doubtingthomas’s topics MEGATHREAD

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Morley
God
Location: Jan van Eyck, Portrait of a Man (Self Portrait), 1433

Re: Shocking NEW study compares male virginity to wealth inequality. Researcher says the unequal distribution is a threa

Post by Morley »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:50 am
Morley wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:25 am
(bold is mine)

I'm curious, which portions of his methodology do you think are flawed?
1. A lot of 25-year-olds today are single, unemployed, and living with their parents, which was probably not the case 20 and 30 years ago.

2. Premarital sex is more acceptable today.

3. Most guys used to get married before the age of 25, but only the oddballs didn't.

We should expect that modern 25-year-old singles are having more sex, not less.

Thomas, it's obvious that you and I have different views as what methodology means, so I'll back away. We're not speaking the same language.
Marcus
God

Re: Shocking NEW study compares male virginity to wealth inequality. Researcher says the unequal distribution is a threa

Post by Marcus »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:04 pm
Should we ban all speech that is offensive and inappropriate?
Your non sequiturs are consistently nonsensical.
DaveIsHere
Teacher

Post by DaveIsHere »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:04 pm
Should we ban all speech that is offensive and inappropriate?

If we did that the GOP wouldn't have a platform.
If a Giant's pronouns are "fee, fi, fi, and fum", does that mean short people's pronouns are "oompa, loompa, and doopity-doo"?
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Marcus wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:31 am
rather that women owe men that sex.
I am not saying that at all.
Marcus wrote:
He posts these topics because these are the exact topics that the manosphere-incel-misogynistic-anti-feminist groups online follow.
No, incels tend to exaggerate the numbers. I am mostly getting my information from news articles and studies. I also get some information from pick-up artists.
Marcus wrote:
Every post he makes about men not getting enough sex has the underlying current that it is not men's fault that they are not getting sex, it is not men's fault that they are not getting sex,
Ironically, you are the one who keeps stereotyping. Your bigotry against men is obvious. You simply want to blame it all on men, including the men with severe intellectual disabilities who will never be in a romantic relationship.

I don't blame women, but I do blame your bigotry and dismissive behavior.

"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:51 am
Why do you care how much sex other young single men are or aren't getting?
As this article puts it, "Well-being at risk".
https://www.healthline.com/health-news/ ... ng-at-risk

Our country is already high levels of psychological distress, loneliness will only make things worse.

I am not saying that having sex is the solution, but perhaps people like Marcus should try to be nicer and not dismissive towards young men.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Marcus wrote:
He posts these topics because these are the exact topics that the manosphere-incel-misogynistic-anti-feminist groups online follow. he perfectly mirrors the 'concerns' and even the research topics brought up by these groups.
That's not true at all, the incels post a lot of things, you are simply cherry-picking. It's like searching for two people who share the same last name in NYC. :lol: It's clear you are not a professor of Statistics.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Father Francis wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:14 am
Your other point doesn't even stand up to scrutiny.
As I said, there is a lot of research about this topic. You should start here.
https://www.healthline.com/health-news/ ... frequently

Marcus said, "Every post he makes about men not getting enough sex has the underlying current that it is not men's fault that they are not getting sex". Marcus thinks we should blame it all on men. Would you agree with Marcus?
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:00 pm
Marcus wrote:
He posts these topics because these are the exact topics that the manosphere-incel-misogynistic-anti-feminist groups online follow.
No, incels tend to exaggerate the numbers. I am mostly getting my information from news articles and studies. I also get some information from pick-up artists.
of course you do.
A subset of the online misogynist “manosphere” that includes Pick Up Artists and Men’s Rights Activists...https://www.adl.org/resources/backgroun ... -celibates
continuing...
Marcus wrote:
Every post he makes about men not getting enough sex has the underlying current that it is not men's fault that they are not getting sex,
Ironically, you are the one who keeps stereotyping. Your bigotry against men is obvious. You simply want to blame it all on men, including the men with severe intellectual disabilities who will never be in a romantic relationship.

I don't blame women, but I do blame your bigotry and dismissive behavior.

and the continuation of the quote above
...incels are known for their deep-seated pessimism and profound sense of grievance against women...https://www.adl.org/resources/backgroun ... -celibates
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Marcus wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:26 pm
of course you do. A subset of the online misogynist “manosphere” that includes Pick Up Artists and Men’s Rights Activists...https://www.adl.org/resources/backgroun ... -celibates
continuing...
Since when are dating coaches misogynist? :lol:
Marcus wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:26 pm
incels are known for their deep-seated pessimism and profound sense of grievance against women..
:lol: How is a pick up artist pessimistic?

Here's what I wrote in the opening post, there's no need to create a ridiculous straw man.
doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:02 am
I blame hypergamy and the fact that young men in their early 20s aren't allowed to talk to younger women.
I did not say, "I blame it all on women".

I also wrote, "A progressive Democrat blames Democrats for the rise of guys like Andrew Tate". People like you keep dismissing real issues.
Last edited by doubtingthomas on Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
doubtingthomas
God

Oh God! It's not possible to reason with some people here

Post by doubtingthomas »

A lot of people here emotionally invested a lot in their own beliefs.

One person acts like a Mormon apologist.