Trump whistleblower complaint

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Re: Trump whistleblower complaint

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:If true, Trump essentially asked a powerful foreign national and head of state to attack and undermine a political rival's family. And he did this while withholding foreign aid that was intended to counteract Russian expansion.

- Doc

Yeah, Doc, but lying lying lying liberals.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Res Ipsa wrote:...but lying lying lying liberals.

Show me a Republican who doesn't lie and I'll show you a brand new independent.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Res Ipsa wrote:Yeah, Doc, but lying lying lying liberals.

I swear to god ldsfaqs is working off a lazy A.I. algorithm:

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

Post by _MeDotOrg »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:If true, Trump essentially asked a powerful foreign national and head of state to attack and undermine a political rival's family. And he did this while withholding foreign aid that was intended to counteract Russian expansion.

- Doc

Yeah, Doc, but lying lying lying liberals.

If Trump was so concerned about corruption in the Ukraine, he made a curious choice hiring Paul Manafort as his campaign manager.
"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
"We've kept more promises than we've even made"
- Donald Trump
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

Post by _MeDotOrg »

Trump just authorized releasing a transcript of the conversation with Ukrainian President Zelensky.

I would assume he would not release the transcript before he had read it. Curious that he says he will release a transcript of the conversation while at the same time blocking the release of the whistleblower report.
"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
"We've kept more promises than we've even made"
- Donald Trump
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

MeDotOrg wrote:Trump just authorized releasing a transcript of the conversation with Ukrainian President Zelensky.

I would assume he would not release the transcript before he had read it. Curious that he says he will release a transcript of the conversation while at the same time blocking the release of the whistleblower report.
The goal clearly is to distract from the whistleblower report, but it does show some fruit from getting more serious about impeachment.

That said, given that this admin has shown an affinity for doctored documents, I am not sure of how much value this is from the office of President Sharpie.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

MeDotOrg wrote:Trump just authorized releasing a transcript of the conversation with Ukrainian President Zelensky.

you mean the report that was by a person with no firsthand knowledge, no evidence, or actual witness of the phone call?...yeah, such a mystery and so reasonable for one to want to see such a rumor report.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

So...Pelosi is supposed to announce a formal impeachment inquiry today and Trump says they'll release the call transcript tomorrow.

Isn't that bassackwards to what I should be?

Is Pelosi forcing his hand?

Is he forcing hers to make her look like a fool tomorrow--much ado about nothing?
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Jersey Girl wrote:So...Pelosi is supposed to announce a formal impeachment inquiry today and Trump says they'll release the call transcript tomorrow.

Is Pelosi forcing his hand?

Is he forcing hers to make her look like a fool tomorrow--much ado about nothing?

Okay so she apparently has done it. Didn't watch it yet. I'm so tired of Trump's theatrics and chaos making. We need to take our country back.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

Jersey Girl wrote:So...Pelosi is supposed to announce a formal impeachment inquiry today and Trump says they'll release the call transcript tomorrow.

Not really.

A bank as been robbed. After a bunch of evidence is released that makes it look like you robbed that bank, you go on TV and say you robbed the bank, but so what if you did? Your attorney goes on TV and says that while you may have robbed a bank, bank robbing is very cool.

Just because you've agreed to release a picture of the outfit you were wearing the day of the bank robbery doesn't mean there isn't already enough evidence for prosecutors to look into whether you robbed that bank.