HELP with Mac computer!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Bond...James Bond wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:
silentkid wrote:You evil Mac-haters. I've never had any problems with my Mac, while my PC at work is a piece of junk (bugs, bugs, bugs). I'm just praying they don't try to update to Vista...what a joke that is. My Mac is part of my home recording studio and it works great. I guess if I were a gamer and wanted to get involved in the Burning Crusade, I'd have to get a PC.

silentkid,

Since you are a Mac afficionado, can you venture a guess about the noise this one is making? It sounds like a high pitched eerie sound. I'm starting to get used to it. Or going deaf.

Jersey Girl

Can you mute the thing. Or try turning off, turning on the computer.

Bond

I turned the sound completely off. It's not coming from the speakers. It's coming from inside the monitor. It sounds like twillight zone wave impulses or something.

Jersey Girl
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Bond...James Bond wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:
silentkid wrote:You evil Mac-haters. I've never had any problems with my Mac, while my PC at work is a piece of junk (bugs, bugs, bugs). I'm just praying they don't try to update to Vista...what a joke that is. My Mac is part of my home recording studio and it works great. I guess if I were a gamer and wanted to get involved in the Burning Crusade, I'd have to get a PC.

silentkid,

Since you are a Mac afficionado, can you venture a guess about the noise this one is making? It sounds like a high pitched eerie sound. I'm starting to get used to it. Or going deaf.

Jersey Girl

Can you mute the thing. Or try turning off, turning on the computer.

Bond

I turned the sound completely off. It's not coming from the speakers. It's coming from inside the monitor. It sounds like twillight zone wave impulses or something.

Jersey Girl

That sounds bad. Do you have another monitor. Sometimes monitors are interchangable.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Our other computer crashed a few days ago. This one is an "iMac". Where the other computer has a monitor and tower, on this one, it's all inside the monitor. Go figure. Thanks for your ideas.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Re: HELP with Mac computer!

Post by _Mercury »

Bryan Inks wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:Is there anyone online who knows how to TURN OFF THE BLOODY SOUND on a Mac computer??????????????

Sorry, I have no one else to ask at the moment and it's driving me INSANE.

(So that's what's doing it, you ask?)

Thanks in advance if anyone can help!

As a trained technician, I have developed several very simple ways to resolve issues with Macs.

Option 1: Beat it to tiny pieces with a sledge hammer and replace it with a real computer.

Option 2: Click Here for More information

Option 3: Don't ask questions.

XD

Sorry for the snark. I'm a bit tired and feeling funny.

Q: Whats the worst thing about owning a Mac?

A: Telling your parents your gay.
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

Jersey Girl wrote:Our other computer crashed a few days ago. This one is an "iMac". Where the other computer has a monitor and tower, on this one, it's all inside the monitor. Go figure. Thanks for your ideas.
You are such a user, with a capital U on your forehead. Let me guess, you have an AOL account?

One thing you won't have to do with a Mac is reinstall the OS because of viruses, spyware, bots, etc, and just generally USING it.

The iMac you are using is probably 7-10 years old. Old computer hardware regardless of which OS they run are more likely to have problems.

My wife and kids use a 9 year old iMac, running the current Mac OS(10.4) with no problems. Show me a 9 year old windoze box that can run XP.
_silentkid
_Emeritus

Post by _silentkid »

Jersey Girl: I was going to say the same thing as PP...it sounds like it is a hardware issue.

Vegas: I think the original joke was "What's the most difficult thing about roller-blading?" The answer is the same. Do you know how I know you're gay? You like Coldplay.
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Jersey

Post by _Gazelam »

You said: "It sounds like a high pitched eerie sound. I'm starting to get used to it. "

With all the anti-mormon sites you visit, My guess is you've invited an evil spirit into your computer. Try recording the sound and playing it backwards, maybe theres a hidden message.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Re: Jersey

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

Gazelam wrote:You said: "It sounds like a high pitched eerie sound. I'm starting to get used to it. "

With all the anti-mormon sites you visit, My guess is you've invited an evil spirit into your computer. Try recording the sound and playing it backwards, maybe theres a hidden message.

Call the exorcist if pea soup is projectile vomited out at any point.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Mephitus
_Emeritus

Post by _Mephitus »

I've got an ancient PII that's running XP just fine. Though i should really put '98 on it so i can play some of my old DOS games.
One nice thing is, ze game of love is never called on account of darkness - Pepe Le Pew