Rules and Moderator information

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: Rules and Moderator information

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:55 am
Can I change my screen name or should I just create an alt account to mess with you guy's head?

Serious question.
As far as I know, you cannot change your screen name and mods cannot change your screen name. New accounts must be approved by Shades. Speaking only for myself, my head is sufficiently messed as it is and requires no assistance in that department.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:56 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:55 am
Can I change my screen name or should I just create an alt account to mess with you guy's head?

Serious question.
As far as I know, you cannot change your screen name and mods cannot change your screen name. New accounts must be approved by Shades. Speaking only for myself, my head is sufficiently messed as it is and requires no assistance in that department.
Thank you, RI.

Sincerely,
Cereal Killer
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Short progress report: we have gone through all of the reports that were open on the day we were appointed moderators. We are currently holding two reports open because they are under discussion. Thank you for your patience while we came up to speed.

Thanks to Dean Robbers and Dr. Moore, the entire mod board has been restored, including Shades’ moderator training thread. We’re all reading through the mod board to familiarize ourselves with how various issues have handled in the past.

Thank you all for your patience and courtesy. And enjoy our new access to past posts.

RI
he/him

Jersey Girl
God

Re: JEW HATING PROGRESSIVE HELPS DEFUND THE MINNEAPOLIS POLICE DEPARTMENT THEN BLAMES THE POLICE FOR THE RISING CRIME RA

Post by Jersey Girl »

You know I sort of hate to jump in here and make comment about the writing in all CAPS again, but if that was one of the reasons ldsfaqs got put on the queue (and it was), then this really needs to stop. It's intrusive to the eye and there is no reason for it unless one wants to give off the appearance of a raving loon. Further, ldsfaqs was dinged for typing you LIBERALS, you LEFTISTS, as well as LIBERALS and LEFTISTS within the body of the post. The same rule should apply to PROGRESSIVES. It's getting ridiculous to read this board any more.

Feel free to relocate this post wherever you like, mods.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Re: JEW HATING PROGRESSIVE HELPS DEFUND THE MINNEAPOLIS POLICE DEPARTMENT THEN BLAMES THE POLICE FOR THE RISING CRIME RA

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:47 pm
You know I sort of hate to jump in here and make comment about the writing in all CAPS again, but if that was one of the reasons ldsfaqs got put on the queue (and it was), then this really needs to stop. It's intrusive to the eye and there is no reason for it unless one wants to give off the appearance of a raving loon. Further, ldsfaqs was dinged for typing you LIBERALS, you LEFTISTS, as well as LIBERALS and LEFTISTS within the body of the post. The same rule should apply to PROGRESSIVES. It's getting ridiculous to read this board any more.

I think you're good. By custom or decree, moderation issues that apply to a thread are on topic for that thread. Or this could be discussed in the moderation issue thread I started in Paradise.
he/him

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:11 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:47 pm

I think you're good. By custom or decree, moderation issues that apply to a thread are on topic for that thread. Or this could be discussed in the moderation issue thread I started in Paradise.
I sort of popped off in the moment there. Could you relocate my post into that moderation issue thread for me?

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:15 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:11 pm

I sort of popped off in the moment there. Could you relocate my post into that moderation issue thread for me?
Will do.
he/him

Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:27 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:15 pm

Will do.
Done. Want me to delete everything after your first post?
he/him

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:35 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:27 pm

Will do.
I don't really care if you do/do not delete the extraneous posts. I would like a ruling on the all caps business. So, if that needs to happen in the Mod Forum, feel free. If you need me to actually report on a post, I will do that. Just lemme know what's best on the mod's end of the deal.

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:40 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:35 pm

I don't really care if you do/do not delete the extraneous posts. I would like a ruling on the all caps business. So, if that needs to happen in the Mod Forum, feel free. If you need me to actually report on a post, I will do that. Just lemme know what's best on the mod's end of the deal.
I'll take it up on the mod board. Your request is a sufficient report.
he/him