Election Litigation Status

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Gadianton
God

Re: Election Litigation Status

Post by Gadianton »

Res wrote:OK Sub. Quote the portion of the stipulated facts that constitute evidence of fraud. I can wait.
Trust me, you can't wait that long.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

subgenius wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:49 am
Philo Sofee wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:41 am

It's vastly more awkward that you haven't realized Joe Biden was properly elected as President and will be in office on January 20th.
So, 3 frenetic posts later and it's clear that you have no idea how a Presidential election functions.
It's less embarrassing if you google it yourself.
The Electoral College elected Joe Biden President today. That has functioned that way for centuries. I realize you aren't cognizant of it, but your ignorance is not my liability. Now if you could just inform your pimp how it all works in reality, that might be a step forward for him to pull up his pants and that zipper and you get up off your knees and quit titilating him otherwise.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

subgenius wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:30 am
canpakes wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:03 am

Different votes for different folks.
well its awkward now that i realize you don't know why it's sexy.
Your pride in your own electile dysfunction is noted. : D
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

canpakes wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:14 am
Your pride in your own electile dysfunction is noted. : D
I hate puns. Like. HATE puns.

But, man, every once in a while... You earned this:

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Ref the publicity stunt the magatards pulled today:

https://Twitter.com/StotheOB/status/1338668603382456320

Easily linked for the phone-using m.d.s..
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Post by Bret Ripley »

subgenius wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:33 am
As of today - Trump is President.
Most likely the same will be true on January 21st.
Most likely? I was going to bet you a nickel, but now I think I should ask what odds you're offering.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

OK, I've updated the first post, which summarizes the pending cases. There are a fair number of them still pending, because of the procedures used by the various plaintiffs. They filed complaints together with motions for emergency relief. In many of the cases, the emergency relief was denied and then appealed. When the appeal failed, the case itself was still pending. In others, the case was dismissed before the motion for emergency relief was considered -- these were mostly jurisdictional issues.

Anything that is filed from now on is either going to be past the state law deadlines for election contests or subject to laches (you sat on your ass too long before filing). I expect that most of the cases will be mopped up on motions to dismiss or voluntary dismissals.

Many of the lawsuits are moot, as they ask for remedies that can no longer be awarded (e.g., stop the state from certifying). And most will be moot after inauguration day, as the only way to remove a sitting president is through impeachment. However, some of the complaints could be amended in a way that would allow them to continue. For example, the Kraken cases all make use of Dominion voting machines. If plaintiffs in those cases ask, say, for an injunction against the state to prohibit use of those machines in future elections, the cases may not be moot. In other words, if she really has evidence that Dominion machines changed votes, she can have that evidence tested in court. Right now she's saying she has four cases pending in the Supreme Court. Actually, she has two in the Court of Appeals, one actual petition for certiorari, and one petition for certiorari that attempts to bypass the Court of Appeals completely. Anybody who pays the fee can file a cert petition on a case after losing in the Court of Appeals. So, "pending" as she is using the term doesn't really mean anything. What she doesn't have is a case that the Supreme Court has agreed to hear.

Because I've been interested in the whole process, I've been checking and updating this thread several times a day. Now that the EC has voted, there is little chance of anything dramatic happening in court. So I'll just try to check in at the end of the day with any news.

One takeaway from all this is that Trump and friends have established a huge body of case law that stands as precedent. His use of the legal system to try and attack election integrity has actually strengthened the body of case law that protects election integrity. Next time around, the little boys and girls who cry "fraud" will have a much greater risk of being sanctioned by courts.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Bret Ripley wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:07 am
subgenius wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:33 am
As of today - Trump is President.
Most likely the same will be true on January 21st.
Most likely? I was going to bet you a nickel, but now I think I should ask what odds you're offering.

A nickle? I was thinking more like loser leaves the board forever.
he/him

Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Post by Bret Ripley »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:28 am
(There is a non-zero chance that subgenious is now trying to figure out what the hell you have against me.)
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Bret Ripley wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:19 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:28 am
(There is a non-zero chance that subgenious is now trying to figure out what the hell you have against me.)
LOL!!!
he/him