Crazy Progressives watch thread

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Atlanticmike
God

Crazy Progressives watch thread

Post by Atlanticmike »

I thought I would start a thread so we can talk about how crazy some of the progressives in the Democratic party are. I mean, hell, half the threads on here are about bashing Trump, Republicans and anyone who would come close to even considering what conservatives stand for.
So to start, here's one of my favorite post I've found in Spirit Paradise so far, it was written on April 13. ""Republicans are all the evil they accused Democrats of being, and their base is too stupid to notice. They keep voting against their own interest, so they deserve all the pain they get. It's the only justice possible for their idiotic votes.
A Republican "F"s them up the ass with a barbed wire wrapped stick, and the base can see it's a Republican reaming them, yet all they can do is say, "that feels like a Democrat dick to me..." they represent the exact definition of Stockholm Syndrome.""
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Crazy Progressives watch thread

Post by Jersey Girl »

Define progressives.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:41 pm
I thought I would start a thread so we can talk about how crazy some of the progressives in the Democratic party are. I mean, hell, half the threads on here are about bashing Trump, Republicans and anyone who would come close to even considering what conservatives stand for.
Are you talking about what Republicans and conservatives used to stand for (much of which was admirable), or what they stand for and are trying to promote now? There is a huge difference between the two!

And what do you think progressives stand for that is so deplorable to you, other than justly opposing pointing out Trump's failures and self-serving corruption?
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Atlanticmike wrote:
I will grant you that the extreme left (something like 15% of Democratic voters) are damned nuts. The want to restrict free speech and have crazy, stupid damned slogans like "defund the police."

But that is nothing compared to Trump and his base's insane attitude toward everything, especially reality, and how they don't give a damn about what the founding fathers stood for. Dude, Trump is not a conservative. I mentioned this before and you decided to ignore it. When you attempt to equate the Trump platform with actual conservative thought, it makes me think you haven't thought any of this crap through. You'd like to claim you think for yourself, but there is nothing in what you write to prove it.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Some Schmo wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:17 am
I will grant you that the extreme left (something like 15% of Democratic voters) are stupid nuts.
So there is an 85% sanity rate for Democrats vs a 4% sanity rate for Republicans? Trump support really took a toll.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:09 am
Atlanticmike wrote:
So to start, here's one of my favorite post I've found in Spirit Paradise so far, it was written on April 13. ""Republicans are all the evil they accused Democrats of being, and their base is too stupid to notice. They keep voting against their own interest, so they deserve all the pain they get. It's the only justice possible for their idiotic votes.
A Republican "F"s them up the ass with a barbed wire wrapped stick, and the base can see it's a Republican reaming them, yet all they can do is say, "that feels like a Democrat dick to me..." they represent the exact definition of Stockholm Syndrome.""
Define progressives.
The modern day progressives of today that I'm talking about are Democrats who are try to push the 1619 initiative and critical race theory. In my opinion, critical race theory is mental slavery. No matter how you want to explain what critical race theory is, or what it's trying to accomplish, ultimately, what upsets me about critical race theory the most is the fact that it places a new born baby just plopping out of the birth canal in one of two categories, the baby is either an oppreser or it's oppressed, all based on the color of the babies skin. It's a form of modern day slavery.
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Some Schmo wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:17 am
Atlanticmike wrote:
I will grant you that the extreme left (something like 15% of Democratic voters) are stupid nuts. The want to restrict free speech and have crazy, stupid stupid slogans like "defund the police."

But that is nothing compared to Trump and his base's insane attitude toward everything, especially reality, and how they don't give a damn about what the founding fathers stood for. Dude, Trump is not a conservative. I mentioned this before and you decided to ignore it. When you attempt to equate the Trump platform with actual conservative thought, it makes me think you haven't thought any of this crap through. You'd like to claim you think for yourself, but there is nothing in what you write to prove it.

I think you and I are going to find a lot of common ground, I also can't stand the whole defund the police movement. And just so you know, I don't think Trump was a conservative. He was a sledgehammer and he was clearing a path for Ron Desantis to become your next President in 2024. 😁
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Atlanticmike wrote:
What you quoted sounds like something I wrote. If you think this represent progressive thought, well... yeah, I understand why people want you to explain what you mean by progressive, because there is nothing in that quote that even approaches a description of progressives.

Observing that people who call themselves conservative aren't really conservative doesn't take a progressive. It just takes eyes and ears.

I call myself an independent in this country because I do not want to be confused with someone who ascribes to America's wacky brand of "conservatism." Keeping your nuts in a vice and asking people to tighten it, please, is not my idea of conservatism.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:58 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:09 am

Define progressives.
The modern day progressives of today that I'm talking about are Democrats who are try to push the 1619 initiative and critical race theory. In my opinion, critical race theory is mental slavery. No matter how you want to explain what critical race theory is, or what it's trying to accomplish, ultimately, what upsets me about critical race theory the most is the fact that it places a new born baby just plopping out of the birth canal in one of two categories, the baby is either an oppreser or it's oppressed, all based on the color of the babies skin. It's a form of modern day slavery.
Atlanticmike, Learning about history and Americas slavery is painful. I suppose it is easier just to not learn it and stick with Aunt Jemima. It takes a bit of emotional maturity to deal with the history of the United States. It is sometimes inspiring and sometimes sickening. That is the real world. I can understand a view that first graders should not be troubled by the ugly realities of American use of slavery and the brutality which has been visited upon black Americans. But as we grow we become emotionally more mature. Part of that maturing process is exposure to problems and things which do not fit our expectations.
Brack
Deacon

Post by Brack »

I will grant you that the extreme left (something like 15% of Democratic voters) are stupid nuts. The want to restrict free speech and have crazy, stupid stupid slogans like "defund the police."

I believe the "defund the police" slogan was the main reason why Democrats lost a few House seats from the November 2020 election.