Next President ___________ ?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
bill4long
Bishop

Next President ___________ ?

Post by bill4long »

Who do you want to be the next President of these United States and why?
The views and opinions expressed by Bill4Long could be wrong and are subject to change at any time. Viewer discretion is advised.
hauslern
Bishop

Re: Next President ___________ ?

Post by hauslern »

Imwashingmypirate
God

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

bill4long wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 10:39 pm
Neither... Not that I get a say. Surely there must be an American somewhere that has better skills and qualities to run the country? Why is it always a choice between two people?

I'm a bit worried about here. We have been with conservative for a long time but the problem is that everytime people get restless and it seems that they want Tories out, there is a massive media push and somehow so many people end up voting a 3rd option in the hopes of change but all that does is prevent labour getting in. You end up with a hung parliament with conservative taking the reigns. And people are already talking about voting for a minor party in the next election. My vote won't make a difference because of where I live. There are areas that will have the same outcome every year regardless.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 11:09 pm
bill4long wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 10:39 pm
Neither... Not that I get a say. Surely there must be an American somewhere that has better skills and qualities to run the country? Why is it always a choice between two people?

I'm a bit worried about here. We have been with conservative for a long time but the problem is that everytime people get restless and it seems that they want Tories out, there is a massive media push and somehow so many people end up voting a 3rd option in the hopes of change but all that does is prevent labour getting in. You end up with a hung parliament with conservative taking the reigns. And people are already talking about voting for a minor party in the next election. My vote won't make a difference because of where I live. There are areas that will have the same outcome every year regardless.
The ballot for a presidential election in America always has a list of people to choose from, some five or six, I forget exactly.The idea is to find one with the most votes so people collect into a party to try and get enough votes. That usually shakes down to two parties. The others almost always remain small.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

A good alternative to Biden has not made themselves known. I do not think Biden is great but I think he is level headed and doing a decent job.
Imwashingmypirate
God

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

huckelberry wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 12:01 am
Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 11:09 pm

The ballot for a presidential election in America always has a list of people to choose from, some five or six, I forget exactly.The idea is to find one with the most votes so people collect into a party to try and get enough votes. That usually shakes down to two parties. The others almost always remain small.
Same here. There are other parties to vote but we know that the others don't have a chance. It always ends up between labour and conservative. A lot of people stick to one because their families did.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

huckelberry wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 12:05 am
A good alternative to Biden has not made themselves known.
Pete Buttigieg is young, healthy, brilliant, and honest.

So many people being accepting of Trump shows that America is comfortable with Arch-Villians.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Moksha wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 12:39 am
So many people being accepting of Trump shows that America is comfortable with Arch-Villians.
It seems to me more a case of willful ignorance.

When your best defense for why Trump has 91 criminal indictments is that Biden has weaponized the justice department, you've let ignorance rule your world (not to mention you have no problem projecting your own bad behavior on others, because you would love it if Trump weaponized the Justice Department to hold kangaroo courts for your political rivals). You have decided to forego looking at the evidence in favor of Trump walking on water, because orange Jesus.

We know for a fact that if Hillary were in court right now, every Trump lunatic would be cheering the justice system on, evidence be damned.

It's not that I don't trust their intentions, it's that their intentions aren't trustworthy. Ignorance prevents them from being reliable.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

I'm old fashioned, so I'll be voting for the person who hasn't ever received an endorsement from the American Nazi Party.

When that's not a viable metric, it's usually a safe bet voting for the person who hasn't bragged about walking in on children getting dressed.

Fortunately this election cycle, I can easily eliminate one candidate who happens to fall into both those categories.
Molok
Nursery

Post by Molok »

I'll vote for Genocide Joe over Hitler-Lite, but I am deeply disappointed in both candidates this election.