Biden Takes Georgia; Violence on Horizon

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: Biden Takes Georgia; Violence on Horizon

Post by Res Ipsa »

Analytics wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:36 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:47 pm
Biden is currently ahead in Georgia, but there are about 25K of various flavors of ballot left to count. I'm also seeing some dialing back of the rhetoric, so, while there may be a few instances of violence, I'm not expecting anything widespread. Law enforcement seems to be keeping things in check.
Trying to articulate my thoughts on the matter, Republicans in the Trump era fit into the following categories:
  1. Mouth breathers who believe the rhetoric (e.g. ldsfaqs)
  2. Republicans who cynically use falsehoods to stir up hate for money and power (Limbaugh, Hannity, Newt Gingrich)
  3. People who enjoy the rhetoric but don't really believe it or take it too literally (my brother?)
  4. Republicans who don't condone (or condemn) the speech but like and support Trump for what he gets done or what he can do for them (Mike Lee?)
  5. Republicans who think integrity matters (Mitt Romney, Lincoln Project, Daniel Peterson)
The members of group I are the scary ones, and members of group II are absolutely evil. Group II will always enable group I and would gleefully watch America burn in order to get their asses kissed and promote their own financial interests. Those cynics are the real enemies of America.

I'm left with two questions:
  1. How big is group I, really?
  2. When things get real, do groups III and IV carry enough influence to calm down the idiots in groups I and II? Do they have the balls to do so?
I'd like to think things will calm down. But if the people in group I are really the base of the GOP, maybe there could be an actual rebellion, led by Republicans who don't want to be accused of being RINOs. It was important in 2000 for Al Gore to concede to George W. Bush. It is vital now for Trump to do so, too. But is he capable of that? I don't think so.

So what happens after Trump fails in the courts?
I think the answer will be found in answering the question "what is best for the rich folks who are setting not-rich Americans against each other to keep them from noticing an immense transfer of wealth from the middle class to the rich?" The relatively small groups of people who own virtually all of the capital in the United States have nothing to gain from all out warfare in the streets. They are making bank off of their successful propaganda efforts to persuade Americans that their biggest enemy is other Americans. Having your consumers killing each other off in the streets is not good for business. So, the assholes making money off all this hatred are going to dial it back and Trump will be given the message to go. Complaint all he wants. But go.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:19 pm
... and most importantly--his army of flying monkeys is dwindling right before his eyes.

Flying monkeys are people who do the narcs bidding. His surrogates. You could think of them in shorthand as "hitmen". Guiliani is one of his flying monkeys, Cohen used to be. The Senate Republicans are his army and they are now openly criticizing him for claiming unsubstantiated fraud and attacking the democratic process.
The ranks of the evil flying monkeys have not broken yet. Even today Sen. Joni Ernst was calling for Biden's impeachment, an Alabama Police Captain wanted to shoot Biden supporters, and Steve Bannon wants to behead people who oppose Trump. What will happen when the evil flying monkeys begin their blitzkrieg?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:11 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:59 pm
Bannon “... said he would go further: "I'd put the heads on pikes. Right. I'd put them at the two corners of the White House as a warning to federal bureaucrats. You either get with the program or you are gone."”

He’s talking about Fauci and Wray.

- Doc
I think the words "The self-described Leninist" should always precede the words "Steve Bannon."
Dumb ass Moron suits me as well.....
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:13 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:11 pm
I think the words "The self-described Leninist" should always precede the words "Steve Bannon."
Dumb ass Moron suits me as well.....
Yep. Drunken douche is also apt.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
subgenius
Stake President

Post by subgenius »

Moksha wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:55 pm
There should be some concern about Trump supporters going into armageddon mode. They have been stockpiling weapons and ammunition for years. Plus they have good reason to believe the Russian army will back them up.
Yes, because the evidence has been overwhelming for one political group to mostly talk, protest, and go to court - while the ither political group mostly whines, protests, burns cities, loots community businesses, attacks people, and are mostly cowardly to the same level as the OP.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

subgenius wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:09 pm
Moksha wrote:
There should be some concern about Trump supporters going into armageddon mode. They have been stockpiling weapons and ammunition for years. Plus they have good reason to believe the Russian army will back them up.
Yes, because the evidence has been overwhelming for one political group to mostly talk, protest, and go to court - while the ither political group mostly whines, protests, burns cities, loots community businesses, attacks people, and are mostly cowardly to the same level as the OP.

Image: Dodge Challenger going to court.
Brack
Deacon

Post by Brack »

Biden is now ahead in Georgia by about 7,000 votes. Biden should end up winning Georgia.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

subgenius wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:09 pm
Moksha wrote:
Time to put your big boy pants on Subgenius, the war against American and our free press is over. It's time to be a real American again. We have a lot of work to do together to actually and honestly Make America Great Again, something Trump had no intention of doing.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:02 pm
Time to put your big boy pants on Subgenius ...
Or not. I seem to remember some sort of row in here a while back about a picture of him in drag being posted without his permission.
Icarus
Bishop

Post by Icarus »

4llgqb.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.