I HEREBY STEP DOWN FOR NOW

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
honorentheos
God

Re: I HEREBY STEP DOWN FOR NOW

Post by honorentheos »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:38 pm
To clarify, I didn't step down because I have too much going on in my personal life or because I needed a break for whatever reason. Things in both my personal and professional life have gotten much more tolerable, thank goodness.

I stepped down because too many people wanted me to. There was no other reason than that.
Thanks, Dr. Shades. I apologize if it seemed like my posts were arguing that you needed to step down. I had intended them to be a suggestion that the sharing of responsibility would be in the long term interest of the board. Other than the rule regarding Perfume and the limits on tolerating non-linear thinking, I think your efforts to maintain a board where all voices and views have opportunity to engage with one another have been successful and admirable. And this is almost entirely due to your commitment and aims.

Folks who seemed most upset also seem to be the types who would have a board reflect their own intolerance and biases which in themselves serve as cautionary markers of how easy it is for communities such as this to veer off into self-righteousness.

That all said, the mods are doing a great job and, in time, I hope this all works itself out to where you and they are collectively at peace with a structure that allows for shared responsibility. As a community, we owe you our own commitments to the aims you codified here, too.
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

honorentheos wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:12 pm
Dr. Shades wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:38 pm
To clarify, I didn't step down because I have too much going on in my personal life or because I needed a break for whatever reason. Things in both my personal and professional life have gotten much more tolerable, thank goodness.

I stepped down because too many people wanted me to. There was no other reason than that.
Thanks, Dr. Shades. I apologize if it seemed like my posts were arguing that you needed to step down. I had intended them to be a suggestion that the sharing of responsibility would be in the long term interest of the board. Other than the rule regarding Perfume and the limits on tolerating non-linear thinking, I think your efforts to maintain a board where all voices and views have opportunity to engage with one another have been successful and admirable. And this is almost entirely due to your commitment and aims.

Folks who seemed most upset also seem to be the types who would have a board reflect their own intolerance and biases which in themselves serve as cautionary markers of how easy it is for communities such as this to veer off into self-righteousness.

That all said, the mods are doing a great job and, in time, I hope this all works itself out to where you and they are collectively at peace with a structure that allows for shared responsibility. As a community, we owe you our own commitments to the aims you codified here, too.
Well said in bold. It is human nature I suppose…
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

honorentheos wrote:
I would ask to be excluded from any group defined as those "who would have a board reflect their own intolerance and biases".

My objection, strongly felt and clearly expressed to those who make the decisions, was to seeing the board deliberately and determinedly disrupted by someone who had nothing substantive to contribute. And there had been others who had previously done that.

So long as that is stopped, I really don't care if people express views flat contrary to my own, so long as they do it within the rules of the board.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

Chap wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:01 pm
honorentheos wrote:
I would ask to be excluded from any group defined as those "who would have a board reflect their own intolerance and biases".

My objection, strongly felt and clearly expressed to those who make the decisions, was to seeing the board deliberately and determinedly disrupted by someone who had nothing substantive to contribute. And there had been others who had previously done that.

So long as that is stopped, I really don't care if people express views flat contrary to my own, so long as they do it within the rules of the board.

“was to seeing the board deliberately and determinedly disrupted by someone who had nothing substantive to contribute.”

The problem is that can get pretty subjective…like Shmo, all he generally does is say how stupid those that have different views…he rarely has anything to say that really lends to the conversation…but that’s okay, it is who he is. But, when I am having a conversation with someone like you, both presenting what we believe are facts, and someone like him or Kevin just states I am a idiot….would that fall under what I quoted from you above?
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Markk wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:47 pm
But, when I am having a conversation with someone like you, both presenting what we believe are facts, and someone like him or Kevin just states I am a idiot….would that fall under what I quoted from you above?

Likely, yes.

What if someone did that many thousands of times, to almost every participant, in the space of half a year?
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

canpakes wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:05 am
Markk wrote:
But, when I am having a conversation with someone like you, both presenting what we believe are facts, and someone like him or Kevin just states I am a idiot….would that fall under what I quoted from you above?

Likely, yes.

What if someone did that many thousands of times, to almost every participant, in the space of half a year?
Like this for example. This thread consists of 1185 moved posts. And that was just the beginning of ONE such person.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1368
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

canpakes wrote:
Markk wrote:

Likely, yes.

Then ignore it and they will go away…they want attention. You guys team up and troll those you disagree with all the time, you just don’t like it when others do it to you. But again, if you ignore him and stop feeding him he will go away…if that is what you really want.
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:10 am
canpakes wrote:

Likely, yes.

Like this for example. This thread consists of 1185 moved posts. And that was just the beginning of ONE such person.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1368
Then ignore it, he will get bored and move on eventually…trolls have to eat, quit feeding them. It is a choice, yours.
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Markk wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:40 am
canpakes wrote:

Likely, yes.

You guys team up and troll those you disagree with all the time, you just don’t like it when others do it to you.
I’ve experienced this first hand many times. That’s a real concern. And it’s interpretive, mainly subjective.

Good to see others have noticed this. Not sure what can actually be done about it.

Regards,
MG
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:05 am
Markk wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:40 am

You guys team up and troll those you disagree with all the time, you just don’t like it when others do it to you.
I’ve experienced this first hand many times. That’s a real concern. And it’s interpretive, mainly subjective.

Good to see others have noticed this. Not sure what can actually be done about it.

Regards,
MG
:roll: read any of our moderator's posts on the subject, or even any other subset of posters. Markk's take is not agreed with, AT ALL. Good grief.