Election Litigation Status

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: Election Litigation Scorecard

Post by Res Ipsa »

Some Schmo wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:27 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:46 pm
I think the Republican Party is having an identity crisis.
That was a great post.

I wonder if you can get enough McCain/Romney type Republicans to just create a new, sane conservative party. It seems to me there's a pretty huge ideological split in the GOP between racism/nationalism and more traditional Republican values. They're eating each other alive, if they're participating at all.

But it seems to me the only way you get a sane conservative movement going is by rebranding conservatism; you got to get away from the Republican label. Continuing to call conservatism a Republican value is screwing over real conservatives. The GOP is the party of obstruction. Conservatism and obstructionism aren't even close to the same thing.

Rebranding conservatism in this country is a herculean task, though, despite the Trump stench it now has. The GOP base votes like drones no matter what their party's doing.
Thanks. It's been a long time since we've had parties split or die, but it has happened lots throughout our history. Heck, factions of parties sometimes held their own conventions and nominated separate candidates. In my dream world, the end result of this spasm within the republican party ends with four viable national parties: Tea Party, Republican Party, Democratic Party, Progressive Party. Ending the two-party stranglehold means that parties will be forced to compete for votes from the others to do anything and compromise will again become an effective way to get things done.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:37 pm
Some Schmo wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:27 pm

That was a great post.

I wonder if you can get enough McCain/Romney type Republicans to just create a new, sane conservative party. It seems to me there's a pretty huge ideological split in the GOP between racism/nationalism and more traditional Republican values. They're eating each other alive, if they're participating at all.

But it seems to me the only way you get a sane conservative movement going is by rebranding conservatism; you got to get away from the Republican label. Continuing to call conservatism a Republican value is screwing over real conservatives. The GOP is the party of obstruction. Conservatism and obstructionism aren't even close to the same thing.

Rebranding conservatism in this country is a herculean task, though, despite the Trump stench it now has. The GOP base votes like drones no matter what their party's doing.
Thanks. It's been a long time since we've had parties split or die, but it has happened lots throughout our history. Heck, factions of parties sometimes held their own conventions and nominated separate candidates. In my dream world, the end result of this spasm within the republican party ends with four viable national parties: Tea Party, Republican Party, Democratic Party, Progressive Party. Ending the two-party stranglehold means that parties will be forced to compete for votes from the others to do anything and compromise will again become an effective way to get things done.
I hope the parties split into factions. Right now, both parties aren't that different in substance and too beholding to their corporate donors.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:58 pm

I hope the parties split into factions. Right now, both parties aren't that different in substance and too beholding to their corporate donors.
I have some libertarian friends. The legal obstacles to forming a viable national third party are incredible. Rs and Ds are an oligopoly with a vested interest in shutting other parties completely out of the process. I am not a libertarian. But I'm planning to work with them on getting rid of those obstacles so that third parties can become viable entities. I'm not seeing any other viable way to break our current political dynamic of mutual destruction.
he/him

subgenius
Stake President

Post by subgenius »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:10 pm
Dr Exiled wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:58 pm

I have some libertarian friends. The legal obstacles to forming a viable national third party are incredible. Rs and Ds are an oligopoly with a vested interest in shutting other parties completely out of the process. I am not a libertarian. But I'm planning to work with them on getting rid of those obstacles so that third parties can become viable entities. I'm not seeing any other viable way to break our current political dynamic of mutual destruction.
Interesting post Res.
Having been registered as Libertarian for +30 years I have found the challenge to be one of mainstream credibility. Libertarian party organization has always been like the minor leagues. A lot of rough with just a few diamonds. Effective "mainstream" messaging almost seems counter to Libertarian principles.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

New Election contest filed in GA: Wood v. Raffensberger [sic]. Plaintiff is the president of the Georgia Voters Alliance, but is suing as an individual. The petition is very similar to the most recent suit filed in PA. https://www.democracydocket.com/wp-cont ... TITION.pdf

The PA Court of Appeals dismissed Trump’s appeal from the count in Buck’s County. I left these off the summary because the PA Supreme Court’s ruling in the Allegheny County should result in dismissal of them all.
he/him

Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

The Kraken has arrived. Ex-Trump legal team member Sidney Powell has filed two lawsuits, one in GA and one in MI. I’ll post links to the complaints when I find them.

Here is Georgia: https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... wsuit.html

And here is Michigan:
https://www.marklevinshow.com/wp-conten ... -11.25.pdf
Last edited by Res Ipsa on Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
he/him

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Lol. CJ Pearson is a party to the suit, huh? I’ll have to google the other “plaintiffs” to get an idea of just how grifter-y this thing is.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
AZCaesar
Nursery

Post by AZCaesar »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:41 pm
The Kraken has arrived. Ex-Trump legal team member Sidney Powell has filed two lawsuits, one in GA and one in MI. I’ll post links to the complaints when I find them.

Here is Georgia: https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... wsuit.html

And here is Michigan:
https://www.marklevinshow.com/wp-conten ... -11.25.pdf
I love how both of them misspell "district" in the first sentence. One of them does it TWICE. Quality work, there.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

So here comes the lawyer that Trump had thrown off his legal team.

She's bound to do a great job, surely?
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

They misspelled their token’s name, too. This is so goddamn ridiculous and unprofessional. No wonder Xanax is hot for teacher with this one.

- Doc
Last edited by Doctor CamNC4Me on Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.