Trump ended COVID19

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Gunnar
God

Re: Trump ended COVID19

Post by Gunnar »

Texas has now passed California in both total covid-19 cases and total deaths. As of yesterday:

USA: total confirmed cases = 9,282,880. total deaths = 231,493. new cases = 81,001. new deaths = 497

.................................................Texas..........................California

Population:...............................29.13 Million.....................39.94 million

Total cases:.................................942,072............................940,167

Total deaths:................................18,533..............................17,683

New cases:....................................4,555...............................3,683

Trend:..........................................rising...............................flat

Number tested:.............................73,348.............................169,186

Positivity rate:................................8.7%................................3.2%

New deaths:...................................37.....................................5

Trend:.........................................rising................................flat

So as I predicted in an earlier post, Texas has overtaken California in both the total number of cases and number of deaths even in absolute numbers, let alone proportionally. I expect that Florida will as well before the year ends. It appears that, at least currently, California is handling the pandemic better than most of the country, and certainly better than Texas, though I wish it were doing even better. In the last week or so, the number of daily new cases has actually decreased a bit, so our state is apparently doing something right. It is not unreasonable to suppose Texas' statistics would be more than twice as bad were their testing on a par with California's testing performance.

In my home county, with a population of about 97,545, we have had a total of 1,938 cases, 12 deceased, 1,852 recovered, 6 new cases today, 74 known still active cases, and 3 currently hospitalized. The current active positivity rate is 2.7%. Again, I wish it were even better, but it is not too bad, compared to a lot of other communities
Last edited by Gunnar on Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:57 am, edited 4 times in total.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

https://www.stamfordadvocate.com/news/a ... 695855.php

tl;dc - Birx is telling us we’re entering into the deadliest phase yet, and expects us to be hitting 100,000 cases a day this week. The President continues to tell his people we’re “rounding the corner”, whatever that means.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:31 am
The President continues to tell his people we’re “rounding the corner”, whatever that means.

- Doc
I think that is a Trumpism meaning, "Ignore that orange gargoyle behind the curtain who is failing the country so miserably".
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Gunnar this is what I've got as of close of business tonight.

9,470,968 +89,620
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:31 am
https://www.stamfordadvocate.com/news/a ... 695855.php

tl;dc - Birx is telling us we’re entering into the deadliest phase yet, and expects us to be hitting 100,000 cases a day this week. The President continues to tell his people we’re “rounding the corner”, whatever that means.

- Doc
You know, when he says "rounding the corner", he might mean the advent of vaccines.

Doesn't matter. There is no possible way he can redeem himself on his reprehensible hands off handling of the pandemic.

ALL he ever had to do was have his own task force report publicly with updates once a week, support the measures they developed, and use the damn Defense Production Act to fill the gaps where needed. Hospitals are going to experience another shortage of PPE. It's already starting to happen from what I can tell. What about testing kits and supplies? Medical personnel are already being deployed to various parts of the country while he's out there dancing to the Village People and stirring up violence with his damned rhetoric / babble / propaganda / lies wearing that stupid ball cap on that fat head of his.

That "man" doesn't give a good goddamn about anyone but himself. He literally has no conscience. None. Zero. Nada. Zip.

He appoints a task force then promptly starts spitting in their faces. Why? He's trying to maintain is image, his freaking worthless brand, and keep his crooked ass out of jail. His whole deal is distract, distract, distract. People are tired of hearing Covid, Covid, Covid? If he had done his damn JOB we wouldn't be hearing it every 5 seconds and watching the number of new cases and deaths rise like they are.

He is literally responsible for KILLING people. Negligent homicide/genocide. He might as well be crisscrossing the country pouring rounds of ammunition into the American public and watching them drop while he watches with a smirk on his face.

I better shut my mouth now before I flip out entirely.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:30 am
You know, when he says "rounding the corner", he might mean the advent of vaccines.
When he says anything, it's just a nonsensical word salad that people spend too much time parsing, instead of just saying he's a damned moron and moving on. He can say any idiotic thing he wants to, because his base is composed of morons who can't tell he is also a moron.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

These folks had to add a new color -- deep purple -- to their map. At greater than 1000 new cases per million, the Dakotas should have their own color. But not sure what they would use.

he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:17 am

9,470,968 +89,620
What source are you using? There seems to be a bit of disagreement between the various sources. What I refer to most often is the Smartnews.com source.
. I don't have any idea which of the various sources is the most accurate, of course, but the disagreement between them doesn't seem to be very large.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

97,254 new reported cases today. It's only 6:45 ish where I live. They don't freeze the numbers until around midnight.

Thinking this is where we start seeing the 100K+ per day now.

ETA: Our county is ticking right up along with the national numbers.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Gunnar wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:10 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:17 am

9,470,968 +89,620
What source are you using? There seems to be a bit of disagreement between the various sources. What I refer to most often is the Smartnews.com source.
. I don't have any idea which of the various sources is the most accurate, of course, but the disagreement between them doesn't seem to be very large.
The one that Lemmie gave us. It runs the same as the one from Johns Hopkins.

https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/

It looks like yours reported higher for Nov 3 than the one above with: +91,763

Slava Ukraini!