The Trump Criminal Case MEGATHREAD.

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: The Trump Criminal Case MEGATHREAD.

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 2:04 am
Trump, after repeatedly and vigorously stating he’d take the stand.. doesn’t take the stand.

- Doc
“The mob takes the Fifth. If you're innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” ~ DJT in 2016
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Trump, after repeatedly and vigorously stating he’d take the stand.. doesn’t take the stand.

- Doc
It's only fun "defending yourself" when there's no real penalty for lying.

I'd wager that Trump wanted to take the stand, and it took a significant amount of convincing from his lawyers to prevent it.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 3:03 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

- Doc
It's only fun "defending yourself" when there's no real penalty for lying.

I'd wager that Trump wanted to take the stand, and it took a significant amount of convincing from his lawyers to prevent it.
Trump can't control his lying. He would have multiple counts of perjury.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Trump explains why he didn’t take the stand

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

https://youtu.be/aJZwKHOpe6U?si=oyqkwGbVkTil8R1x

It’s a doozy of a lead-brained Boomer word salad, that literally makes no sense.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jack Smith has filed a motion to amend Trump's conditions of release in the classified documents case. https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 81.0_1.pdf

Smith doesn't play around.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Go back to 2019 for 30 minutes.

Michael Cohen Complete Opening Statement (C-SPAN)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ekea_MLxYYI

Elijah Cummings closing statements

Elijah Cummings' closing remarks at Cohen hearing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72gy-LZ4UN0

If Elijah Cummings were alive today I just wonder what he would think.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Lol @ Dozin’ Don. He brought his own children to court and threw them under the bus. Smfh.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

De Niro outside the courthouse earlier today. Listen and see if you can hear it the way I hear it. I don't think he intended to, but he describes a pattern of behavior in DJT that you can apply to all of his relationships...public, political, and personal. You can take any of his descriptions and apply it out of context to any of those areas of his life. Try it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwIjy1I71ws

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Example of one of the patterns that De Niro addressed. Read that in light of Cohen's testimonies about how Trump operated.

The “Taxi Driver” and “The Godfather Part II” movie star described Trump as a threat to the United States, and said that Trump fomented violence and destruction during the deadly riot at the U.S. Capitol Jan. 6, 2021, by a mob of his supporters.

De Niro said he decided to lend his talents to a Biden-Harris campaign ad “because it shows the violence of Trump.”

“But it’s a coward’s violence,” said De Niro. “You think Trump ever threw a punch himself, or took one? This guy who ran and hid in the White House bunker when there were protesters outside? No way.”

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

De Niro again. Switch out President for real estate hustler and insert lying his way into the White House pretending to be a spokesman for the country-a spokesperson for himself.

“We New Yorkers used to tolerate him when he was just another grubby real estate hustler masquerading as a big shot. A two-bit playboy lying his way into the tabloids, pretending to be a spokesman — a spokesperson for himself,” De Niro said.

Slava Ukraini!