State of the Union

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Vēritās
God

State of the Union

Post by Vēritās »

What an amazing time this is. Biden gets to boast about all of his accomplishments, but things got tense when he pointed out the FACT that "some Republicans" are proposing we sunset Social Security and Medicare. The Republican side started booing and the camera close up of MTG revealed she screamed "LIAR."

Biden assured them he has seen the proposals if anyone wants a copy. In any event, Biden didn't get mad, instead he used their protest against them and basically said, "Great, so no one has anything to fear about Social Security cuts right?" While look at the GOP.

OMG, how can they say he's lying when getting rid of SS has been a Right Wing pipe dream for decades now?

Recently Rick Scott of Florida proposed cuts that would ultimately sunset the program: https://rescueamerica.com/wp-content/up ... y-Book.pdf

Lindsay Graham: https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-sho ... -rcna33464

Republican Senate candidates: At least five Republican candidates in the seven most hotly contested U.S. Senate races have publicly endorsed cuts to Social Security, Medicare, and/or prescription drug reforms that lower drug costs for seniors. The remaining two candidates have not taken definitive stances on these topics.

Republican Study Committee (RSC) budget: Nearly 75 percent of House Republicans are members of the RSC, whose budget would cut Social Security by “raising the retirement age by three months per year through 2040, at that point the new age requirement to receive full Social Security benefits for people born after 1978 would be 70. After 2040, the group recommends linking the new retirement age to modern life expectancies.”

Entitlement, Spending Cap Plans Linked by GOP to Debt-Limit Deal

https://www.americanprogressaction.org/ ... care-cuts/
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Vēritās
God

Re: State of the Union

Post by Vēritās »

Biden just mentioned the opioid crisis noting that more than 70k Americans died from overdoses in the past year. GOP monkeys started yelling at him over this, I could make out "Border" in one scream but some male clearly screamed "It's your fault."

Really? They would have us believe this only started happening when Biden took office.
opioid.jpg
opioid.jpg (56.01 KiB) Viewed 614 times
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Watching Sarah Sanders read her ‘rebuttal’, I felt as if I was trapped between simultaneous readings of a Tom Clancy novel, and Hunger Games.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

canpakes wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:19 am
Watching Sarah Sanders read her ‘rebuttal’, I felt as if I was trapped between simultaneous readings of a Tom Clancy novel, and Hunger Games.
She said Biden inherited the fastest recovery in history. :lol: :lol:
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

The GOP monkeys went ballistic over Biden dropping truth bombs about how much of the debt is attributable to Trump.
deficit.jpg
deficit.jpg (57.71 KiB) Viewed 602 times
https://amarkfoundation.org/us-federal-deficits/
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Trump's deficits in four years

$780 Billion
$984 Billion
$3.123 Trillion
$2.776 Trillion

For a total of $7.663 Trillion

Which is exactly 25% of the current overall debt.

Biden was correct.
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Both parties take part in causing our troubles because their donor masters demand it. The pandemic spending for better or worse was done with practically unanimous votes in congress. Our almost $trillion yearly defense budgets are practically unanimously approved each year. Corporations have captured both parties since Clinton. Where it counts, we have a uniparty.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Both parties take part in causing our troubles because their donor masters demand it.
The voters demand it. If Republicans were to refuse to increase the debt ceiling, they'd be voted out of office pretty quickly. All a politician has to do is promise to give people free everything by taxing the rich and people will vote for that every time, whether it actually adds up or not. There's no way the deficit will ever stop and no way the US will ever get out of debt, at least not while policy is based on the votes of welfare queens, college students, liberals, or whatever ballots the Democrat political machine can harvest from the ghettos, nursing homes, and group homes.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:50 pm
Both parties take part in causing our troubles because their donor masters demand it.
The voters demand it. If Republicans were to refuse to increase the debt ceiling, they'd be voted out of office pretty quickly. All a politician has to do is promise to give people free everything by taxing the rich and people will vote for that every time, whether it actually adds up or not. There's no way the deficit will ever stop and no way the US will ever get out of debt, at least not while policy is based on the votes of welfare queens, college students, liberals, or whatever ballots the Democrat political machine can harvest from the ghettos, nursing homes, and group homes.
One will note Clinton’s budgets above. Feel free to compare and contrast with Xanax’s statement.

eta:

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

When Biden mentioned the opioid crisis in America Republicans made fools of themselves again by screaming "It's YOUR FAULT." At first I couldn't figure out how in the world that could be considered Biden's fault but then I realized the FOX News talking point about how all the Fentanyl junk is coming from Mexico and they're turning this into a border issue.

The problem is more than 85% of all Fentanyl traveling from Mexico is being brought here by US Citizens not illegal immigrants. Don't believe me? Here is the Right Wing outfit CATO Institute: Fentanyl Is Smuggled for U.S. Citizens By U.S. Citizens, Not Asylum Seekers