doubtingthomas’s topics MEGATHREAD

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: Spamming

Post by Res Ipsa »

Just so I understand, are you saying it is our job as mods to avoid doing anything that would anger you? Are you saying that we are responsible for what you do when you are angry?
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:46 pm
Just so I understand, are you saying it is our job as mods to avoid doing anything that would anger you? Are you saying that we are responsible for what you do when you are angry?
No and no. That's not what I said. I simply don't appreciate the fact that some people are treated differently. However, you are free to do whatever you want. I understand that being a mod isn't easy.
Moksha wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:02 pm

You could probably walk through walls and turn yourself into a gaseous state if you set your mind to it.
or talk to a brick wall.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Re: Can we get a Rosebud mega thread like we did for Doubting Thomas?

Post by doubtingthomas »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:43 pm
I’d suggest it’d serve everyone’s interests in that we avoid all the annual Rosebud spam and Rosebud has one thread in which her documentation is collated, so to speak.
The difference is that I don't make stuff up. Just because you don't care about boys falling behind doesn't mean it's spam.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/ ... 913463001/

Moved post from original thread to megathread. UR 4, post was a derail from the original thread's topic. Post is a continuation of a topic previously moved to megathread. -- RI
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:11 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:46 pm
No and no. That's not what I said. I simply don't appreciate the fact that some people are treated differently. However, you are free to do whatever you want. I understand that being a mod isn't easy.
Thank you for clarifying. Can you link me to an example of accusations made by you and Doc against each other being treated differently so that I can understand why you think your posts were treated differently?
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

I don't think posts are deleted they just get moved. We still read them doubtingthomas.
doubtingthomas
God

Re: doubtingthomas’s topics MEGATHREAD

Post by doubtingthomas »

Gadianton wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:01 am
Hold the phone: Doc cam called you a name, Some Schmo said you are a creep for no reason, per you, and IWMP said young people are naïve -- and you think this is overwhelming evidence that society strongly condemns relationships with 10-15 year age differences
People are condemning large age differences when the younger partner is under 25. Look at what Doc just said: he claimed that 19-year-olds aren't adults. How much more evidence do you need?

Doctor CamNC4Me:
If anyone truly believes a 19-year-old is an adult I have a bridge over the river Kwai to sell you.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=158575&start=10
doubtingthomas
God

Re: doubtingthomas’s topics MEGATHREAD

Post by doubtingthomas »

Some Schmo wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:02 pm
You don't seem to understand what free speech or censorship are.
That's relative, or it's nearly impossible come up with precise definitions that would apply to all cases, you smart pants.
Gadianton
God

Re: Ohio man, 81, fatally shoots Uber driver, 61, after scammers target both of them

Post by Gadianton »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:26 pm
"Ohio man, 81, fatally shoots Uber driver, 61, after scammers target both of them"
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/oh ... rcna147827

It's clear that a lot of people over 60 don't think clearly and their reasoning skills decline, as evidenced by this board.
So you admit that men over 60 marrying young women isn't a good idea?

Or do you think it's the burden of a young women to take care of a cognitively impaired older man?

The problem you face is that even if the man is 45 and the woman is 30, at 45 the man reaches "cognitive impairment" and is less able to care for her.

(fyi, though 60 is a ways away for me, at 85 or 90 I wouldn't miss the contradiction you're putting yourself in)
doubtingthomas
God

Re: Ohio man, 81, fatally shoots Uber driver, 61, after scammers target both of them

Post by doubtingthomas »

Gadianton wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:59 am
So you admit that men over 60 marrying young women isn't a good idea?
I agree, but men over 29 marrying young women is probably a good idea.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

I agree, but men over 29 marrying young women is probably a good idea.
There are two problems with your response. The first is your own bias toward your own needs at the moment. It just so happens you are in your thirties now -- when you're in your fifties, then what's your response going to be? Are you going to bow out for the greater good, or find a justification for yourself?

You also failed to read my third sentence. the man over 29 will one day be 60 when his wife is still relatively young, and now forced to take care of a cognitively impaired older man.