Republican Leaders in Michigan Bitch Slap Trump

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

Republican Leaders in Michigan Bitch Slap Trump

Post by Philo Sofee »

The Republicans who went to the meeting with Trump so he could dictate to them how to help him win Michigan said the VOTERS have chosen, one cannot over turn THEIR choice. On CNN tonight.
GO DUDES!!!

Georgia's recount of EVERY vote shows Biden wins Georgia as well. Go home Donald, you lost.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Republican Leaders in Michigan Bitch Slap Trump

Post by Jersey Girl »

We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
subgenius
Stake President

Post by subgenius »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:27 am
The Republicans who went to the meeting with Trump so he could dictate to them how to help him win Michigan said the VOTERS have chosen, one cannot over turn THEIR choice. On CNN tonight.
GO DUDES!!!

Georgia's recount of EVERY vote shows Biden wins Georgia as well. Go home Donald, you lost.
That's not an accurate summary of what occurred or even what is being reported. Also not sure where you heard that Trump was intending to dictate anything.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

——o O o——

Oh. So good.
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:37 am
I'd really like to believe these people are just pretending to be this damned dumb, but they do support Trump, after all.

It's like a huge percentage of the population doesn't know where to begin when it comes to following facts to their logical conclusion... probably because they've never had much practice following facts.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Those Michigan GOP leaders had not gotten the Kremlin message of toppling the USA via a coup. You've got to admire their patriotism over Trumpian ideology.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

subgenius wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:44 am
Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:27 am
GO DUDES!!!

That's not an accurate summary of what occurred or even what is being reported. Also not sure where you heard that Trump was intending to dictate anything.

Oh, I think people had a pretty reasonable basis for forming a view of what was discussed at the meeting from two things:

(1) The statement issued by the Michigan Republicans after their meeting (see below), of which the final third is devoted to stating that Michigan's electoral votes will go to (wait for it) ... the candidate who wins the most votes in Michigan. And they say that they have not been made aware of any "information that would change the outcome of the election", so in default of that they "will follow the law and will follow the normal process regarding Michigan's electors, just as they have said throughout the election." Funny they should feel the need to say that if their meeting with Trump was purely about attempting to get more funds for COVID-related expenditure.

(2) Trump's activity since the election has been pretty well wholly focussed on finding ways to cast the election in doubt and remain president. To achieve that aim he has had his enablers launch a stack of 'forlorn hope' lawsuits that, frankly, make him look desperate. And only last Thursday, Sidney Powell, one of Trump’s lawyers, told the Fox Business Network “The entire election, frankly, in all the swing states should be overturned and the legislatures should make sure that the electors are selected for Trump”. He has taken time to talk on the phone to Michigan Republicans who were reluctant to certify the county vote that includes Detroit (with a big Biden majority). This stuff is on his mind. The idea that in the midst of this existential crisis Trump took time to summon senior Michigan Republicans to the Führerbunker just to talk about a bit of extra funding for COVID stuff is not logically impossible, but in the real world sounds pretty far-fetched.

Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Trump never seems to get tired of losing.

For a couple weeks now, everyone once in a while, just out of the blue, I find myself breaking out a big Ace Ventura "Ah-looo... Ah-ser... Loser... Looooooooser!" It makes me smile.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

I hope Biden reinstates Colonel Vindman. That should further bitch slap the orange evil as well as right a wrong.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace