President and FLOTUS Test Positive for Covid-19

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Re: President and FLOTUS Test Positive for Covid-19

Post by _Gunnar »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:27 am
Sorry Jersey Girl. I wrote the OP about Hope Hicks testing positive, but I figured the President and FLOTUS testing positive deserved its own headline. When I can back to the first post, you had posted what I had posted separately. So again, apologies.
I agree that it deserved its own headline. I'm sorry, though, that I didn't see your post about it before I posted mine.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

You owe no one an apology, MeDot. I was just remarking that there were 3 threads going on about virtually the same thing.

My guess...and it's only a guess...is that a ton of contact tracing is going to happen (probably happening right now) and that folks are going to have to go into isolation. I don't know what that means for the functioning of the EB or the campaigns, upcoming debates or anything else but we're about to find out.

I know what I'm doing. I'm going to pray and Hygge myself into oblivion.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Gunnar wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:26 am
One possible scenario, if Biden is elected, is Kamala Harris winding up being President, because of Biden also falling victim to the disease.

Biden seems a lot healthier and more fit than Trump, though. Even if he gets it, I think he has a better chance of recovering than Trump.
I don't know about that. Biden was diagnosed with AFIB some years back and put on daily aspirin. No idea what his health status really is but yes, he does seem to lead a healthier lifestyle than Trump, but we've seen young healthy adults succumb to the virus as well. Fitness doesn't seem to matter all that much. I don't think the medical community has a good handle on that at this point.

I suppose we'll hear about Biden and test results tomorrow. I think they're going to have to keep testing daily all who came in contact because it's not a given that they'll test positive right away.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

Post by _MeDotOrg »

The only place I've been able to find this list is a screen grab from MSNBC:

"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
"We've kept more promises than we've even made"
- Donald Trump
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

One possible upside to this new development could be postponement of the coming Supreme Court nomination hearings. If they can be somehow postponed until inauguration, that will be a big plus -- especially if Biden wins. If he doesn't win, though, not so much.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:48 am
Gunnar wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:26 am
One possible scenario, if Biden is elected, is Kamala Harris winding up being President, because of Biden also falling victim to the disease.

Biden seems a lot healthier and more fit than Trump, though. Even if he gets it, I think he has a better chance of recovering than Trump.
I don't know about that. Biden was diagnosed with AFIB some years back and put on daily aspirin. No idea what his health status really is but yes, he does seem to lead a healthier lifestyle than Trump, but we've seen young healthy adults succumb to the virus as well. Fitness doesn't seem to matter all that much. I don't think the medical community has a good handle on that at this point.

I suppose we'll hear about Biden and test results tomorrow. I think they're going to have to keep testing daily all who came in contact because it's not a given that they'll test positive right away.
We found out just yesterday that an acquaintance of ours a few blocks away and his wife came down with covid-19 like symptoms a few months ago. He got rather sick, but both tested negative for for it, both before and after they recovered. Since then, however, he tested positive for covid-19 anti-bodies, thus proving that he actually had it, after all, despite the initially negative tests.

― Harlan Ellison
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Seriously, this is the best news I've woken up to in, well, I'm not sure how long. A while.

Choke, fu-cker!

Seriously, chemotherapy is to cancer what COVID is to Trump. Let's hope the treatment works.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Gunnar wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:03 am
One possible upside to this new development could be postponement of the coming Supreme Court nomination hearings. If they can be somehow postponed until inauguration, that will be a big plus -- especially if Biden wins. If he doesn't win, though, not so much.
I doubt anything about the Coney Barrett process will be postponed or slowed because of this development.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

What a day. My optimism is through the roof!

I mean, really, the poetic justice in the guy who fu-cked up this country's response to the pandemic dying from the pandemic would seriously make me question my lack of god belief. In fact, I just talked myself out of some optimism. It would be too perfect.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Analytics
_Emeritus

Post by _Analytics »

Some Schmo wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:31 pm
What a day. My optimism is through the roof!

I mean, really, the poetic justice in the guy who fu-cked up this country's response to the pandemic dying from the pandemic would seriously make me question my lack of god belief. In fact, I just talked myself out of some optimism. It would be too perfect.
Since we are dreaming, if he were to die the day after he loses the election, it would avert the constitutional crises of Trump falsely claiming he really won and 50 million people who fantasize of another civil war believing him.
It’s relatively easy to agree that only Homo sapiens can speak about things that don’t really exist, and believe six impossible things before breakfast. You could never convince a monkey to give you a banana by promising him limitless bananas after death in monkey heaven.

-Yuval Noah Harari