What is Gravity?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Valo
Priest

Re: What is Gravity?

Post by Valo »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 9:54 am
Valo wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 2:45 am

When Jesus the Christ was on the Earth was God acting or being acted upon or both? I think both.
I think I can visualise "god" being like quantum matters throughout existence and the idea of changing states. But that would be a different idea of what the word god means.

But also, my concern would be that if God changed state to be within Christ, then what was holding the universe together? Or did this exist in two states at the same time?
Who has the "real" definition of God? I mean, who on Earth can authoritatively tell you who or what God is? :)

The Eternal Father, He doesn't change states. He imparts a part of himself, He has given a "seed" of Himself to others through which God experiences the Universe. Also I'm trying to describe an idea that doesn't do very well with language so there is that. :)

Like dividing a light beam maybe.

I think perhaps a good way to visualize the situation is like in the Matrix or a simulator. I am not saying it's literally this, but, one way to visualize it is that we exist inside of a simulator. That God created the simulator and inside the simulator is this Universe. At anytime or "all of the time" God can "see" and experience the "simulator" through a "character" or all the charaters in the simulator.

At no point does the "real, physical" God lose control of the simulator. He works in a symbiotic relationship with those in His creation or in the creation inside the simulator, through the simulator,
but He is not really inside the simulator. He can project Himself in to the thoughts and ideas of those "player characters" in the simulator. Like a Dungeon Master from D&D. :D

It can also be seen in the idea of a "far out dream" where being God, you could dream anything you wanted. But that's a bit harder to accept and therefore see, I think.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Sounds like religion. And remember what we agreed that was?
Valo
Priest

Post by Valo »

Gadianton wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 2:23 pm
Valo wrote:God exist outside of the Universe. The Ether is "pressurizing" our Universe and is the fundamental cause for all things we observe as our Universe and all it's laws. God is the source of the Ether.
In the spirit of H's observation about folk tales: A witchdoctor and a priest in ancient times meet to discuss what keeps the earth from falling. The witchdoctor insists the earth rides on the back of a turtle. The priest quickly agrees, seeing the witchdoctor is backed by a hundred men with spears and also with shields made of turtle shells. But then he asks, what then keeps the turtle from falling? The witchdoctor is stunned. His first thought is another turtle, but that couldn't be right, he needs something stronger, maybe an ape? The priest considers the ape for a moment. He tells the witchdoctor this is not so, because nothing on earth is stronger than the shell of a turtle. The witchdoctor is quick to nod, but as he does, the priest continues to speak, explaining that the turtle is held up by the power of his god, Uchfaw. The witchdoctor gasps. But seeing the priest is backed by twenty-five men with swords, he admits the proposition at least makes sense. The priest then says to the witchdoctor, come, my new friend, now that we've arrived at the truth, let us trek together with our men to the village yonder and destroy every living thing, for they believe in a great heresy: they believe the earth rides upon the back of a filthy otter.
Sounds like the institutions of science.

So called "vaccines" that cause cancers, heart attacks, blood clots, nuclear bombs, systematic torture of humans and animals, snake oil, pills for problems they create, etc.

Behold, The god of science! :D
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Valo wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 2:48 pm

So called "vaccines" that cause cancers, heart attacks, blood clots, nuclear bombs, systematic torture of humans and animals, snake oil, pills for problems they create, etc.

Competition gotcha down?
Valo
Priest

Post by Valo »

honorentheos wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 2:54 pm
Valo wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 2:48 pm

Competition gotcha down?
What's that? :D
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Thanks for confirming what's going on here. ;)
Valo
Priest

Post by Valo »

honorentheos wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 3:09 pm
Thanks for confirming what's going on here. ;)
And what did I confirm for you?
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

That pepper jack, while not really it's own kinda cheese as such, is fine on a burger if that's what you want on a burger.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

The original ether theory, even if wrong, explained something; it was a medium for light waves to propagate through.

Your version of ether doesn't explain anything, even within your own model. we can just say God causes electricity directly. We don't need a second cause, ether, that can't be measured when we have God as the first cause, satisfying our desperate faith, who can directly influence electrons, which can be measured.

Why not say ether flows out of planets, or flows the opposite way as electrons on wires and that explains gravity and electricity? there's no reason to believe it one way or another, because ether is just a redundant black box.
High Spy
First Presidency

Post by High Spy »

Gadianton wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 4:15 pm

. . . redundant black box . . .

(Behold the big blue jug, rather than a redundant black cube) ⚔️