Do you have the anonymous method set back up? Or did I miss something?
Not yet. I'm going to keep trying, though.
I have kept trying, and although I figured out a way to donate using a credit card instead of PayPal, I wasn't able to make donors anonymous. . . much as I wanted to. So we're more or less back at square one. . . unless you take me at my word that I would never use your name, email address, and street address to stalk you, harass you, or spam you.
Two more generous individuals have donated $280.00 between them, so the remainder of our goal is:
$364.07
I appreciate you both so much! Heartfelt thanks incoming!
Make the goal $2000. There's nothing wrong with you making a little bit of money off hosting a discussion board!
Maybe not, but I'd like to preserve my integrity among potential donors.
Say something like, The annual cost of keeping the board online is around $800. I'm setting the fundraising goal at $2000. Anything above $800 will compensate me for the time I spend maintaining and moderating the board.
Asking for more money than we actually need feels, . . . perverse.
.
"When the Mormon God requires a PR crisis to act moral, we've clearly outgrown him."
I have kept trying, and although I figured out a way to donate using a credit card instead of PayPal, I wasn't able to make donors anonymous. . . much as I wanted to. So we're more or less back at square one. . . unless you take me at my word that I would never use your name, email address, and street address to stalk you, harass you, or spam you...
Those aren't the only reasons people seek anonymity, but I appreciate your word that you would avoid those spcific activities.
Say something like, The annual cost of keeping the board online is around $800. I'm setting the fundraising goal at $2000. Anything above $800 will compensate me for the time I spend maintaining and moderating the board.
Asking for more money than we actually need feels, . . . perverse.
I don’t see an issue with holding funds that will be applied to future hosting payments. It doesn’t have to be that spare funds are immediately spent by the proprietor as ‘personal compensation’ as suggested upstream.
Maintaining a separate bank account for that would be the easiest and most ethical way to do this, but doing so might generate its own additional cost, depending on your bank. Mine allows at least one other account without a monthly fee.