The Greatest Most Perfect Spammer of All Time

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Re: The Greatest Most Perfect Spammer of All Time

Post by _Gunnar »

Some Schmo wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:55 pm
Gunnar wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:36 am
Indeed. They often convey the impression that they regard their own willful ignorance and lack of education as somehow virtuous or advantageous.
This behavior has been a mystery to me my entire life. It's not new with Trump; it's just happens to be perfectly compatible with Trump support.

But yeah, some guys seem to take pride in their ignorance, like getting an education will automatically make them snooty or something. It's fu-cking weird. It would be similar to taking pride in smelling like sh-it.
Isaac Asimov said it best:
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."
This perfectly describes the attitude of today's Republicans and conservatives--especially Trump's diehard base, and most certainly Trump himself!

I have known people who seem extremely offended by the mere suggestion or implication that someone else might know or understand something that they don't.
Last edited by Guest on Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

Last edited by Guest on Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »