Trump's Religion vs Obama's Religion

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
drumdude
God

Re: Trump's Religion vs Obama's Religion

Post by drumdude »

What's the Mormon connection to all of this?
IWMP
Pirate

Post by IWMP »

Moksha wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 3:32 am
bill4long wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 1:33 am
Trump's Followers are Cultists, but Obama's Followers Were Not Cultists Because __________________
No monster trucks, scaffolds, buffalo horns, Moroni costumes, or MAGA paraphernalia.
Moroni costumes? Are trump supporters more likely to be LDS?
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 4:55 pm
Indeed. I remember when they made a golden statue of Obama, and Democrats were buying Obama bibles, and Obama shoes, and Obama NFTs, and wearing Obama schwag everywhere they went, getting their vehicles custom wrapped with Obama graphics, holding Obama parades, Democrat politicians making their sole platform how much they support Obama, even going so far as to appoint an Obama relative to head the DNC. Then there was where if you didn't support Obama, you were a DINO, and likely part of the Deep State. I mean, just look at how many Democrat careers were entirely ruined by criticizing Obama, and how many liberal organizations were bankrupted when they brought lawsuits against Obama. So many. So, so many.

Definitely entirely the same.
Indeed. The GOP is the collective lapdog of Trump. There is no real comparison. Not even close.
"Hillary wants to essentially abolish the Second Amendment. By the way, and if she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do folks. Although the Second Amendment people, maybe there is, I dunno.” ~Donald J. Trump not promoting political violence in happier, lighter times.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

drumdude wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 6:43 pm
What's the Mormon connection to all of this?
Definitely belongs in another forum.
"Hillary wants to essentially abolish the Second Amendment. By the way, and if she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do folks. Although the Second Amendment people, maybe there is, I dunno.” ~Donald J. Trump not promoting political violence in happier, lighter times.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

by the way for those who haven't done it yet, there's an exclamation point where you can report the post as off topic. shows up for the mods faster, plus then they know somebody cares about it. I flagged it now, it hadn't been reported yet.
Social distancing has likely already begun to flatten the curve...Continue to research good antivirals and vaccine candidates. Make everyone wear masks. -- J.D. Vance
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Moved thread from Terrestial to Spirit Paradise, UR 5.
he/him
When a Religion is good, I conceive that it will support itself; and when it cannot support itself, and God does not take care to support, so that its Professors are oblig’d to call for the help of the Civil Power, ’tis a Sign, I apprehend, of its being a bad one.

Benjamin Franklin
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

huckelberry wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 6:09 pm
Well Trump has a special spiritual power to know who actually won elections. The power is much better than counting votes which sometimes gets it all wrong.

Some people believe religiously that Trump has this power. Others know it is a joke but are willing to go along with the joke.
Others see this Big Lie as the centerpiece for Trump's latest grift. A grift that will keep him out of jail, bring him millions of dollars, and let him oversee the dissolution of the United States.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
bill4long
Stake President

Post by bill4long »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 4:55 pm
Indeed. I remember when they made a golden statue of Obama, and Democrats were buying Obama bibles, and Obama shoes, and Obama NFTs, and wearing Obama schwag everywhere they went, getting their vehicles custom wrapped with Obama graphics, holding Obama parades, Democrat politicians making their sole platform how much they support Obama, even going so far as to appoint an Obama relative to head the DNC.
And school teachers were having their kiddos sing praises to the man.

I remember. Like it was yesterday.

One man's cult leader is another man's trash.

P.S. The first cult-of-personality leader in these United States was George Washington.
The views and opinions expressed by Bill4Long could be wrong and are subject to change at any time. Viewer discretion is advised.
bill4long
Stake President

Post by bill4long »

Kishkumen wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 9:39 pm
Indeed. The GOP is the collective lapdog of Trump. There is no real comparison. Not even close.
Bad take. A huge percentage of Republicrat RINOs in the Senate and House are globalist uni-party loyalists and hate Trump. Just look at how they have dealt with the border crisis contra the clear failure of Traitor Joe. (See Article 4 Section 4 of the U.S. Constitution for an example.)
The views and opinions expressed by Bill4Long could be wrong and are subject to change at any time. Viewer discretion is advised.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

bill4long wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 2:47 am

1. How many people were involved in the "violent coup"?
More than 10,000 with at least 2,000 entering the building.
2. How many were armed with firearms?
Before or after Trump ordered to have the "mags" removed? Trump knew people were armed and he wanted it that way: 'I don't f--king care that they have weapons. They're not here to hurt me" is what Trump said according to White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson. This kind of passion to have mags removed suggests he knew they'd be armed and he wanted them to remain armed. This pathetic piece of crap was told his VP could be killed and Trump said he deserved it.
3. The ones that were not armed with firearms (most of them were not), why didn't they bring their guns to the "violent coup"?
How many need to be armed before it counts as a violent coup?
"I've talked to officers who have done two tours in Iraq who said this was scarier to them than their time in combat," Robert J. Contee III, the acting chief of Washington, D.C.'s Metropolitan Police Department, said in January. Federal court records, included in NPR's database of more than 300 criminal cases, allege that at least three dozen people who took part in the riot used or possessed some kind of weapon that day.
4. Were most Trump supporters in favor of this "violent coup?"
They knew they were illegally trespassing on Federal grounds. The barriers were knocked over and they willing followed the crowd that was chanting violent threats like "Hang Mike Pence."
5. Are the Trump supporters - who were not in favor of the "violent coup" - cultists?
Anyone supporting Trump at that point is a cultist.
6. Can one be a Trump supporter and not be a cultist?
At this point no. He's a career criminal and a threat to the American way.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18