Trump's Religion vs Obama's Religion

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Some Schmo
God

Re: Trump's Religion vs Obama's Religion

Post by Some Schmo »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 3:32 pm
*edit - I should explain myself with regard to Romney. I thought he had figured out universal healthcare, and I believed he could move us to that with good policy and little political damage since he is an R
I'll tell you what... if Romney ran this cycle, I would be inclined to vote for him. He has his faults, but with more information over the years, I can't help see him as a guy of integrity. I think he might make a decent President.

There's no way I could say that 12 years ago.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
bill4long
Bishop

Post by bill4long »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 2:47 pm
If you have such a clear memory, how many teachers and how many schools are we talking about?
Several.

I can't remember anyone singing songs of praise to Trump.
The views and opinions expressed by Bill4Long could be wrong and are subject to change at any time. Viewer discretion is advised.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

bill4long wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 7:38 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
If you have such a clear memory, how many teachers and how many schools are we talking about?
Several.

Nope. You're remembering the hissy fit that right wingers threw over a black teacher in New Jersey who wrote a song during Black History month celebrating the election of the first black President. It was performed by her class a couple of times, one of which was videoed. It's what you wingers do -- you blow up small things that happen and generate fake moral panics.

As for not remembering anyone signing songs of praise for Trump, maybe you need to should be taking ivermectin to improve your memory. I mean, how could you forget the Freedom Kids: https://bhsowl.org/5244/hoots/the-catch ... p-anthems/
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

bill4long wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 7:38 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Several.

While some people were too busy writing books that he was the Son of Man, there were indeed some "singing songs of praise."

Like "Trump is Your President" by Bryson Gray, and "MAGA Stepping," and "Gun "Totin' Patriot."

There was also the fun little USA Freedom Kids performance of "Freedom's Call." No word on if they dropped their lawsuit against Trump because he finally decided to pay them what was contracted, or if they gave up once they realized he's a pro at abusing the court system to avoid paying people. Ironically, they later retooled the song with Biden's little "Build Back Better" slogan, and switched up a lyric that "instead of a having a president that fights with Americans, we need a president hat fights for Americans." Lol.

ETA: Danged slow sausage fingers. Res beat me to the punch with the Freedom Kids.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

I remember getting a little triggered when my kid old told me he learned a lot about President Trump in Pre-K, but then I calmed down when I remembered it is common for kids to learn about the current President. I remember learning positive things about Carter, Reagan and Bush, while I was in school. I've never heard of anyone telling kids to "sing" praises to Obama though. It seems like that would be something FOX News would have put on the air every night if true. Large crowd sizes for Obama were bigger than those for Trump. The difference is they wanted to be part of history, helping elect the first black President. But once he became President, he went to work. Once Trump became President, he continued holding rallies for himself because he loved the attention.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

I think Res called it that Bill is repeating something he heard in right-wing media. I had a kid in public school in CA with liberal Principals and teachers, and there was no singing about Obama.
Last edited by Gadianton on Fri May 17, 2024 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

So after four pages of this nonsense, it seems the verdict is clear. Obama's supporters were never acting like a cult.

Trumpism however is a cult. A suicide cult to some. Think of the people who give up their lives like Ashley Babbitt, and the untold sums of people who have thrown their entire careers and reputations away at the service of their orange master (Cohen, Manafort, Bannon, Navarro, Giuliani, etc). Also think of the tens of thousands of Americans who died from COVID only because they thought that refusing to be vaccinated was going to somehow stick it to the Libs.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »