Rules and Moderator information

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
canpakes
God

Re: Rules and Moderator information

Post by canpakes »

Hi, Lem - jumping in for a sec.

(ETA- just noticed that Res posted a response while I was writing this, but I’ll leave it here for your consideration)

Lem wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:22 am
First, however, I would like to address your distinction between aroused genitals and non-aroused genitals, in your comparison of the gender-based insults of “throbbing tapir dick” and “pink vagina hat.”
Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:48 am
The tapir post was moved, not because of the word “dick,” but because of the sexual connotation of its use with the word throbbing. We agreed that the terms “dick” and “vagina” were not per se outside of the PG-PG-13 guidelines. While we agreed that the sexual connotation of the tapir post classified it as R rated content, we also agreed that the hat phrase lacked any similar connotation.
By comparing these two terms on the basis of “arousal” you completely missed the point of how these terms were used.
Res is stating, ‘sexual connotation’, and not ‘arousal’. Additionally, these terms aren’t necessarily synonymous.

The connotation (context) element is discussed per rating on the page at the following link, which is what the ‘ratings’ system of this board is more or less based -

https://www.marshallcinema.com/mpaa
“Throbbing tapir dick” was used as an insult, in exactly in the same manner as “pink vagina hat,” and therefore should be considered in terms of the ‘personal insult’ rule, NOT the ‘pg-13’ rule.
They're both definitely an insult. But, some types of insults stay, and some are booted, and that decision can be based on connotation, context, etc.

There are additional considerations for pink vagina hat, in how it has been used as a cudgel as of late - harassment, as example.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Cultellus wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:20 am

What are those people wearing and what do they call the thing they are wearing?

I agree with your answer. Thanks.

‘Pink Pussyhat’, as has been pointed out previously.

No part of the hat’s name includes the word, vagina.

Thanks for agreeing. And, you’re welcome.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

canpakes wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:01 am

(ETA- just noticed that Res posted a response while I was writing this, but I’ll leave it here for your consideration)

Lem wrote:
First, however, I would like to address your distinction between aroused genitals and non-aroused genitals, in your comparison of the gender-based insults of “throbbing tapir dick” and “pink vagina hat.”

By comparing these two terms on the basis of “arousal” you completely missed the point of how these terms were used.
Res is stating, ‘sexual connotation’, and not ‘arousal’. Additionally, these terms aren’t necessarily synonymous.

The connotation (context) element is discussed per rating on the page at the following link, which is what the ‘ratings’ system of this board is more or less based -

“Throbbing tapir dick” was used as an insult, in exactly in the same manner as “pink vagina hat,” and therefore should be considered in terms of the ‘personal insult’ rule, NOT the ‘pg-13’ rule.
They're both definitely an insult. But, some types of insults stay, and some are booted, and that decision can be based on connotation, context, etc.

There are additional considerations for pink vagina hat, in how it has been used as a cudgel as of late - harassment, as example.
Exactly. A post that attacks "lawyers" may be appropriate in Paradise, where the same attack on "Res Ipsa" may not. The rule requires us to make some pretty fine distinctions, largely based on context.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

canpakes wrote:

Lem wrote:

Res Ipsa stated the term was moved “not because of the word ‘dick,’ but because of the sexual connotation of its use with the word throbbing.”

Not to be indelicate, but if describing a dick as “throbbing” is what adds the sexual connotation, then we are discussing arousal, unless there is some new, urban dictionary-type definition I am unaware of. :roll:

Personally I think the insulting use of any type of genitalia is what adds sexual connotation, but I’ll take a look at the reference you gave and see if it helps explain the difference.

And no, Res Ipsa, my post was not “misleading,” it was just me stating my opinion on a matter.

But thank you both for the clarification.
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

A thread discussing tapir dicks, pink vagina hats, and the differences between a dick and a throbbing dick.

I don't think you could find a similar discussion on any discussion board on the entire planet. Special.
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

ceeboo wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:56 am
A thread discussing tapir dicks, pink vagina hats, and the differences between a dick and a throbbing dick.

I don't think you could find a similar discussion on any discussion board on the entire planet. Special.
Dang it! You besy me to it, I was gettin ready to kinda say the same thing.
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Cultellus wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:20 am

What are those people wearing and what do they call the thing they are wearing?

I agree with your answer. Thanks.
It's called a toboggan.
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

Good morning, AM
Atlanticmike wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:18 am
ceeboo wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:56 am

besy - A beautiful young girl who is very smart loving person and Has an Exceptional Beauty very Kind Is awesome in every way. She has a big red heart- a beautiful human being

Thanks for the extraordinarily kind comment but, just so you know, I am a male. :)
Last edited by ceeboo on Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

canpakes wrote:

Lem wrote:

Wrong! If I met Madonna and called her a pink vagina hat PROGRESSIVE, she would probably be proud I viewed her that way.

Question, if pink vagina hat has been used as a cudgel as of late, how bout TROLL, how bout trumptards or trumpsters? Are you saying Lem can call me a troll everytime she post about me, because she does? How do you know I'm not deathly afraid of trolls and everytime I hear the word troll I get triggered?
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

ceeboo wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:25 am
Good morning, AM
Atlanticmike wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:18 am

besy - A beautiful young girl who is very smart loving person and Has an Exceptional Beauty very Kind Is awesome in every way. She has a big red heart- a beautiful human being

Thanks for the extraordinarily kind comment but, just so you know, I am a male. :)
You know what's weird, I spoke all that into my phone I don't even know how my phone heard "besy" instead of "beat". Anyways, if you were a girl you would be a besy because you're definitely a very kind and awsome man. Also, don't worry about your week of "bad" eating. That's behind you, try not to think about it, it's no big deal. God's grace and mercy are new every morning.