The Loading Speed of the Site:

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
yellowstone123
Bishop

The Loading Speed of the Site:

Post by yellowstone123 »

It's been slow. I don't know if it's happening to others. I did a speed test and was at about 35 megabytes per second which is okay for on wireless. I check the Daily Mail which is huge and has lots of annoying pop ups. It loaded quickly. I use a Mac Air Laptop with with M1 chip and 16 gigs of ram. Is anyone experiencing the same type of delay. I don't like Chrome but downloaded to see if it loaded faster than Apples Safari Browser. A slight but not significant increase. It might just might be a jam as early morning people in the area are also doing some internet stuff but the Daily Mail did load in a second.

Dr. Shades, is there a way to donate help with the site speed or upgrade equipment if it's just not me. You did a great job keeping the site the same but under a different name. Some day I really want to know the real story of what happened and how the other site came to be created. I know you never ask for donations like the 503 - something those people keep reminding the viewers about, but if needed and away to do it is created, maybe many readers can help.
“One of the important things for anybody in power is to distinguish between what you have the right to do and what is right to do." Potter Stewart, associate justice of the Supreme Court - 1958 to 1981.
Moksha
God

Re: The Loading Speed of the Site:

Post by Moksha »

Right now there is Brett Ripley, myself, and 238 guests online. How many of these guests are operatives of the Strengthening the Membership Committee? Does this popularity have anything to do with speed?

The NOM site keeps going down. Are they victims of the notorious Defending the Faith Attacks?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
yellowstone123
Bishop

Post by yellowstone123 »

Moksha wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:47 pm
Right now there is Brett Ripley, myself, and 238 guests online. How many of these guests are operatives of the Strengthening the Membership Committee? Does this popularity have anything to do with speed?

The NOM site keeps going down. Are they victims of the notorious Defending the Faith Attacks?
Moksha, thank you. That was my first guess.
“One of the important things for anybody in power is to distinguish between what you have the right to do and what is right to do." Potter Stewart, associate justice of the Supreme Court - 1958 to 1981.
yellowstone123
Bishop

Post by yellowstone123 »

It's going at warp speed now. Who ever did it thank you.
Imwashingmypirate
Savior (mortal ministry)

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

It seems to go down every so often. Sometimes I can't log in. Sometimes the telestial forum vanishes. Sometimes the chat goes super slow.

I think it's the slowness that causes the multiple posts that are the same.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

yellowstone123 wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:23 pm
It's going at warp speed now. Who ever did it thank you.
Ditto!!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Credit goes to Dean Robbers, who can do amazing things with a couple of paper clips and a rubber band.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Thank you, dear Gad!!