Rules and Moderator information

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Atlanticmike
God

Re: Rules and Moderator information

Post by Atlanticmike »

SirPoopsaLot wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:33 pm
Tinfoilhat wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:29 pm

I think that's what Atlanticmike is talking about when he says progressives fall into a trap by following the cult mentality of progressivism. They such all the joy out of life, isnt that what he said?
It’s all about victimhood to the progressives.
Guys guys guys! Come on, leave poor Jersey alone, seriously. Don't you realize she's the only one here who has had a tough life? Don't you guys realize all us white men are the problem in the world today? Everything is our fault! We're demons according to the PROGRESSIVES! According to the PROGRESSIVES we need to LEARN thst everything that's wrong in this world is our white azz fault. But but but but!! That's not racism you see, because PROGRESSIVES can't be racist, they can't be sexist, they can't be homophobes because they're the only ones that are fighting for equal justice.
Tinfoilhat
Valiant A

Post by Tinfoilhat »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:43 pm
SirPoopsaLot wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:33 pm

It’s all about victimhood to the progressives.
Guys guys guys! Come on, leave poor Jersey alone, seriously. Don't you realize she's the only one here who has had a tough life? Don't you guys realize all us white men are the problem in the world today? Everything is our fault! We're demons according to the PROGRESSIVES! According to the PROGRESSIVES we need to LEARN thst everything that's wrong in this world is our white azz fault. But but but but!! That's not racism you see, because PROGRESSIVES can't be racist, they can't be sexist, they can't be homophobes because they're the only ones that are fighting for equal justice.
Wow! I'm inspired, Atlanticmike!! Thanks for telling how progressives view the world. That sounds like a much simpler way to live, I think I might become a progressive. Does anyone know where I can buy a pink vagina hat?
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Tinfoilhat wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:45 pm
Atlanticmike wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:43 pm

Wow! I'm inspired, Atlanticmike!! Thanks for telling how progressives view the world. That sounds like a much simpler way to live, I think I might become a progressive. Does anyone know where I can buy a pink vagina hat?
I can knit you a pink vagina hat if you don't mind waiting. I'm a few months behind on pink vagina hat orders.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

SirPoopsaLot wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:21 pm
Atlanticmike, she’s trying to bait you into saying something
You’ll regret, don’t fall for it, that’s what she wants.

Ah. Jersey Girl knows mind control. Got it. : D
Tinfoilhat
Valiant A

Post by Tinfoilhat »

canpakes wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:49 pm
SirPoopsaLot wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:21 pm
Atlanticmike, she’s trying to bait you into saying something
You’ll regret, don’t fall for it, that’s what she wants.

Yes I agree! I think that's one of the first lessons you learn when converting to the progressive cult.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Tinfoilhat wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:53 pm
canpakes wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:49 pm

Yes I agree! I think that's one of the first lessons you learn when converting to the progressive cult.

So, how can you be sure that you’re not being punked right now?

: D
Tinfoilhat
Valiant A

Post by Tinfoilhat »

canpakes wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:55 pm
Tinfoilhat wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:53 pm

So, how can you be sure that you’re not being punked right now?

: D
Why, is Ashton Kutcher posting on the board?
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:10 am
What specifically are you requesting us to do?
Thank you for asking, dear mod.

First, however, I would like to address your distinction between aroused genitals and non-aroused genitals, in your comparison of the gender-based insults of “throbbing tapir dick” and “pink vagina hat.”
Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:48 am
The tapir post was moved, not because of the word “dick,” but because of the sexual connotation of its use with the word throbbing. We agreed that the terms “dick” and “vagina” were not per se outside of the PG-PG-13 guidelines. While we agreed that the sexual connotation of the tapir post classified it as R rated content, we also agreed that the hat phrase lacked any similar connotation.[/color]
By comparing these two terms on the basis of “arousal” you completely missed the point of how these terms were used.

“Throbbing tapir dick” was used as an insult, in exactly in the same manner as “pink vagina hat,” and therefore should be considered in terms of the ‘personal insult’ rule, NOT the ‘pg-13’ rule.

You compared these two terms on the basis of a completely irrelevant issue, “arousal,” instead of on the basis of the way the insult was used, as though somehow the insult factor of calling someone a dick or a vagina depended upon the relative arousal level, instead of upon, you know, the insult level.

Arousal is an element of using these sexual organs in a positive and meaningful way, and there is nothing about either phrase that was referring to the healthy act of sexual intercourse. Your reduction of the terms to their relative level of “arousal” is completely irrelevant, and should not be a part of the decision as to whether the insult is appropriate for a particular forum.

I’ll respond to your question above in another post.
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

What are those people wearing and what do they call the thing they are wearing?

I agree with your answer. Thanks.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Lem wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:22 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:10 am
What specifically are you requesting us to do?
Thank you for asking, dear mod.

First, however, I would like to address your distinction between aroused genitals and non-aroused genitals, in your comparison of the gender-based insults of “throbbing tapir dick” and “pink vagina hat.”
Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:48 am
The tapir post was moved, not because of the word “dick,” but because of the sexual connotation of its use with the word throbbing. We agreed that the terms “dick” and “vagina” were not per se outside of the PG-PG-13 guidelines. While we agreed that the sexual connotation of the tapir post classified it as R rated content, we also agreed that the hat phrase lacked any similar connotation.[/color]
By comparing these two terms on the basis of “arousal” you completely missed the point of how these terms were used.

“Throbbing tapir dick” was used as an insult, in exactly in the same manner as “pink vagina hat,” and therefore should be considered in terms of the ‘personal insult’ rule, NOT the ‘pg-13’ rule.

You compared these two terms on the basis of a completely irrelevant issue, “arousal,” instead of on the basis of the way the insult was used, as though somehow the insult factor of calling someone a dick or a vagina depended upon the relative arousal level, instead of upon, you know, the insult level.

Arousal is an element of using these sexual organs in a positive and meaningful way, and there is nothing about either phrase that was referring to the healthy act of sexual intercourse. Your reduction of the terms to their relative level of “arousal” is completely irrelevant, and should not be a part of the decision as to whether the insult is appropriate for a particular forum.

I’ll respond to your question above in another post.
Lem, your post is misleading because it omits the relevant context. Here is the missing context: You reported a post. We reviewed it, and I communicated to you that we had decided two things. First, that the phrase "pink vagina hat", in and of itself, did not constitute R-rated speech. Second, that the reported post was not a personal attack.

You responded by asking us to reconsider based on the the fact that Cam's tapir dick post had been moved to Prison. In your request, you specifically asked us to reevaluate whether the phrase constituted R-rated speech based on the treatment of Cam's post. You did not ask us to reconsider under Forum Rule 2 -- the personal attack rule.

Cam's post did not violate Forum Rule 2. The rule does not prohibit general use of insulting terms. It also does not apply to insulting language used as a personal attack against someone who is not a member of the forum. I was the moderator that moved Cam's post and my explanatory note says: Split thread and moved to Telestial, R rated content — RI.

We considered exactly what you asked us and I communicated the answer to the exact question you asked us. We did not "miss the point." If there are posts in Paradise that you feel are a personal attack, please report them and we will do our best to apply the rules to the post, as we do with every report we receive. But if you are going to dispute a decision of ours publicly, please include the relevant context so that other forum users are not misled about the actions we have taken.

Thanks.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.