Why are Humans living longer?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Vēritās
God

Re: Why are Humans living longer?

Post by Vēritās »

Come to think of it, people living on the equator are constantly traveling at 1,100 MPH. :lol:

Probably buys them a few hours over 90 years.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Imwashingmypirate
God

Re: Why are Humans living longer?

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

Some Schmo wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 7:48 pm
Doctor Steuss wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 4:03 pm
The glow of the "good ole days" tends to cloud how we look at our current time.
I listened to someone (I really wish I could remember the reference) who was saying that studies show the "nostalgia of the good old days" happens to everyone who ages. Every generation feels like they came from a better time (usually when they were younger and knew a lot less about what was happening in the world), when in reality, we remember what we liked and discard most of the bad stuff, never being made aware of most of it, giving us an overall picture of a better time.

That's the only reason the slogan "Make America Great Again" works for some people, like America was once a better place to live overall. In some ways it may have been better for certain people, but it's a much better place to live for a lot more people than it used to be.
I haven't discarded the bad stuff and I still get waves of nostalgia. I heard something about nostalgia recently. It was to do with learning I think. Maybe something to do with neurons. I might get back to you. If I remember I'll go search it.