Uh, Alec Baldwin just shot and killed someone

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: Uh, Alec Baldwin just shot and killed someone

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:36 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:26 pm

You’re welcome. I’m reserving judgment on negligence until I understand the circumstances under which the shooting occurred. They were apparently rehearsing a scene. The victims weren’t in the scene. The director is the person who sets up the shot. So, why was anyone downgrade of the shot? How close were they to Baldwin? Did he actually know they were in the line of fire? Did he intend to pull the trigger as a rehearsal of the shot? Was he joking around? Was he concentrating on some part of the scene and accidentally pulled the trigger? It’s an odd set of facts, and there’s too much missing information for me to make a call at this point.
Did the director want to kill the cinematographer, load the guns with live rounds, and used Alec Baldwin to do the deed?

Sorry, I apparently spend too much time on crime cases. ;)
LOL! That could be true.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:44 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:36 pm

Did the director want to kill the cinematographer, load the guns with live rounds, and used Alec Baldwin to do the deed?

Sorry, I apparently spend too much time on crime cases. ;)
LOL! That could be true.
I've followed the weirdness of too many cases not to consider it a possibility. True crime will take you down the rabbit hole straight into crazy town. And this is why we wait for the investigation to be completed but we are human and try to make sense of the senseless from the start. We can't wait.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

My inner conspiracy theorist pins the blame on a disgruntled crew member who saw the armorer wasn’t maintaining strict control over the weapons and ammunition, and swapped out some blank rounds for live rounds.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:15 pm
My inner conspiracy theorist pins the blame on a disgruntled crew member who saw the armorer wasn’t maintaining strict control over the weapons and ammunition, and swapped out some blank rounds for live rounds.

- Doc
Jesus. Damn Doc. That would be somethin.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
- Doc
Heck yeah.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

- Doc
Mine is a pissed off union member who thought the gun security was too lax. Not sure that qualifies as a conspiracy.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

WE CAN GO DEEPER.
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:32 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

- Doc
Mine is a pissed off union member who thought the gun security was too lax. Not sure that qualifies as a conspiracy.
I’d tend towards that possibility, per the second to last paragraph in a prior post -

viewtopic.php?p=2747810#p2747810

Either that, or whoever was prepping those firearms was a bit of a moron. ; )
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

My theory is given it's out in the desert, some of the team were screwing around shooting the guns at cans in off hours and from there, the mix-up.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:35 am
WE CAN GO DEEPER.
I SAID WE CAN GO DEEPER.

:shock:

- Doc