Uh, Alec Baldwin just shot and killed someone

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Cultellus

Re: Uh, Alec Baldwin just shot and killed someone

Post by Cultellus »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:50 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:35 am
WE CAN GO DEEPER.
I SAID WE CAN GO DEEPER.

:shock:

- Doc
Jesus. No! No No No!
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

Baldwin is in trouble.
For safety, all live firearms used in TV and film productions are typically aimed at a dummy point, not at equipment, cast or crew, Carpenter noted. Guns, he said, are never aimed at a person.
https://nypost.com/2021/10/23/baldwin-i ... ns-expert/
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Cultellus wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:59 am
Baldwin is in trouble.
For safety, all live firearms used in TV and film productions are typically aimed at a dummy point, not at equipment, cast or crew, Carpenter noted. Guns, he said, are never aimed at a person.

FYI: The NY Post is a tabloid publication.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:18 am
Cultellus wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:59 am
Baldwin is in trouble.

They all are.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Dr. Todd Grande appears to agree with Cultellus. Video is 14:17 minutes.

Alec Baldwin "Rust" Shooting Analysis and Comparison to Brandon Lee Incident on "The Crow"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4W7kbQA8AU
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

that's the armorer. Her dad was an armorer.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:18 am
Maybe Cultellus can get some quotes from Steve Bannon and the Kremlin.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

I have no doubt that Baldwin is genuinely remorseful because of the death of a friend, and would have been so regardless of the circumstances of her death, but I am equally sure that his remorse is further intensified by a nagging awareness that he cannot entirely escape all responsibility for what happened, no matter whose negligence contributed to there being a bullet in the prop gun. It should never have been pointed at anyone there.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

Gunnar wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:07 am
I have no doubt that Baldwin is genuinely remorseful because of the death of a friend, and would have been so regardless of the circumstances of her death, but I am equally sure that his remorse is further intensified by a nagging awareness that he cannot entirely escape all responsibility for what happened, no matter whose negligence contributed to there being a bullet in the prop gun. It should never have been pointed at anyone there.
He pointed a real gun at someone and pulled the trigger. And his response was that someone handed him a hot gun. What a dick.

I handled at least a dozen guns yesterday with my sons, grandson and granddaughter. None of them were ever pointed at a person. The absurdity of pointing a real gun at someone and pulling the trigger is so far beyond my reality, I may never come to terms with another process for actors and stunt people. Oh well.
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Here is a good article taking the position that while Baldwin could be charged with involuntary manslaughter based on how the set was negligently run, the more likely result will be a civil wrongful death settlement.

https://jonathanturley.org/2021/10/24/y ... oting-but/

I don't know if this will be career ending. Baldwin seems unstable and prone to fits on anger, but, that hasn't stopped him so far and people tend to forget easily.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.