Gunnar come on, man!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Gunnar come on, man!

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Why didn't you tell us today is your birthday? I have to find out by reading the board? How impersonal! How rude! Come on, man!

I hope you had the best day ever with your loved ones! Happy Birthday, Gunnar!

Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Brackite
_Emeritus

Re: Gunnar come on, man!

Post by _Brackite »

Happy Birthday, Gunnar!!!
"And I've said it before, you want to know what Joseph Smith looked like in Nauvoo, just look at Trump." - Fence Sitter
_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

Post by _MeDotOrg »

Thank you for being here, bro.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GUNNAR!

"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
"We've kept more promises than we've even made"
- Donald Trump
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

Thanks for the birthday greetings guys! The best thing that happened on my birthday was a four generation virtual gathering using zoom, including my children, grandchildren and my first live view of my 3 month old great granddaughter (the only great grandchild, so far)! What a cutie! Of course all my grandchildren are beautiful as well! My 10 grandchildren range in age from 1 year old to 28.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Congradulations on both the birthday and the great grandchild!
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

moksha wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:31 am
Congradulations on both the birthday and the great grandchild!
Thanks!
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Well that's kind of funny. I had no idea it was your B-day but I found myself thinking about you while out on a walk. Essentially I was thinking how much we have the same opinions, but you have a much kinder, gentler way of expressing them, and that your patience with the idiots on this board is remarkable. If your posts are any indication, you're a good man, Gunnar.

Happy birthday, sir!

And wow on the extended family. Why do I suspect you entirely deserve it?
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Some Schmo wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:45 pm
Well that's kind of funny. I had no idea it was your B-day but I found myself thinking about you while out on a walk. Essentially I was thinking how much we have the same opinions, but you have a much kinder, gentler way of expressing them, and that your patience with the idiots on this board is remarkable. If your posts are any indication, you're a good man, Gunnar.

Happy birthday, sir!

Good man, for sure. I keep waiting for him to reveal some kind of character flaw. In twenty years it hasn't happened. Not once. Not ever.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Gunnar wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:14 am
Thanks for the birthday greetings guys! The best thing that happened on my birthday was a four generation virtual gathering using zoom, including my children, grandchildren and my first live view of my 3 month old great granddaughter (the only great grandchild, so far)! What a cutie! Of course all my grandchildren are beautiful as well! My 10 grandchildren range in age from 1 year old to 28.
That is so heart warming! No one deserves it more, Gunnar. I love the thought of you visiting with everyone via zoom. Congratulations on your newest granddaughter, Gunnar!
Chinese Proverb
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:11 pm
Some Schmo wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:45 pm

Happy birthday, sir!

Good man, for sure. I keep waiting for him to reveal some kind of character flaw. In twenty years it hasn't happened. Not once. Not ever.
Boy have I got you fooled! I am far from without flaws, believe it or not!

by the way, that was newest great granddaughter not just granddaughter, and so far the only great grandchild in the usual sense of the term, though all my grandchildren are great in other ways.

― Harlan Ellison