Juicy Smollet Trial

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Juicy Smollet Trial

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

K Graham wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:15 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:06 pm

Who’s talking about illegalities? I’m suggesting if Lemon pulled a Cuomo so Smollett could navigate a disaster of his own making, then that impugns CNN’s and Lemon’s journalistic integrity. All I’m suggesting is for CNN to investigate Lemon’s activities with regard to Smollett so CNN can maintain its integrity and credibility.

- Doc
I haven't followed the Cuomo thing. From what I gather, he tried to advise his brother.
Well. Dig around a little bit. Chris Cuomo used CNN resources to dig up dirt on his brother’s accusers and then fed that information to his brother’s team. I think there are some other things floating like sexual harassment, but it’s all vague since all parties are keeping a fairly tight lid on Chris’ behaviors. I think CNN did the right thing by firing him.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

I'm glad he's gone then. FOX or Brietbart would just congratulate one of their guys for doing far worse.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Here's a good quote from the esteemed Robin Robert's who brought Jussie Smollet on for a very sympathetic interview shortly after he was attacked and assaulted by two Trump supporters because he was gay and black.

JUSSIE SMOLLETT, ACTOR: I'm an advocate. I respect too much the people who I am now one of those people who have been attacked in any way. You do such a disservice when you lie about things like this.

ROBIN ROBERTS, ABC NEWS HOST: If the attackers are never found, how will you be able to heal?

SMOLLETT: I don't know. Let's just hope that they are. You know what I'm saying? Like let's -- let's not go there yet. Let's -- I was talking to a friend and I said I just want them to find them and she said, sweetie, they're not going to find them. That just made me so angry.

Hannity also points out this is not the first time the mainstream media has rushed to judgment and ended up with egg on their face,
Professor, Rittenhouse, you've got Richard Jewell -- you'll run through the list here. You got Nicholas Sandmann. You've got Cambridge police. You've got Ferguson, Missouri. You got Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman. You've got Freddie Gray in Baltimore.

You got UVA. You got Duke Lacrosse. It's -- then you got the three and a half year Russia lie against Donald Trump. It never ends and they never are held accountable very seldomly held accountable.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Jussie Smollett‘s exclusive interview with Robin Roberts aired on “Good Morning America” on Thursday.

It was the singer and “Empire” star’s first sit-down interview since he was brutally attacked in Chicago earlier this month.

From the moment the interview began, it was clear to see – not only is Jussie hurt emotionally, but he is also angry about the speculation surrounding his attack.

Read a few quotes from the interview below.

On the moments leading up to the attack:

[Jussie was on the phone with his manager when the attack happened.]

While he was on the phone I heard, I was crossing the intersection, I heard ‘Empire!’ I don’t answer to ‘Empire.’ My name ain’t ‘Empire.’

[Then someone yelled a racial slur at him.]

So I turned around and said ‘What the f**k did you just say to me’ and I see the attacker masked. He said ‘This MAGA country n***er’ and he punched me in the face so I punched his a** back.

On his attackers putting a rope around his neck:

I noticed the rope around my neck and I started screaming ‘There’s a f***ing rope around my neck!’

On being doused with bleach:

I smelled bleach. I know the smell of bleach and I saw on my sweatshirt it had marks on it – like spots on it when you have a bad bleach job. So, then I was like, ‘There’s bleach on me too!’

Jussie Smollett on why he waited to contact police:

There’s a level of pride there. We live in a society where as a gay man you are considered somehow to be weak and I’m not weak. I am not weak and we as a people are not weak.

On when the police arrived:

When the police came, I kept the clothes on me…I kept the rope. It wasn’t wrapped around [my neck], but it was around because I wanted them to see. I wanted them to see what this was.

I told them what happened and I also asked them to turn their body cams off.

On why he refused to turn over his phone to police:

I‘m sorry, but I’m not going to do that! I have private pictures and videos and numbers.

My partner’s number, my family’s numbers, my castmates’ numbers, my friends’ numbers, my private emails, my songs.

On his doubters:

It feels like if I had said it was a Muslim or a Mexican or someone black I feel like the doubters would have supported me a lot much more and that It says a lot about the place where we are as a country right now.

Jussie Smollett on the speculation that it was a date gone wrong:

Subway is open 24 hours! Like people kill me when they say things like that! Because it’s like Subway is open 24 hours for a reason! So that when you’re hungry at night and you ain’t got no food…you go to Subway!

I heard that it was a date gone bad…which I still resent that narrative. I’m not going to go out to get a tuna sandwich and a salad to meet somebody. That’s ridiculous and it’s offensive!

Yes, there’s Grindr! Yes, there’s Jack’d! Yes, there’s all of these things, which I have not been on in years! I can admit that I was on there back in the day. I was single, you know what I’m saying? But, I havent’ been on that in years.

On the false reports:

They reported that I had fractured ribs, and that wasn’t true. I was just in a lot of pain. My clavicle was messed up, my rib was bruised, but it wasn’t cracked. I walked into the hospital. I walked out of the hospital.

On how the attack has impacted him:

I will never be the man that this did not happen to. I am forever changed. I don’t subscribe to the idea everything happens for a reason, but I do subscribe to the idea that we have the right and the responsibility to make something meaningful out of the things that happen to us, good and bad.

On the LGBTQ community:

I just want young people, young members of the LGBTQ community, young black children to know how strong that they are, to know the power that they hold in their little pinky.

https://icecreamconvos.com/11-quotes-fr ... ack-video/

What a masterpiece in mainstream media journalism
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

So, do you feel this outraged every time your ‘non-mainstream’ media sources are shown to be outright fabricating stories, and if so, why is it that you can never muster a commensurate outrage toward them?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

The Twitter quotes in this article are rich as it gets.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... Trump.html
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:28 pm
So, do you feel this outraged every time your ‘non-mainstream’ media sources are shown to be outright fabricating stories, and if so, why is it that you can never muster a commensurate outrage toward them?

- Doc
Show me an example. Hannity has given you nearly 10 examples of the mainstream media getting it wrong over the years.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Are we just spamming the forum now? Cool. Cool cool cool, I can get on this train:

K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:11 pm
Here's a good quote from the esteemed Robin Robert's who brought Jussie Smollet on for a very sympathetic interview shortly after he was attacked and assaulted by two Trump supporters because he was gay and black.

JUSSIE SMOLLETT, ACTOR: I'm an advocate. I respect too much the people who I am now one of those people who have been attacked in any way. You do such a disservice when you lie about things like this.

ROBIN ROBERTS, ABC NEWS HOST: If the attackers are never found, how will you be able to heal?

SMOLLETT: I don't know. Let's just hope that they are. You know what I'm saying? Like let's -- let's not go there yet. Let's -- I was talking to a friend and I said I just want them to find them and she said, sweetie, they're not going to find them. That just made me so angry.

Hannity also points out this is not the first time the mainstream media has rushed to judgment and ended up with egg on their face,
Professor, Rittenhouse, you've got Richard Jewell -- you'll run through the list here. You got Nicholas Sandmann. You've got Cambridge police. You've got Ferguson, Missouri. You got Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman. You've got Freddie Gray in Baltimore.

You got UVA. You got Duke Lacrosse. It's -- then you got the three and a half year Russia lie against Donald Trump. It never ends and they never are held accountable very seldomly held accountable.
The irony is just too much here. You're relying on Sean Hannity, who is perhaps the biggest fake news talking head the world has ever seen, to criticize legit media for simply reporting events as they happened. You're upset because the media didn't jump to the conclusion that Smollett was lying? You know, like FOX News and everyone on the Right did from the get go. Hannity "gets it wrong" every single day and he's even been corrected live on-air but to no avail.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:33 pm
The Twitter quotes in this article are rich as it gets.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... Trump.html
Why do you keep repeating the same thing as if it somehow proves your point? It was already conceded that Smollett lied. People believed him. Many people, including Biden and Harris and Lemon. There was no reason NOT to believe him until the matter was investigated. Saying the media "got it wrong" suggests journalistic malpractice, but it is nothing of the sort. You don't interview someone claiming to have been attacked by assuming they're lying. Not when we know the police said that he had been attacked and a report was filed.