Protect Us From This Dangerous President

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Re: Protect Us From This Dangerous President

Post by _subgenius »

Chap wrote:
Mayan Elephant wrote:[Trump] beat hillary

Well, and he did it despite getting three million votes less than she did. I mean, that kind of winning is really special.

Not really special at all when you realize that you are an adult.
But think about this, Cleveland scored more runs than Chicago during the World Series, but Chicago won.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Kevin Graham wrote:The problem is our electoral system which counts a vote from Red State South Dakota as being 2-3 times more important than a vote from Blue states like NY and Ca.

Grow up KG and read something that didn't originate on the internet. Your post's ignorance of basic civics and basic American history and even basic critical thinking is becoming a concern.
Your supporting Alabama is simply the icing on the mental cake that is your life.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

subgenius wrote:
Kevin Graham wrote:The problem is our electoral system which counts a vote from Red State South Dakota as being 2-3 times more important than a vote from Blue states like NY and California.

Grow up Kevin Graham and read something that didn't originate on the internet. Your post's ignorance of basic civics and basic American history and even basic critical thinking is becoming a concern.
Your supporting Alabama is simply the icing on the mental cake that is your life.

You can envy me all you want, but what I said is a demonstrable fact that you haven't even begun to address or refute.
Last edited by YahooSeeker [Bot] on Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

subgenius wrote:But think about this, Cleveland scored more runs than Chicago during the World Series, but Chicago won.

A truly stupid analogy if there ever was one.
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

Kevin Graham wrote:
subgenius wrote:But think about this, Cleveland scored more runs than Chicago during the World Series, but Chicago won.

Weird, isn't it?

Three million more Americans voted for Clinton than voted for Trump. However, because of the way the electoral college system works, Trump became President. That's a simple fact. It's true, irrespective of the age or status of the person who states it. That's what facts are like.

Why keep stating it? Well, one reason is the amusement to be gained by watching the reaction of people like subgenius, who are clearly highly annoyed by it being stated, and have no response other than abusing whoever states it!

Keep it coming ...
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Kevin Graham wrote:

yeah, because not being able to grasp the simple understanding for how the winner is determined (a.k.a. having no clue why President is not a popular election) is smart.

(spolier alert - KG does not really understand what an analogy is and how they are used)
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Chap wrote:
Weird, isn't it?

Three million more Americans voted for Clinton than voted for Trump. However, because of the way the electoral college system works, Trump became President. That's a simple fact. It's true, irrespective of the age or status of the person who states it. That's what facts are like.

Why keep stating it? Well, one reason is the amusement to be gained by watching the reaction of people like subgenius, who are clearly highly annoyed by it being stated, and have no response other than abusing whoever states it!

Keep it coming ...

see, you think i am annoyed because that would be source of pleasure for you, that would fit the narrative you have carefully created as a substitute for whatever failed point you had hoped to make...but clearly i enjoy the entertainment found in the parade of butt-hurt.
It seems unlikely that i would be annoyed by the popular vote tally since being an adult has doomed me to understand and appreciate the US system for electing President. It is similar to how even Cleveland fans accept that Chicago won the World Series...and more importantly, they recognize that the Indians lost....because as an adult they understand that it is not about how many runs you score but rather about how many games you win....so to lose the series and then bring up that Cleveland scored more runs does not really matter to a Cubs fan...because the Cubs won...see how that works among adults?
_Mayan Elephant
_Emeritus

Post by _Mayan Elephant »

maybe chap and KG would feel better if Hillary got a trophy.
"Rocks don't speak for themselves" is an unfortunate phrase to use in defense of a book produced by a rock actually 'speaking' for itself... (I have a Question, 5.15.15)
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

subgenius wrote:
Chap wrote:
Weird, isn't it?

Keep it coming ...

see, you think i am annoyed because that would be source of pleasure for you ... <usual reference to butthurt>
It seems unlikely that i would be annoyed by the popular vote tally since being an adult has doomed me to understand and appreciate the US system for electing President. ...

Why, join the club!

Chap wrote:... because of the way the electoral college system works, Trump became President.

See? We can point out that Trump got less votes that Clinton, and even go on to point out that Trump did indeed get made president precisely because of how the US electoral system works, yet out you pop regular as clockwork doing your little dance and singing your little song "butthurt ... adult ... butthurt", dependable as ever.

Why do you let people wind you up in this way? Can't you ever resist it?
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_Mayan Elephant
_Emeritus

Post by _Mayan Elephant »

Chap wrote:
Why do you let people wind you up in this way? Can't you ever resist it?

that may be a reasonable question if it was not asked by the source of the stupidity to be resisted.
"Rocks don't speak for themselves" is an unfortunate phrase to use in defense of a book produced by a rock actually 'speaking' for itself... (I have a Question, 5.15.15)