus

Post by _honorentheos »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:45 pm
How about we look at this from Putin's pov? Trump is such a clown and a loudmouth that he could never be trusted to be a loyal puppet to anyone. That is the rub against Trump. No, Putin probably would look to go after some low level CIA analyst that would have enough access to give decent information to him. Trump as a russian asset is too obvious and in fact it backfired if that is what Putin wanted. Russian sanctions increased and Trump tore up the nuclear treaty. How did this benefit Putin?
There is a huge amount of space between Trump being an asset and being leveraged.

Sanctions increased despite Trump opposing them. He has failed to condemn Russian bounties on US service members. He handed Putin our positions in Syria. He openly says he takes Putin's position over that of the US intelligence community. The ties between Deutsche Bank and Trump and Russia are the sort of thing conspiracies ignore because they are to easy too obvious but that's Trump MO...do the dirty work openly so people doubt they are seeing what they are seeing then say people lie while others are doing it too.

I don't know. I guess things around here never really advance much do they?
The world is always full of the sound of waves..but who knows the heart of the sea, a hundred feet down? Who knows it's depth?
~ Eiji Yoshikawa
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

honorentheos wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:38 pm
I don't know. I guess things around here never really advance much do they?
No man. If you expect that, you are signing up for disappointment.

I come here for what it is: a shooting range for people who need to rant.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:45 pm
I had no idea you were Putin’s shrink.

_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

I can see the conversation moved on quite a bit after I left it, so much so in fact, and in a sensible direction, that I see I hardly need to say anything. I will say this: democracy is a fragile thing. Much more experienced and knowledgeable people than I are gravely concerned for ours. I don’t think my concerns are the least bit of an overstatement.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

Kishkumen wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:05 pm
I can see the conversation moved on quite a bit after I left it, so much so in fact, and in a sensible direction, that I see I hardly need to say anything. I will say this: democracy is a fragile thing. Much more experienced and knowledgeable people than I are gravely concerned for ours. I don’t think my concerns are the least bit of an overstatement.
So, prior to taking a russiagate detour, you were commenting on how Trump was a threat to the constitution. How so? Please explain. Perhaps you can convert a poor soul to the hysteria you and your brethren feel about the clown called the donald. I think he is simply a lucky clown that got elected due to some miscalculations by Hillary and her camp. I don't see him as a danger to all we hold dear. I think most people are tired of the guy and will reluctantly elect another corporate stooge who may be senile. So, problem solved.