Vaccines and Therapeutics 2.0 & 3.0 Merge

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Vaccines and Therapeutics 3.0

Post by Jersey Girl »

Hello All!

Here's a new V&T thread for us to post on. It's possible that the thread we've been using (which is technically the 2nd one in the series) could possibly be moved or repaired by the new mod team, split, or who knows? I reported it a while back and since our mods are starting to go to work, I wanted to start this new one.

It's possible that if a mod chooses to split, they can merge the on topic remarks back into this one or vice versa. Anyway, don't sweat it. Nothing we've posted on topic previously will be lost in the process.

Forward ho the wagons!

Jersey Girl

Link to V&T 2.0 for reference as it stands right now: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=169
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Vaccines and Therapeutics 3.0

Post by Jersey Girl »

How many here are planning to take the 3rd jab when advisable? Do you feel like the recommended timing of the 3rd jab seems confusing?

I'm not clear on that myself. I do know we'll take it. No question about it!
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

I'm in my 70's, still no word from my provider (Kaiser) other than to say they will be giving a 3rd dose. (I had Pfizer). I think they want to wait a few more months.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:09 am
How many here are planning to take the 3rd jab when advisable? Do you feel like the recommended timing of the 3rd jab seems confusing?

I will too. But the information on timing is still very unclear in my state, also.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:43 am
I'm in my 70's, still no word from my provider (Kaiser) other than to say they will be giving a 3rd dose. (I had Pfizer). I think they want to wait a few more months.
I thought 'they' originally said 6 months out? I haven't received anything about time frame either. :?:

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Lem wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:44 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:09 am

I will too. But the information on timing is still very unclear in my state, also.
I'm wondering if that's because 'they' recently introduced the concept of the 3rd jab? That's how 'they' roll it out? Also wondering if it will be going to groups and stages again. I thought I had read that the first round would go to essential personnel and elderly.

I could be completely wrong in that regard.

Slava Ukraini!
DaveIsHere
Teacher

Post by DaveIsHere »

Hello, new user. Fully vaxxed, got the Moderna. Here's my two cents.

No one is asking you to storm the beaches of anywhere, much less Normandy. Most of the you, myself included, have received several vaccinations for a myriad of diseases. For example ..

Anyone here had Tetinus? Yeah, me neither.

Polio? Negatory.

Small Pox? No way, Josie.

Measles, Mumps, Rubella? Nyet, Nien, and Nope.

That's a bunch of diseases that used (and in a few cases, still do) to kill hundreds of thousands of people every day. These days, not so much, and in Small Pox case, never again(yeah, humanity erased a threat to itself. We bad).

Point is, go get the shot. You've been immunized all your life against various pathogens. You still live, the pathogens not so much. Just go do it.
If a Giant's pronouns are "fee, fi, fi, and fum", does that mean short people's pronouns are "oompa, loompa, and doopity-doo"?
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

I’ll take whatever jabs are necessary to stay healthy. I’ve gotten so many shots and vaccines throughout my life I couldn’t keep count. The idea that now the Demonrats with the shadow puppet government ran by Jews and Bill Gates wants to thin the herd is absurdity at its finest. And yet, here we are. The GQP had completely thrown in with nutjobs and has politicized a damned shot in the arm.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

DaveIsHere wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:18 am

Measles, Mumps,

Yes and yes.

Slava Ukraini!
DaveIsHere
Teacher

Post by DaveIsHere »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:32 am
I’ll take whatever jabs are necessary to stay healthy. I’ve gotten so many shots and vaccines throughout my life I couldn’t keep count. The idea that now the Demonrats with the shadow puppet government ran by Jews and Bill Gates wants to thin the herd is absurdity at its finest. And yet, here we are. The GQP had completely thrown in with nutjobs and has politicized a damned shot in the arm.

- Doc
They hid the nanotracking in the dewormer, but nice antisemitism, bro. Ya do know they're on to you now, right?
If a Giant's pronouns are "fee, fi, fi, and fum", does that mean short people's pronouns are "oompa, loompa, and doopity-doo"?